DirecTV Now

164,105 Views | 1288 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Nobody Knows My Name
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
trueaggie2782 said:

Which platform are you testing? I was able to successfully record without errors on both chrome and iOS platforms.

iPhone and Apple TV. Get the following every time no matter what channel or show.

trueaggie2782
AG
dlance said:

trueaggie2782 said:

Which platform are you testing? I was able to successfully record without errors on both chrome and iOS platforms.

iPhone and Apple TV. Get the following every time no matter what channel or show.

Interesting. Does this happen when you're on wifi too or just on cellular?
Bregxit
AG
trueaggie2782 said:

dlance said:

trueaggie2782 said:

Interesting. Does this happen when you're on wifi too or just on cellular?

Both
trueaggie2782
AG
That sucks. They must have not turned permissions on for your account or something. Definitely has to be an account type issue.
Bregxit
AG
trueaggie2782 said:

That sucks. They must have not turned permissions on for your account or something. Definitely has to be an account type issue.

Whatever it is they cannot figure it out.
Bregxit
AG
I am happy to hear you and others are having a decent experience with it though. That is encouraging. I am growing frustrated with the PSVue DVR since it cuts everything off about three minutes early.
trueaggie2782
AG
FWIW, the tech support for this beta test is slow and terrible. It took them over a month to reply to one of my emails, so I couldn't test during that period. My guess is that they have more than enough volunteers so if there are issues with a couple of accounts, nobody cares.
Bregxit
AG
trueaggie2782 said:

FWIW, the tech support for this beta test is slow and terrible. It took them over a month to reply to one of my emails, so I couldn't test during that period. My guess is that they have more than enough volunteers so if there are issues with a couple of accounts, nobody cares.

That's no lie. Took three weeks for the initial response to my report. Then we'd exchange emails every 4-5 days. I finally gave up and will just wait for it to go live.
aTm2004
AG
dlance said:

I am happy to hear you and others are having a decent experience with it though. That is encouraging. I am growing frustrated with the PSVue DVR since it cuts everything off about three minutes early.
Really? I don't have that issue at all. The only real complaint I have with PSVue's DVR is the inability to record certain sporting events. If I want to record Sumlin giving us another kick to the nuts, then I record "College Football," which records every ****ing game that day.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
Bregxit
AG
aTm2004 said:

dlance said:

Really? I don't have that issue at all. The only real complaint I have with PSVue's DVR is the inability to record certain sporting events. If I want to record Sumlin giving us another kick to the nuts, then I record "College Football," which records every ****ing game that day.

Every network show we record cuts off in the middle of the ending punchline. Modern Family, Good Place, Speechless, Naked and Afraid...all cut off early. It does the "up next" countdown then it's gone. Not a HUGE deal but it is annoying.
bobinator
AG
we're trying out a month of PsVue and so far I do not love it. (I previously did a trial of DTVNow)

The guide is bulky to me and i don't like the lack of options to DVR.
AW 1880
AG
I just got an email asking if I wanted to beta test the cloud DVR. I'll add to this thread once I try it.
bigboykin
AG
Anybody able to get signed up for the beta? I keep getting a bad request error when I try to sign up. Just did a chat with a rep and he couldn't resolve it. Told me he had "escalated" the issue whatever that means...
txag2k
AG
I was able to sign up last night from my iPhone.
agdaddy04
AG
bigboykin said:

Anybody able to get signed up for the beta? I keep getting a bad request error when I try to sign up. Just did a chat with a rep and he couldn't resolve it. Told me he had "escalated" the issue whatever that means...

