BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2020)

472,345 Views | 1570 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Slocum on a mobile
BQ_90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
toolshed said:

I saw the pier drilling crane for the footings yesterday as we drove by. I figured no way that's for a strip center.
Saw the same thing. Never seen footings like that for stop center
Sub4
AG
JM04 said:

I'm referring to the construction by the other strip center & gas station. Unsure of the construction next to the feeder.
I heard a rumor that it was going to a 2nd Dutch Bros Coffee
CRE-Ag
AG
toolshed said:

meezermom said:

Welcome to College Station and our two lovely water towers...

Not to worry, it won't even be noticeable. Per Mooney's request, it will be disguised as a tree, surround by an overly dense forest of baby trees. It will be the envy of the climate change crowd!! All is well!
But will there be bird houses?
meezermom
I'd be happy to start a petition to have it painted like the one in Katy - at least it's got a little style (and it won some award for the artwork).
war hymn aggie
AG
I say that we put HOT on one water tower & COLD on the other.
It is Aggieland afterall........

Pratt, Kansas has done it:
[img][/img]
MiMi
S
I'm not sure when the new signage was installed, but the Rattlers at Fitch and Arrington is now 7-Eleven.
PS3D
MiMi said:

I'm not sure when the new signage was installed, but the Rattlers at Fitch and Arrington is now 7-Eleven.
That's a bit unusual considering that Stripes still has its own "programs" (Stripes' coffee being different than 7-Eleven's coffee, etc.) and Rattlers was on the Stripes program at last visit (not at that particular Rattlers, though). TETCO is a full 7-Eleven in all but name, and the last time I drove by TETCO it was still TETCO.

I was sure those would get converted first.
ratfacemcdougal
bcstx06 said:

Is Applebee's still open? Lately the parking lot seems completely empty and the grass overgrown.
According to a facebook post from Peter Madden.....Applebee's is permanently closed.
Anonymous Source
S
MiMi said:

Slurpee machine installed yet?
Gig 'Em
LastHamlet
AG
Anonymous Source said:

MiMi said:

This
Collectonian
Anonymous Source said:

MiMi said:

It's had the machines for years. 4 flavor barrels. It was also already branded Slurpee, has been for at least a year, so nothing to really change. :-)

halibut sinclair
ICEE >>>>>>>>>>>> Slurpee
Captn_Ag05
AG
Speaking of Ice, Santa's wonderland announced that they are adding a really large ice skating rink this year.
techno-ag
AG
There's a sign up at the old Tabor Rd. arena indicating it's the site of a proposed new intermediate school.
PS3D
Four Points by Sheraton looks to be permanently closed. No activity seeming to go on, Marriott's website has delisted it. The Rattlers-turned-7/11 on Highway 40 still has the old Stripes programs going on like coffee and drinks.
woodiewood1
Anonymous Source said:

TommyBrady said:

The fact that people think that Boomtown is better than Coopers just makes me realize people don't have good taste and yeah Dickey's was so good they went out of business.
It's why Kreuz Market went out of business.
"I cant slather it in sauce? And the casing on their sausage is all wrinkly and not perfect like the Eckrich I eat at home, also slathered in sauce. Booooooooooo....."
Kruez was too expensive for the quality and totally the wrong location.
woodiewood1
toolshed said:

meezermom said:

Welcome to College Station and our two lovely water towers...

Not to worry, it won't even be noticeable. Per Mooney's request, it will be disguised as a tree, surround by an overly dense forest of baby trees. It will be the envy of the climate change crowd!! All is well!
I hope they continue the practice of planting all the trees in rows.
JaneDoe02
AG
war hymn aggie said:

[img][/img]

I spent a week every summer in my youth in Pratt, Kansas at a family reunion. I don't think I've ever heard anyone outside of my family mention Pratt before today!
war hymn aggie
AG
JaneDoe02 said:

war hymn aggie said:

[img][/img]

I spent a week every summer in my youth in Pratt, Kansas at a family reunion. I don't think I've ever heard anyone outside of my family mention Pratt before today!
My wife has family there, as well.
Anonymous Source
S
woodiewood1 said:

Anonymous Source said:

TommyBrady said:

The fact that people think that Boomtown is better than Coopers just makes me realize people don't have good taste and yeah Dickey's was so good they went out of business.
It's why Kreuz Market went out of business.
"I cant slather it in sauce? And the casing on their sausage is all wrinkly and not perfect like the Eckrich I eat at home, also slathered in sauce. Booooooooooo....."
Kruez was too expensive for the quality and totally the wrong location.

