DirecTV Now

164,077 Views | 1288 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Nobody Knows My Name
Pman17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's nicer to control on the Apple TV than FireStick. Way nicer experience with other apps. FireStick is too confusing to find your apps. Obviously they want you to use Alexa.

I haven't watched enough on the others but Apple TV. Sometimes you'll run into Apple TV bugs that never get fixed. Sometimes the sound will randomly go out and you have to restart the Apple TV. Happens to me on my Apple TV 4K and happens to my parents on their Apple TV 4 1080p. On the DirecTV end, the picture will randomly go black and you have to flip a channel and flip back. These things happen maybe once a week.
bigboykin
AG
goose91 said:

Anyone else's local channels screwed up today? I've got locals out of Kansas City instead of my normal Austin stations.

Double check your billing address. My locals randomly stopped working after one of the updates. After multiple calls nobody could figure it out, and then we finally saw that they had the wrong billing address zip. I'd been at the same address for 9 months, had all locals working for DFW, and all my charges processed previously. Nobody else has access or could've changed it. Had to just be a glitch on their end. Corrected it and all was fixed.
Bregxit
AG
So strange, content and the DVR library refuse to load on my PC. iOS and FireTV work fine.
goose91
AG
I double checked the billing information and it hasn't changed. Still has me in Round Rock, Tx.

I am still getting Kansas City local channels on two of my devices. One the other device and tablet, I get Austin locals. Very odd. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app, unplugging and rebooting the device. No changes to the locals.

On the positive side, hopefully the Astro's games won't be blacked out on the MLB Channel anymore...
Bregxit
AG
$5 price increase applies to the $35 Go Big packages also. So $40/mo now.
boy09
AG
So much for being "locked in" to the $35/mo price...
Charpie
AG
What 5 buck change?
Bregxit
AG
Charpie said:

What 5 buck change?

Watch your email. Everything going up five bucks.
Charpie
AG
Damn
dave99ag
AG
Still cheaper than DirecTV, so I'll survive. As a small consolation, they finally added locals in B/CS sans ABC.
Charpie
AG
I'm mildly annoyed that I can't get KXAN on it.
nwspmp
boy09 said:

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I haven't gotten any e-mail about the original grandfathered pricing going up, and they never even stopped the HBO after the first year, that was supposed to happen.

Do you have a copy of the e-mail for the grandfathered pricing going up? Would definitely like to see what is said in there!
Bregxit
AG
Quote:

Hi dlance,

At DIRECTV NOW, our passion is to deliver a one-of-a-kind entertainment streaming service at a great value. Recently we introduced our True Cloud DVRBETA with 20 free hours* and an updated user experience. And since our launch, we've added over 200 local channels nationwide.

In order to keep enhancements like these coming, we're adjusting our prices. Starting 08/07/2018, the cost of your Go Big package will increase by $5/mo. to $40/mo.

We know value is important, and that's why we are determined to keep packing in as many features and benefits as possible while continuing to keep your prices low.
Bregxit
AG
Does anyone else have issues with the DVR not "recording" the whole program you tell it to?

My wife watches a show that is listed in the guide from 9pm-9:35pm. When you look the episodes up in On Demand, they all say 35 minutes. She has complained that the end is always cut off so I watched alomg with her last night. Sure enough, the episode ran until 9:35 but the DVR only recorded the first 31:12 of the episode.
WoMD
Yep. Every episode I recorded of the expanse cut off the last 5 minutes (the first couple cut off the first 15 minutes, but that was with the beta) of every episode. Now I wait a day and watch all episodes I miss directly from the app. I haven't used the dvr since. It's basically useless.
Bregxit
AG
That sucks. Unfortunately the show she watches is on TVLand and they don't have a FireTV app. I guess I could hook her up on the AppleTV but it isn't her favorite.

Thanks for confirming it wasn't just a me problem (like when DVR never worked at all for me in beta lol).
agdaddy04
AG
dlance said:

Charpie said:

What 5 buck change?

Watch your email. Everything going up five bucks.

I haven't received an email about prices going up.
agdaddy04
AG
"Younger"?
Bregxit
AG
agdaddy04 said:

"Younger"?
Yes
agdaddy04
AG
Figured as my wife was having the same problem. Now I just make sure I'm home in time to put the kids to bed so that she can watch it live and saves me from having to hear her ***** about the DVR issues with that channel.
AgsWin2011
AG
Why don't you just record the show that comes on after it too?

Also I canceled my DTV NOW and they gave me an offer for $10 off a month for 3 months. So until October I'm only paying $25 a month. But I will upgrade to the next package up when Football starts.
Pman17
AG
nwspmp said:

boy09 said:

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I haven't gotten any e-mail about the original grandfathered pricing going up, and they never even stopped the HBO after the first year, that was supposed to happen.

Do you have a copy of the e-mail for the grandfathered pricing going up? Would definitely like to see what is said in there!
I just got my email yesterday.
Bregxit
AG
Heh, and DTVNow craps the bed 4 minutes into the Home Run Derby.
agdaddy04
AG
Yep had to switch to espn app.

Still haven't gotten price increase email
agdaddy04
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Posted this and then got the email at 8pm
Bregxit
AG
agdaddy04 said:

agdaddy04 said:

Posted this and then got the email at 8pm

Did you think they forgot about you?
agdaddy04
AG
Haha no. Was hoping it slipped through for another month.
BQ2001
AG
Yeah bad timing to announce a price increase and then the service ****s the bed.
Ag12thman
AG
I have signed up for DirecTV Now, but they do not currently carry my local channels. As a result, I do not currently get CBS, ABC, NBC, or FOX. This isn't a problem for me now, but it will be when College Football cranks up. What are my options? Should I try an air antenna of some sort?
dave99ag
AG
ABC games will be on ESPN, so use the ESPN app. As for CBS / Fox, yeah, you'll need to use an antenna. I only care about SEC games, so CBS was my only challenge last year. I put up rabbit ears and could pickup KBTX in CS easily.
Ag12thman
AG
Thanks for the info. I think I can probably pick up all those channels with a decent air antenna, so I may have to go shopping for one. I am going to have a problem when it comes to DVRing anything that comes on those channels (ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS), though.
dave99ag
AG
Yeah, that might be a problem. My wife and I don't watch much TV outside of a few non-network shows and sports, so it hasn't impacted us much.
Ag12thman
AG
I'm just like you and don't watch very much TV when it's not football season. BUT, I love, love, love college sports (especially football and basketball), so when I'm not in Aggieland going to Kyle Field (i.e. when the Ags are on the road), I watch a ton of college football games. I like to DVR the big ones when I am making the trip to Aggieland, too, so I may have to see if maybe a stand-alone DVR is available or something.
agdaddy04
AG
Earlier in the thread people were discussing the way they've hooked up OTA to DVR systems. Just some up front costs with that.
Ag12thman
AG
Thanks for the heads up on that. I will have to go back and see if I can find that chapter.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.