DirecTV Now

164,008 Views | 1288 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Nobody Knows My Name
ktownag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Got an email tonight saying that CBS is coming soon!
Bregxit
AG
ktownag08 said:

Got an email tonight saying that CBS is coming soon!

It also says we can now use our logins for various apps like History but that doesn't seems to be true at the moment.
Silvertaps
AG
Are we not able to watch sports events on any of the networks (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX)?
agdaddy04
AG
Why would you say that??
Silvertaps
AG
I tried watching the HOF game and it was blocked. Seems several people have had to rely on HD antennas to watch live sports events.
agdaddy04
AG
Are you talking about through the DTVN app or the network app?
A1_Ag_95
AG
Silvertaps said:

I tried watching the HOF game and it was blocked. Seems several people have had to rely on HD antennas to watch live sports events.

I believe all streaming NFL games are only through Verizon as they have that contract with the NFL. Not sure how this will impact the DTV app as they are just now getting these channels added.
Silvertaps
AG
I'm talking about DTV Now app.
I'm hoping it's only effecting NFL games and not college. I'm already shopping around for an HDTV antemna.
texag06ish
AG
Silvertaps said:

I'm talking about DTV Now app.
I'm hoping it's only effecting NFL games and not college. I'm already shopping around for an HDTV antemna.

Why would you upset me so early in the morning?
texag06ish
AG
Silvertaps said:

https://help.directvnow.com/hc/en-us/articles/218212443-Can-I-watch-NFL-games-on-DIRECTV-NOW-

FYI - do you stream from your phone?

hph6203
AG
This is why the HOF game wasn't broadcast:

What about NBC's Thursday and Sunday Night football games?

You can stream Sunday night NFL games in select local NBC markets on a tablet or computer. For technical reasons, we are not currently able to stream NBC games on other devices.
tamusc
AG
hph6203 said:

This is why the HOF game wasn't broadcast:

What about NBC's Thursday and Sunday Night football games?

You can stream Sunday night NFL games in select local NBC markets on a tablet or computer. For technical reasons, we are not currently able to stream NBC games on other devices.
Huh? I streamed several Sunday night games on ym Apple TV last year using the tvOS NBC Sports app.
hph6203
AG
Streaming agreements change constantly and I wasn't able to watch the Cowboys game on my Apple TV last week.
aTm2004
AG
Just grab a HD antenna off of Amazon for like $35 and get all of the locals. If you had satellite, pull it off and the antenna mounts to the pole. The coax is already ran as well. No blackouts for network sports.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
Any recommendations for a powerful antenna in a wooded area with many obstructions? Would a cheap one off Amazon work?
tamusc
AG
hph6203 said:

Streaming agreements change constantly and I wasn't able to watch the Cowboys game on my Apple TV last week.

Ahh well that stinks.
Silvertaps
AG
texag06ish said:

Silvertaps said:

https://help.directvnow.com/hc/en-us/articles/218212443-Can-I-watch-NFL-games-on-DIRECTV-NOW-

FYI - do you stream from your phone?

I don't, at least not yet. I was trying to stream the HOF game on DTV Now over a amazon firestick. It said something about unable to stream onto phone...or something like that.
Silvertaps
AG
aTm2004 said:

Just grab a HD antenna off of Amazon for like $35 and get all of the locals. If you had satellite, pull it off and the antenna mounts to the pole. The coax is already ran as well. No blackouts for network sports.

Any recommended HD antennas?
aTm2004
AG
I ordered this one this week. I haven't put it up yet to see how it works, but the reviews were good. You'll need to find out where the stations are broadcasting from, which will tell you the direction to point it, which you can find here.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZI9LRSW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I would also get a VHF/UHF antenna.
Silvertaps
AG
I just moved into a house in Celina (quite a bit north of Dallas), so it's been recommended to me to get a longer range antenna...probably a 75 mile or so.
Also one that can be put in an attic space.
aTm2004
AG
Does your house have a radiant barrier? If so, that will hurt the reception of the antenna if it's in the attic.
Silvertaps
AG
It does...would a longer range antenna fix that problem?
aTm2004
AG
Not sure. You'll have to read up on it. I'm about 35 miles from the towers here in Houston, and some of my wife and I's friends couldn't get great reception in the attic, but when they put it outside, there weren't any problems.
gougler08
AG
Mine is just sitting on top of a tall bookshelf and it works great. Towers are 20 ish miles away
Pman17
AG
https://www.macrumors.com/2017/08/16/att-directv-now-free-apple-tv/

Apple TV deal back
texag06ish
AG
Has anyone ready anything about plans for Directv Now to start streaming in 5.1?
rynning
AG
Pman17 said:

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/08/16/att-directv-now-free-apple-tv/

Apple TV deal back
Probably got cheap a supply from Apple since Apple's expected to release a 4K Apple TV next month.
AggieFrog
AG
NFL Network coming soon!

http://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/directv-now-reportedly-adding-redzone-nfl-network-sunday-ticket-unlikely.html
agdaddy04
AG
Did you read the chat screen that they're basing that article on? Reminds me of chat sessions that I've been on trying to talk with Xfinity before. Not sure I put much weight in it.
Pman17
AG
good! cause I missed the Cowboys Game today
stridulent
AG
I see there are issues with some NFL games. Will we be able to watch all college games using this service?
bdenby
AG
Looking for some help or advice. Went to DirecTv Now from DirecTv about 2 months ago. Overall very satisfied; my wife has even come around on it. Per AT&T, the fastest internet I can get in North Dallas is 50mbps, and that's what I have throughout the house wifi. My FireTV is hardwired running about 50mbps as well. But DirecTv Now continually buffers. I almost never see this with other apps running on my Fire TV. This continues to happen when my kids are in bed and not streaming Frozen and MineCraft videos. Anyone else experienced this issue? Is 50mbps not enough pipe? Any thoughts are appreciated.
Bregxit
AG
bdenby said:

Looking for some help or advice. Went to DirecTv Now from DirecTv about 2 months ago. Overall very satisfied; my wife has even come around on it. Per AT&T, the fastest internet I can get in North Dallas is 50mbps, and that's what I have throughout the house wifi. My FireTV is hardwired running about 50mbps as well. But DirecTv Now continually buffers. I almost never see this with other apps running on my Fire TV. This continues to happen when my kids are in bed and not streaming Frozen and MineCraft videos. Anyone else experienced this issue? Is 50mbps not enough pipe? Any thoughts are appreciated.

I have the same AT&T internet (formerly UVerse internet) in The Woodlands and I have no stuttering or buffering issues with it on my FireTVs over wifi. I did have buffering issues in general when streaming on FireTV a while back but I set them to Highest priority in my router QoS and have had no issues since.
Charpie
AG
I agree. It sucks with fire tv. Works great for Apple TV
Silvertaps
AG
I live in Celina, have AT&T 50mbps, and use a fire stick as well. I also get a lot of buffering and I don't think it's necessarily having to do with speed. I've read a few negative reviews of people having issues using a DTV Now on fire sticks, so I'm considering giving Roku or Apple TV a shot.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.