DirecTV Now

164,015 Views | 1288 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Nobody Knows My Name
Pman17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CJS4715 said:

When is the update live for Roku?

Like FireTV, in the coming weeks.
texag06ish
AG
is anyone else being directed to dircetvnow.com/accounts/sign-in and asked to follow directions? I am going the web address and signing in but there are never any directions.

I am using an AppleTV (version right before the 4K). TIA.
flakrat
AG
No idea if this is related, I run Pi-Hole at home and unless I disable it, the DirecTV Now web site doesn't work properly.

Perhaps you are running something similar that's blocking "malicious" content that is borking the site?
texag06ish
AG
Wound up chatting with customer support and they did something to reset my account that worked.
agdaddy04
AG
It's live, just can't record every show just yet for some reason
Objective Aggie
AG
Wish they would have rolled out user profiles which was supposedly coming soon.

I mean, Netflix ha had that for awhile.
Objective Aggie
AG
flakrat said:

No idea if this is related, I run Pi-Hole at home and unless I disable it, the DirecTV Now web site doesn't work properly.

Perhaps you are running something similar that's blocking "malicious" content that is borking the site?

I run K-Hole and it wouldn't work until I migrated to a decentralized internet.

My other tv runs on a Box 2 (signature edition) and it just crashes.
Objective Aggie
AG
My Seppen fridge is able to run DirectV Now thanks to a release patch.
Bregxit
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Can you tell me a show that it lets you record? It is acting just like beta did for me in that any series I attempted to record threw an error. The only difference is now it tells me this is a beta feature.
TxAggieBand85
AG
flakrat said:

Indeed on Pi-Hole and DirecTV Now blocking content. I use PI-Hole also and changed the DNS on my Apple TV. Works great.

Change DNS to something like OpenDNS, Google or Cloudfare.

OpenDNS

Google DNS

Objective Aggie
AG
dlance said:

agdaddy04 said:

Can you tell me a show that it lets you record? It is acting just like beta did for me in that any series I attempted to record threw an error. The only difference is now it tells me this is a beta feature.

I wanted to see if Dvr worked and recorded SportsCenter. Worked pretty easily. Playback was super easy.
Bregxit
AG
Objective Aggie said:

dlance said:

agdaddy04 said:

I wanted to see if Dvr worked and recorded SportsCenter. Worked pretty easily. Playback was super easy.

I take back my previous comment. I can schedule Sportcenter single episodes or all episodes. If I pick the option of new episodes it says there are no new episodes scheduled to air.

So it is live but still not quite there yet. ETA: It is funny to me that it always says this is a beta feature.
Pman17
AG
I've noticed in on-demand, I can skip through commercials. Was that a thing before? I'm guessing the on-demand content was recorded.

Some shows throw an error when I hit record new episodes on the website. When I do it on my phone for the same show, it says the season ended. This was with Big Bang. Hopefully it's not a CBS thing. I set up Modern Family and Archer to record new episodes. On-demand content kinda makes the recording pointless but not every episode is on-demand.
agdaddy04
AG
Yes we've been with DTVNow for a year and I thought I would've missed DVR but I didn't miss it at all.
AgsWin2011
AG
I can't get the guide to load. I have to hit the menu and scroll through pictures to find what I want to watch. I liked that I was able to swipe down and bring the guide up pretty quick but now it's gone.

After my trial period ends I will be going with PS Vue. I live in College Station and DTV Now doesn't get locals including ABC, NBC, CBS or Fox. Definite no go for me when football season rolls around.

Edit: Got the guide to finally load. Also meant to mention that I only am using DTV Now to take advantage of the free Apple TV 4K.

Is there any way to rewind or fast forward after you pause?
agdaddy04
AG
Since the update we're having very bad buffering issues. Anyone else?
goose91
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Since the update we're having very bad buffering issues. Anyone else?
Bad buffering issues with me too. Neither the NHL or NBA game would play at all last night.

And why are the Astros games blacked out on MLB Channel? The game isn't available on any other Directv NOW channel.
flakrat
AG
Heismenberg said:

Is there any way to rewind or fast forward after you pause?

I was just going to ask the same. That's a feature I really miss since moving away from a physical DVR.
dummble
AG
I was having the same issue with only TNT (rockets game) last night on the firestick app, I switched to chromecast kicked off from my phone and it worked fine.
agdaddy04
AG
With the new app, every time I turn on for the first time in a day I have to go and reselect favorites in the menu. Somewhat annoying since that feature worked fine in the old app for appletv
Objective Aggie
AG
When we do have issues, I keep reminding myself I am saving $75 a month. And that was without HBO which I now have for free (I suspended HBO while waiting for a few shows to come back).

I haven't really had much to complain about. Nuisance kind of things. Biggest complaint would be you can't skip commercials in all recordings. But I don't watch that much so not that big.

I wish you could get referrals. I would be rich.
Pman17
AG
Update out on FireTV
Fslip01
For the folks who opted for the AppleTV deal, how long did it take for you to get the AppleTV?
Pman17
AG
Fslip01 said:

For the folks who opted for the AppleTV deal, how long did it take for you to get the AppleTV?
1 week
dude95
AG
Finally talked the family into this (I travel and don't use the cable much).

Going to do the trial to show everyone first...then upgrade internet with Orbi and my own modem. Upgrading to 250 from the current 150 (up from 100 in January) with Xfinity.

I've got two firesticks that I could use - do I need to upgrade to firetv? Thinking about it for the living room anyway as we have Alexa and it'll be a good gimmick to get everyone not to complain. Will I be ok with firestick in the media room with a HD projector? I can stream Netflix off it now - don't seem to have many problems...but thinking about it??

Was also wondering about the debate with the DVR. We have a lot of space in our current DVR and we all like this over Xfinity on-demand because we can fast forward through commercials. 20 hours doesn't seem to be a ton and I'm sure there will be bugs they are still working out. What say you????
Objective Aggie
AG
anyone else get an extra appletv? happened to me as well as a friend.
texag06ish
AG
Pay for 3 months and get an Apple TV. With the HDMI CEC feature you will only need the Apple TV remote to control your TV, receiver and Apple TV.
Objective Aggie
AG
texag06ish said:

Pay for 3 months and get an Apple TV. With the HDMI CEC feature you will only need the Apple TV remote to control your TV, receiver and Apple TV.
how do you turn off a TV with your apple remote??
texag06ish
AG
HDMI CEC control. It's called a different name by each manufacturer. Google it by your make/model.
AgsWin2011
AG
Objective Aggie said:

texag06ish said:

I hold down the TV button on the remote and a little window pops up. When I hit sleep it automatically turns my TV off as well.
flakrat
AG
Heismenberg said:

Objective Aggie said:

texag06ish said:

I hold down the TV button on the remote and a little window pops up. When I hit sleep it automatically turns my TV off as well.

Similar thing on a Fire TV, press and hold the Home button then select Standby
texag06ish
AG
Heismenberg said:

Objective Aggie said:

texag06ish said:

This is probably a better answer. I didn't realize you wanted the actual steps! My mistake.
Objective Aggie
AG
works!
Objective Aggie
AG
I can't login. Anyone else experiencing problems?
trueaggie2782
AG
New app available for Roku now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.