I'm getting the same error.
jtmoney03
AG
I also got the email last night. Went ahead and signed up but not hopeful based on previous posts here about the errors.
JBAggie00
Twice, I've gotten the email and signed up for the beta but I guess I am not being accepted. I'm using an Amazon Fire primarily.
boy09
AG
Signed up for the beta last week. Got the email last night that I was approved. I put Apple TV as my primary device and it appears that's the only device I'll be able to use it on right now (it'll also apparently work in web browser, but I never watch that way). It says I will receive another email later for iPad/iPhone. And it says I will receive another email "in the upcoming weeks" for the Fire TV/Firestick Beta.
jtmoney03
AG
I got the email last night as well. So I will get that set up tonight and see how it goes!
WoMD
Approved for beta and set up last night. Have recorded two things and can't fast forward on either, says it's disabled on this program. Not thrilled by that, hopefully will change.
txag2k
AG
got the email last night, need to install TestFlight on my AppleTv when I go home @ lunch to see how it goes.
WGann3
AG
This may have already been addressed in the previous pages, but does NBC royally suck for anyone else? It is the only channel that consistently buffers or flat out freezes for me.
AW 1880
AG
It's difficult to watch the cowboys game. Buffering, freezing, and poor quality. I'm streaming on a Roku and wonder if that has anything to do with it. I did several network tests and it was pretty good.
Pman17
AG
Try NBC Sports App? If the streaming is bad, I find the app of the network and sign in my DIRECTV Now account. This internet TV thing is still in its infancy, I find the streaming bad when you're in the home team city.
WGann3
AG
I was watching on my Apple TV so I don't think it's a device issue...

It's the same thing when I watch it through my browser on my 2nd monitor while on my desktop. There seems to be something different with NBC because on my browser I can ONLY watch it in full screen. Like, there's literally a pop up message that says so and makes me accept a full screen stream. It's the only channel I've come across that does that.

And Pman, that's typically my approach but I'm pretty sure the Apple TV NBC Sports App won't let me watch it on there... However, I didn't try it last night because I was only half way watching anyways.
bbattbq01
AG
Anyone able to get the 15$ AT&T credit for being on unlimited data plan on top of the original 35$ go big promotion?
texag06ish
AG
agdaddy04 said:

bigboykin said:

I'm getting the same error.

Same issue here.
agdaddy04
AG
Any updates on dvr??
Pman17
AG
Nah, but you can sign up for the beta. Though I've tried and no luck.
Pman17
AG
It's been a year, still no KHOU and KPRC. Especially KPRC before Superbowl! Gonna have to do a free trial for one that has it next Sunday.
Texas_Aggie91
AG
I got access to the beta this morning. Looking forward to the DVR feature. Comes with 20 hours.

Also, you should be able to watch the Super Bowl on the NBC Sports App. I've been watching the playoffs on the CBS Sports and Fox Sports apps using my DTVnow credentials.
Texas Gator
I was starting to think about switching to something else due to the really annoying buffering that I was dealing with on my Amazon Fire, but I got invited for the beta about a week ago and got access to it on Thursday. Thus far, I'm pretty impressed. After four days of fairly frequent tv watching, I have yet to have a single buffering issue. The recordings have also worked without a glitch so far. The app has failed to start properly a couple of times, but has worked when I tried again. I'm hoping that this is a sign of continued improvements.
agracer
AG
Just based on reading the last 3 pages of this thread, is the DTv Now better in the Apple TV than other devices? Seems all the reviews for the App on the fire tv mostly say the buffering makes most shows unwatchable.

I've been using a fireTV and PSVue for 18 months now and other than the DVR being useless for live sports, it's been pretty good. But they increased the price to $45/mo and with my internet cost, I could bundle and go back to the cable tv for the same price and have a DVR that works.
agdaddy04
AG
Only have it on appletv so I can't answer that but I have no buffering issues.
ktownag08
AG
Been using DTV Now since the beginning on a Fire TV and no buffering issues. Every once in a while it'll take a bit longer than desired when changing a channel, but I can live with that. I have it connected via the Ethernet port in the back with a 60Mb connection (realistically around 30-35).

I also use it on Fire Sticks in the bedrooms with almost no issues as well. The issues I encounter there are more related to the Fire Sticks being slower than any DTV Now issue.

Go for it!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.