DirecTV Now

164,096 Views | 1288 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Nobody Knows My Name
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seems silly for them to make a big deal out of CBS when it is only for 14 markets thus far.
aTm2004
AG
Makes you wonder how much business they're not getting by not having it. Local channels were a big thing when I decided to make the switch. I have an antenna as well, but want that to be only a backup and not something I have to rely on for local channels. I'd also lose the ability to record shows that we watch.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
Bregxit
AG
No idea. I am still carrying my $35 grandfathered sub even though we hardly use it at the moment. Once DVR is in and the locals are sorted out we'll probably dump PSVue.
Pman17
AG
DirecTV Now works with the single sign on with tvOS 11 and iOS11.
WoMD
Pman17 said:

DirecTV Now works with the single sign on with tvOS 11 and iOS11.

Thank you. So tired of constantly having to log into the individual apps almost at random. Not sure why I get logged out of things and then have to go my iPad to set it up again. Seems to happen every couple of months on various apps, not sure why. Hopefully this fixes this issue.
agdaddy04
AG
How are y'all watching the games on cbs? I see the option on iPhone cbs Sports app but not the one on appletv and the airplay option isn't working
dave99ag
AG
In CS, I'm using an antenna.
agdaddy04
AG
So this time the Sunday Night game says it's not available with my DTVNow account. Signed into my parents dish network account and I'm able to watch. Kind of frustrating.
texag06ish
AG
No problems with any NFL broadcasts today.
agdaddy04
AG
Do you have NBC on a local?
texag06ish
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Do you have NBC on a local?

Yes. DFW.
BTHOB
AG
Anybody update to tvOS 11 on AppleTV yet? How does Directv Now work with it? Single sign on actually supported now?
agdaddy04
AG
I tried searching for an update yesterday but it said I was up to date. Anyone know how to update to 11? It is supposed to work with single sign on.
BTHOB
AG
TvOS just became available today
trueaggie2782
AG
Just got the pre beta tester email.
Brick Tamland
Is the free Apple TV thing still going?
TexAgBolter
AG
Me too
Pman17
AG
Brick Tamland said:

Is the free Apple TV thing still going?
It started back up a month ago. I don't know if it's still going but you have to either call or go in store to sign up for a 3 month subscription and get one.
Jim01
AG
I signed up for a free 7 days and had zero issue watching the USWNT Soccer last night.

However this morning I figured I would catch up on some TV. So I went to some websites and tried to watch.

FX -> The Americans -> FAIL!!!
FX -> Fargo -> FAIL!!!
AMC -> Better Call Saul -> FAIL!!!

I haven't had an tv streaming subscription since last football season, but it used to be you could log on and watch old episodes. It looks like now that's changed? Apparently the new model is that shows expire mere days after they air, and then for the newest season your options are to either pay a site (like iTunes or Amazon for the most recent season) or wait until it pops up on a free site? WTF!!!

Part of the reason I would pay to subscribe would be to be able to watch the latest season of shows, but it looks like that's not an option.

So basically the sole advantage of DirectNow, Sling, PS VUE would be that I could watch live sports? Hard pass for that price if I can't even catch up on the shows I love on the networks I am PAYING FOR!!!
agdaddy04
AG
You can watch all of those on the Fox app after logging in with DTVNow subscription
Jim01
AG
That's good to know, but I used to be able to watch on their websites. I work from home with a second monitor and watch a ton of shows on my second monitor while I work. So now I guess I need my iPad on the desk too.
jay040
On PS Vue, if added to "My Shows", you can stream from your PC.
Jim01
AG
Are you sure about that? I just tried FXNow app and AMC app and nothing. The Fox app doesn't even list DirectNow as a provider option.

Note: Better Call Saul lists the episodes but only have "Extras" available for each one, not the episode itself.
BTHOB
AG
By the way, it looks like Directv Now single sign on is NOT supported in tvOS11. Updated to tvOS11 yesterday and wasn't able to login to Directv Now via single sign on.
AggieFrog
AG
BTHOB said:

By the way, it looks like Directv Now single sign on is NOT supported in tvOS11. Updated to tvOS11 yesterday and wasn't able to login to Directv Now via single sign on.

Did you make DirecTV Now your default service in settings?
BTHOB
AG
I found and selected Directv Now as my TV provider in the Settings (which was not there with previous versions of tvOS). However, I was not able to enter any credentials (email/password/etc...). So, I was never actually able to login via single sign on.

As I was never prompted to enter credentials, I don't see how other apps could utilize the "single sign on credentials" to log me in. So, that's why I don't think it is fully supported yet on tvOS11.
RangerRick9211
AG
Jim01 said:

Are you sure about that? I just tried FXNow app and AMC app and nothing. The Fox app doesn't even list DirectNow as a provider option.

Note: Better Call Saul lists the episodes but only have "Extras" available for each one, not the episode itself.

Android's FoxGo has DirectTV Now as an option. Like most apps, you have to go to Other Providers or search for it.

It seems like episodes expire as soon as the season is over.
RangerRick9211
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/dtvn_accountmarket/

Peeps be willing to pay $100+ for your grandfathered account over on Reddit if you decide to move on.
agdaddy04
AG
They're on the foxnow app on appletv. I just looked this weekend
texag06ish
AG
RangerRick9211 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dtvn_accountmarket/

Peeps be willing to pay $100+ for your grandfathered account over on Reddit if you decide to move on.

As much as I hate DTV and ATT, this is wrong.
trueaggie2782
AG
Just got cbs sports network in Houston.
Pman17
AG
trueaggie2782 said:

Just got cbs sports network in Houston.

Yea, me too!
agdaddy04
AG
It appears the reverse mirrors get messed up on college football?
tmaggie50
AG
I hate my DIRECTV now. Buffers all the time and I've had to uninstall and reinstall the app more than a handful of times because it quits working. Just stops loading all interface and stalls out.
trueaggie2782
AG
Which device are you using? I haven't had any issues with firetv.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.