DirecTV Now

164,029 Views | 1288 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Nobody Knows My Name
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bbattbq01 said:

https://help.directvnow.com/hc/en-us/articles/215395423-Can-I-use-my-DIRECTV-NOW-account-to-sign-in-to-network-sites-and-apps-

NBC Golf (starting 2/16/2017)
NBC Sports (starting 2/16/2017)

Now just need fox sports go!
agdaddy04
AG
On Apple TV I don't see a separate app for NBC Golf.
gougler08
AG
agdaddy04 said:

On Apple TV I don't see a separate app for NBC Golf.

Interesting, but I'm happy with NBC Sports for EPL games
BEaggie08
AG
Welp...just canceled D Now and switched to Vue. No locals on D Now or network app access using DirecTV Now as provider. That and it only worked about 40% of the time. Most of the time it showed guide info, but I couldn't get it to connect to a channel stream. Just a nice background for the channel and horizontal blue line through the screen. On a Gigabit connection.

I hope Vue is better. On a positive note, I am enjoying the Apple TV.
agdaddy04
AG
Something sounds off. Only had one or two stream issues. Works great 99% of the time.
gougler08
AG
Anyone having issues today where only about half the channels show up on the guide?
trueaggie2782
AG
gougler08 said:

Anyone having issues today where only about half the channels show up on the guide?

Yes
WoMD
gougler08 said:

Yep. Not sure if there's a fix, but pretty annoyed right now.
gougler08
AG
WoMD said:

gougler08 said:

Me too, I'm watching Con Air for heavens sake cause I can't select anything better
WoMD
gougler08 said:

WoMD said:

gougler08 said:

Me too, I'm watching Con Air for heavens sake cause I can't select anything better

I've settled on an old Star Trek since BBC still works.
agdaddy04
AG
Having the same problem. Kind of ironic considering I was just talking about not having any issues. What I did figure out though is that if you select what you can it still lets you swipe to the next channel even though you can't select it from the guide. They better fix issues like this quick.
agdaddy04
AG
Are others also having more issues with the ticker at the bottom of shows like sports center being somewhat blurry? Didn't used to have the issue, and still don't if I'm using the ESPN app, but watching ESPN inside DTV Now app is pretty frustrating.
trueaggie2782
AG
Just got an email from directv. I imagine their problems are stemming from the fact that they turned on hbo, Cinemax, and starz for everyone this weekend.
YouBet
AG
gougler08 said:

WoMD said:

gougler08 said:

Pretty much the apex of movies. So, what's the problem again?
gougler08
AG
YouBet said:

gougler08 said:

WoMD said:

gougler08 said:

Nicolas Cage's southern accent is so authentic it makes the movie perfect
txag2k
AG
gougler08 said:

YouBet said:

gougler08 said:

WoMD said:

gougler08 said:

Nicolas Cage's southern accent is so authentic it makes the movie perfect

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/EaXaVpN
elnaco
AG
I got Direct TV Now this month pretty much for the free Apple TV. It's been alright so far. Haven't had too much trouble but will probably switch to whatever else comes out next that's better.
OasisMan
AG
St_Jason said:

Here are some of the channels, though there isn't a complete list yet

No DVR functions yet though they said they will be adding that in 2017. No roku support yet, but again will be adding in 2017. If you buy in for the "Go Big" package during the "introductory period" it will be 35 a month instead of 60, and as long as you are subscribed you will be grandfathered in to the 35 a month price point.
I just got an email that my 3mo period is up and my price is increasing to $60
gougler08
AG
OasisMan said:

St_Jason said:

Here are some of the channels, though there isn't a complete list yet

No DVR functions yet though they said they will be adding that in 2017. No roku support yet, but again will be adding in 2017. If you buy in for the "Go Big" package during the "introductory period" it will be 35 a month instead of 60, and as long as you are subscribed you will be grandfathered in to the 35 a month price point.
I just got an email that my 3mo period is up and my price is increasing to $60
If that's the case...I'll be switching to PS Vue soon
Charpie
AG
I didn't get one
AggieLong
AG
This is what I received. Looks like the $35/mo deal is still valid as long as you don't change your plan.