I'll give you the location, but their brisket and prime rib were first class.
And BBQ joints like that are pricey. That's what happens when you can't find brisket at $.97 a pound any more.
Gig 'Em
TLIAC
AG
dallasiteinsa02 said:

mason12 said:

On Boomtown - no bark with flavor on the brisket. Bland meat overall. The slices I got were fatty on one end and tough/rubbery on the other end. Sauces was okay. The group I went with thought the pulled pork was good (on sandwiches and nachos).
The BBQ is ok at best. Their concepts of blending together a bunch of stuff into a sandwich or dish is something different.
Maybe the blending is something different for this area but my very favorite thing at the Driftwood Salt Lick is the Marino sandwich which is Chopped Brisket, Sausage & Ribs with pickles & onions. So good.
MiMi
S
Grub Burger Bar reopened yesterday.
doubledog
JaneDoe02 said:

war hymn aggie said:

[img][/img]

Pratt Kansas gateway to Medicine Lodge. On the old "cannon ball" highway (54).
MiMi
S
From Mad Taco Facebook page:
Quote:

Peter Madden here. First, let me thank you all for your tremendous support and your kind words after my previous message. You cannot imagine how much it fuels our efforts. Things are tough, but not impossible. Today, I am writing to begin letting a cat out of a bag and pass on some crucial information. As you know, our original location on the corner of Texas Ave and University has only been open on the weekends for the past 3 months or so. Well, it is time to make some decisions about what to do there. So we are going to close it, effective immediately (wait for it) so that we can reset and reopen 5 days a week, lunch and dinner!

Our goal is to reopen for lunch on Tuesday, October 20th. In the meantime, we are going to be working on shifting the concept slightly. We are not quite ready to say what it will be, but with each passing week we will get closer to unveiling our plans. Please do speculate! That is all I will say for now but remember and please spread the word. MAD taco on University is completely closed for the next 3 weeks to reset so we can reopen!

And stay tuned so you can follow our journey to reopen and thanks again for your help. What a blessing you are to us.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Whew....I love Mad Taco. Get it quite a bit when I'm in town. Seems like kids love Fuego, but to me Mad Taco is superior.
FlyRod
Really hoping it actually does reopen. One of my favorites, and Peter is such a good guy.
montegobay
Glad they are staying open. We visit the one on Greens Prairie weekly.
techno-ag
AG
It's unfortunate for Mad Taco everything university related is shutting down after Thanksgiving.
FlyRod
Are y'all ready for this one? Wait for it.

Cmac is rebooting Stover Boys/Brothers.

In (drumroll please) the former Silk Stocking location.

You're welcome.

(Of course I'm going to try it)

Edit: my understanding now it's a food truck at that location, not yet a brick and mortar place.
James Russell
AG
FlyRod said:

halibut sinclair
Quote:

ICK
meezermom
OK, I'll bite - what is CMAC?
MiMi
S
Quote:

OK, I'll bite - what is CMAC?
TexAgs poster, former owner of Stover Boys and Stover Brothers, and currently planning to open a food truck.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Stover Brothers had probably the best greasy burger I've ever had. And this location is close to my house so I will be a regular customer again.

2020 has been such a sh*t show that I'm glad to hear some good news.
halibut sinclair
GiveEmHellBill said:

Stover Brothers had probably the best greasy burger I've ever had.

SB was awful. Margie's or Top of the Hill is where it's at for a greasy burger.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.