DirecTV Now

164,066 Views | 1288 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Nobody Knows My Name
tamusc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You can either get that with rabbit ears or they usually stream the SEC games for free through the CBS Sports app.
gougler08
AG
HD antenna works great
A1_Ag_95
AG
tamusc said:

You can either get that with rabbit ears or they usually stream the SEC games for free through the CBS Sports app.

Need any other subscription outside of DTVNow?
AGSmith
AG
Until DTVNow gets CBS and DVR, I'm out after my 3 month prepay expires next month
tamusc
AG
Pretty sure you don't have to use any kind of login for the SEC Game of the Week using the CBS Sports app.
Pman17
AG
Posted this on the Verizon Unlimited thread but wanted to share on this thread.

I still go off my parents AT&T bill and I pay them, but did the math and looked at their combined bills. I was like, crap, they're spending way too much! So I sat down and did the math. They were spending $313 on the wireless bill. Which is high as expected because we're financing 3 iPhones with insurance and 130GB share plan. Then they were spending around $90 for 45 Mbps of Uverse Internet. $60 on the Digital Life Security system. Then $190 on the directv bill. This is with all the movie channels $53. Totaled around $660 to AT&T per month.

So I did the calculations, we went to AT&T and they went with my plan. We dropped DirecTV for a $140 termination fee since our contract is up in October. Subscribed to DirecTV Now with all of the movie channels, $88 a month vs $190, without CBS and the 2 stream limitation and no DVR. Then upgraded the internet to 1000mbps Fiber for $80 on a 12 mo contract which goes up $40 after contract. Then upgraded to Unlimited which in their calculation is around $310 a month with all the fees and financing we've got going on. That unlimited will credit is $25 off the DirecTV Now bill in a few months. So I pretty much saved them $100 a month with everything upgraded to the future and cutting the cord. They also prepaid for the directv Now and got an Apple TV which is now their living room set top box. They have fire sticks for the other rooms. They also bought a Google Wifi system and I got the NetGear NightHawk which I think I paid for when I was living with them.
With me and my sister paying our part of the Wireless. They now pay around $400 a month to AT&T.
Whoop04
Is the HBO option through DIRECTV now just live streaming or does it include HBOGO or HBO NOW?
Charpie
AG
Yes. Includes HBO GO
Pman17
AG
Whoop04 said:

Is the HBO option through DIRECTV now just live streaming or does it include HBOGO or HBO NOW?

You only get three HBO live channels but you get HBO Go as well. Really good deal since it's $5. HBO Now is like $15 and for other cable companies an extra $15.

AT&T just gave those who stuck with DirecTV Now free HBO for a year.
Pman17
AG
If you have AT&T Unlimited Plus, HBO is now free.

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/04/05/att-unlimited-free-hbo-subscription/
GT_Aggie2015
AG
So we currently have the AT&T Unlimited Plus plan and the "Just Right" package without HBO. If I am reading the article right, I should be able to add HBO for no cost soon?
BCG Disciple
AG
AGSmith said:

Until DTVNow gets CBS and DVR, I'm out after my 3 month prepay expires next month

I did the same. I use psvue. Cloud dvr is a great substitute. Also, vue has deals in place with all of the apps in your subscription, which directvnow never had in the 3 months I had it. No cbs is an inconvenience though.
Al Bula
AG
The service is OK, but I've gotta have my Astros baseball. It is insane Root Sports, an AT&T property, is not part of the deal yet. I'd even pay ten more bucks a month for it.
khkman22
AG
Does PS Vue have CBS local? My area is Houston and it only shows NBC and ABC. Still under contract with Dish for another year, but I need to keep up with all the online services in case I want to switch next year when my contract is up.
TexasAggie008
AG
If you live in a city, get rabbit ears on amazon for $30-40....problem solved. If this is a "deal breaker" for some of you (not having CBS or ABC on the actual service), you're missing out imo.

Even the DVR thing is a little over blown....log into the AMC or FX ap (or whatever), and watch the show the next day. Like, for Americans and Walking Dead thats what I do and besides having to sit through a few commercials it really isn't a major deal.
gougler08
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

If you live in a city, get rabbit ears on amazon for $30-40....problem solved. If this is a "deal breaker" for some of you (not having CBS or ABC on the actual service), you're missing out imo.

