DirecTV Now

163,997 Views | 1288 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Nobody Knows My Name
klsmith89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CBS channel now available in Houston area
Forum Troll
AG
klsmith89 said:

Finally. Still waiting for AT&T sports net (AT&T owns directv afaik) and NBC.
flakrat
AG
Where is the darn DVR already!
Pman17
AG
klsmith89 said:

Hallelujah!

Now all we need is freakin NBC!
Pman17
AG
flakrat said:

Where is the darn DVR already!
I know! Buying a refurbished Apple TV 4K when they roll out the new stuff.
flakrat
AG
I'm in NE Tennessee, we aren't ever getting locals.

Bonus, they all come in nicely OTA and my TiVo OTA is the bombdiggity
Brick Tamland
I did the free Apple TV deal, anyone know how long it takes to come in?
dummble
AG
We got in on the DVR Beta. We have had this service for so long that it has changed our viewing habits and I don't remember what I used to record. To tell you the truth, we rarely watch the app. The kids log into the disney app or netflix and we do the same for HBO

gone are the days of mindlessly scrolling through channels
Forum Troll
AG
NBC local affiliate finally added this last week in Houston. We've got all 4 major locals now. Just need ATT Sports Net for Rockets and Astros now and then it'll be golden.
Raptor
AG
Brick Tamland said:

We got ours within two weeks, if not even sooner.
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

flakrat
AG
Raptor said:

Brick Tamland said:

We got ours within two weeks, if not even sooner.

I believe the same for us, although that was the December 2016 / January 2017 offer.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Brick Tamland said:

Ordered last Saturday. Got it on Thursday.
Brick Tamland
Mine ended up coming that Friday. Really like the service, just the local channels seem to mess up. When that happens I just use that channel's app and everything is fine.
ktownag08
AG
We've been in since the beginning where you get the "Go Big" package for $35/month, and it's only gotten better. All 4 locals now and wrapping up a year of free HBO as well. Even after, HBO is only $5/month should we choose it (when Game of Thrones comes back).

Agree that once ATT Sportsnet is added for Astros/Rockets, it'll be perfect.
Nobody Knows My Name
AG
ktownag08 said:

We've been in since the beginning where you get the "Go Big" package for $35/month, and it's only gotten better. All 4 locals now and wrapping up a year of free HBO as well. Even after, HBO is only $5/month should we choose it (when Game of Thrones comes back).

Agree that once ATT Sportsnet is added for Astros/Rockets, it'll be perfect.

Add cloud DVR and its the perfect choice. I'm also "grandfathered" in to the Go Big package.
ktownag08
AG
Forgot about the DVR, although as another poster said, it's less important than it used to be given that nearly everything is available "On Demand".

Still will be a nice to have just in case but don't see us using it much.
dave99ag
AG
My toddler son would probably slit my throat in the middle of the night if I let the HBO subscription expire and Elmo went away. I'll be paying that extra $5 for my own safety!
boy09
AG
ktownag08 said:

Forgot about the DVR, although as another poster said, it's less important than it used to be given that nearly everything is available "On Demand".

Still will be a nice to have just in case but don't see us using it much.

I've had access to the DVR beta for about 2 months now and I haven't recorded a single thing...
TxAggieBand85
AG
Quote:

Just need ATT Sports Net for Rockets and Astros now and then it'll be golden.

Anyone know the time or status for ATT Sports Net?
Forum Troll
AG
TxAggieBand85 said:

Quote:

Just need ATT Sports Net for Rockets and Astros now and then it'll be golden.

Anyone know the time or status for ATT Sports Net?

I haven't heard anything amd i usually do some googling to check every month or 2. AT&T owns directv so you'd think anytime now they could do it but who knows.
goose91
AG
Is anyone else getting a message - "The owner of this program doesn't allow it to be streamed to your location" when trying to play shows from the dvr?

I am getting it for most, but not all, of the shows I record. Started a few weeks ago.

Thanks,
Chris '91
BCG Disciple
AG
There was a great comparison website posted on here before to show all channels for each streaming service. It was in a chart and showed the various package for each streaming service as well. Anyone recall the site? Too much work to compare services at this point.
JDUB08AG
AG
Has anybody gone over monthly data caps? Also what internet speed did you have? I want to make the switch but this part concerns me.
dave99ag
AG
I have unlimited through Suddenlink, but data caps could be a concern if you watch a lot of TV.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
The datacaps are why I didn't get in on it in the first place. We're actually still under contract for another year or so with DirecTV. I just signed up to get the cheaper AppleTV and will likely cancel. That said, I think it would take a lot of tv watching to get over the limit. We've hit our limit without it before but we have three kids full time that are gaming and streaming quite a bit. When they're not in school is when we get hit pretty hard. If you don't have kids doing a lot of stuff on the internet though, you'd probably be alright. I don't think we'd ever even come close if it weren't for the kids.
nwspmp
We went streaming only with DTVNow, Hulu and Netflix + PlayOn

My wife is stay at home, and I watch a good bit of TV. We don't do much else besides basic Facebook/Twitter/web usage, so no gaming or other large downloads.

We average anywhere between 400 and 650 GB/month of data use, with a low of 332GB and a high of 747GB. We have the 400mbit Suddenlink Internet with no data cap.
flakrat
AG
I hope DTV Now's Interface and steaming quality improves once they release the DVR this spring. For me, 90% of my usage of my DTV Now has been to use the various networks dedicated apps.

That works, but seems like a huge fail for DTV in my opinion. I'm amazed they are now a year plus without a significant update to their app. Hopefully they speed up feature releases in the future.
agdaddy04
AG
Don't think I received a notification but we have NBC in Houston now.
Pman17
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Don't think I received a notification but we have NBC in Houston now.
YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!! FINALLY!
agdaddy04
AG
Yea who knows how long it's been on there. Since I strictly use the favorites, I don't know when new channels are added unless a notification comes in. Was adding true tv and one other for the NCAA games and noticed it. That was one final piece we were looking for. It'd be nice to have the DVR but we've gone a year without now, and don't really miss it.
Al Bula
AG
Really really need directvnow to add att sports net. I'd cut out xfinity cable in a heartbeat.
klsmith89
AG
The strange thing about NBC is that I now have it on the regular DTVN (never received a notification), but do not have it on the DVR beta..
trueaggie2782
AG
klsmith89 said:

The strange thing about NBC is that I now have it on the regular DTVN (never received a notification), but do not have it on the DVR beta..

I believe the beta account is based somewhere in/near Dallas.
Pman17
AG
It would have to have been added this week or last because it wasn't available during the Olympics.
Pman17
AG
Yea, not everything is on the Beta. Which is probably why it's taking them so long to release the update because they have to renew contracts with networks to allow DVR of their content.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.