Quote:

When you signed up for our introductory Go Big offer at $35/mo, you scored an incredible deal that's no longer available (it's now $60!). Remember to stay with your Go Big plan, and you'll keep on saving!
TexasAggie008
AG
yeah thats my understanding too

at least it better be!
dave99ag
AG
We've been using only the AppleTV and DirecTV Now for the last few weeks. Going to put the DirecTV subscription on hold for the next 6 months and see how DTV Now develops. Most of the time we're only watching WatchESPN anyway. I wish in the DTV Now guide they'd list the teams versus only "Men's Basketball."
BEaggie08
AG
I switched to Vue anyway. Liking it better. More reliable, more consistent on-demand availability and DVR. My Vue Plan is only $29.99 month and includes all the channels that I watch on a regular basis. When football season rolls around, I'll upgrade to the $34.99 package to get all of the conference networks (including SEC Network) and NFL Network (can reportedly add RedZone).

In Vue's $29.99 a month plan I get DIY which available until DirecTV Now's 3rd tier package. With the inclusion of ABC, NBC, and Fox on demand it is a much more complete option for me. The downside to Vue is that HBO and Showtime cost more to add ($15/mo each vs $5/mo each) I'll likely only subscribe to the premiums sporadically (to watch GoT live and to periodically binge watch other stuff).
jtmoney03
AG
As long as you do not switch plans or stop the service, you will be grandfathered at $35 for as long as you use DTV Now. They are just alluding to the fact that the plan you have, should you sign up for it today outside of the intro period, would cost you $60/month.
Robk
Be careful. I had to cancel my debit card, but forgot to change the card on DirectTV now. Well it was due on the 8th, realized on the 9th what had happened but had already lost the $35 price. Went back to sling.
AGTX
AG
Thanks for the heads up!

I had to have a new CC issued too.
Pman17
AG
I added HBO a few weeks ago. Didn't affect my grandfathered service. Cool you get HBO Go but the downside is you only get two HBO channels on DirecTV Now. Makes sense why it's $5.
WGann3
AG
Pman17 said:

I added HBO a few weeks ago. Didn't affect my grandfathered service. Cool you get HBO Go but the downside is you only get two HBO channels on DirecTV Now. Makes sense why it's $5.
Still a great value for the HBO GO access though.
bbattbq01
AG
I rarely actually watch directv now... it's pretty much just for the access to apps. Kids use the Disney apps to watch shows all the time. I use hbogo ESPN and NBC sports apps. I guess directv now will get used more once baseball season gets underway here in a month or so... but use OTA or apps for most watching currently.
James Russell
AG
I took the advice of users on the directv now subreddit and set up my account to pay with paypal. If you already have money in paypal, there's your buffer in case of card denial. If not, you can load multiple credit cards into your paypal account.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
I read through this entire thread a few weeks ago when I signed up for DirecTV Now, but I have a quick question for you all. I have the "Just Right" package and I have AT&T as my carrier. My understanding is that the data used for DTVN is not counted in my monthly allotment. However, if I stream outside the DTVN app and sign into WatchESPN and stream an Aggie baseball game on mobile data does this use up my monthly data or is it still free for signing in with my DTVN account? Any help would be appreciated.
bbattbq01
AG
GT_Aggie2015 said:

I read through this entire thread a few weeks ago when I signed up for DirecTV Now, but I have a quick question for you all. I have the "Just Right" package and I have AT&T as my carrier. My understanding is that the data used for DTVN is not counted in my monthly allotment. However, if I stream outside the DTVN app and sign into WatchESPN and stream an Aggie baseball game on mobile data does this use up my monthly data or is it still free for signing in with my DTVN account? Any help would be appreciated.

I don't have att but believe it's only from dtvn app that is free.

And this link seems to confirm:
https://directvnow.com/data
GT_Aggie2015
AG
bbattbq01 said:

GT_Aggie2015 said:

I don't have att but believe it's only from dtvn app that is free.

And this link seems to confirm:
https://directvnow.com/data
You are correct. I missed it the first time I read through that page.

Is streaming sponsored on other network apps if I sign in with my DIRECTV NOW account?

No. Currently, this offer applies to content you view while signed in to the DIRECTV NOW app only.
bbattbq01
AG
Edit, more apps available but still no FOX sports go.

Quote:

Yes, DIRECTV NOW subscribers can use their account username and password to access the following network websites and their respective mobile apps:

ABC
B2N2GO (Big 10)
Disney
Disney Jr.
Disney XD
ESPN (WatchESPN)
Fox Now
Freeform
FX Now
HBO GO (requires premium subscription to HBO)
MAX GO (requires premium subscription to Cinemax)
NatGeo
NBC Golf
NBC Sports

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.