Even the DVR thing is a little over blown....log into the AMC or FX ap (or whatever), and watch the show the next day. Like, for Americans and Walking Dead thats what I do and besides having to sit through a few commercials it really isn't a major deal.
This, almost all the shows I like are on demand so I just watch them the following day...easy
WGann3
AG
I logged into Fox Sports Go last night with my DirecTV Now account so I guess they ninja'd that access in over the past few weeks. I think it's safe to say DirecTV Now provides me everything I could possibly need other than direct access to CBS. An HD Antenna isn't that big of a whip fortunately.
Pman17
AG
YouTube TV is out but only works in select cities.
https://www.macrumors.com/2017/04/05/youtube-tv-streaming-tv-service-launches/
khkman22
AG
TexasAggie008 said:

I'm about 65-75 miles from the Houston towers. College Station will actually probably be easier to get, but still not guaranteed.
TX_AG_10
AG
I live on the south side of Conroe and pick up KBTX better than KHOU, fwiw.
WoMD
TexasAggie008 said:

Does the Directv Now login work with those apps?
TexasAggie008
AG
Many of them, yes
WoMD
TexasAggie008 said:

Many of them, yes

I just checked. FX yes, AMC no.
BCG Disciple
AG
WoMD said:

TexasAggie008 said:

Many of them, yes

I just checked. FX yes, AMC no.

This is better than it was during my three month trial. They had no agreements on standalone apps. To me that would have been a workable dvr replacement. Dumb to go to market like they did.
TexasAggie008
AG
I think they're slowly moving to having as many as a normal cable co

Even dish and regular dtv don't have agreements with all of these
khkman22
AG
Lucky me in that I am on a fixed wireless home internet package. They just raised the capped speed from 4 Mbps to 8 Mbps, for the wonderful price of $80/mo. What could I realistically stream with that speed? Two HD streams? If I want to bump up to 10 Mbps, I have to go to the second level of the business package, which is $130, but also doubles the upload speed from 1 Mbps to 2 or 2.5 Mbps, so that's not worth it.

I'm hoping the cell phone companies fixed wireless solutions provide a little competition when (if) they start rolling out in a few years.
aezmvp
Just wished that DirectTV Now worked better on my Fire Stick. I feel like I have to reload the app to change channels.
Forum Troll
AG
khkman22 said:

Lucky me in that I am on a fixed wireless home internet package. They just raised the capped speed from 4 Mbps to 8 Mbps, for the wonderful price of $80/mo. What could I realistically stream with that speed? Two HD streams? If I want to bump up to 10 Mbps, I have to go to the second level of the business package, which is $130, but also doubles the upload speed from 1 Mbps to 2 or 2.5 Mbps, so that's not worth it.

I'm hoping the cell phone companies fixed wireless solutions provide a little competition when (if) they start rolling out in a few years.
Where do you live and what ISP? I'm guessing you have only one option because these are terrible speeds for the price. Just awful.
agdaddy04
AG
When were your 3 months over? They've had most of the apps since December. They have signed some new ones up recently though.
khkman22
AG
Forum Troll said:

khkman22 said:

Where do you live and what ISP? I'm guessing you have only one option because these are terrible speeds for the price. Just awful.
Correct, I can't even get AT&T DSL and they are no longer expanding UVerse, so rural people are SOL. I have no access to any type of fiber currently. The ISP purchases from Suddenlink and resells it. The bright spot is I don't have any data caps.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
Just got the email yesterday confirming I now have access to HBO for free with my Unlimited Plus plan.
nwspmp
gougler08 said:

TexasAggie008 said:

This, almost all the shows I like are on demand so I just watch them the following day...easy
For what it's worth, PlayOn TV just added a DirecTV Now channel, allowing for "DVR" like service on that platform and it works with the HBO included.

I just upgraded mine and found the shows to record and told it to subscribe. Now it checks the on demand streams daily and auto records the show, which is auto dumped into my Plex system.

As an added bonus, it allows the live channels on the dtvnow to stream to my Roku devices as well, on the local network, via Roku media player and the UPnP inthe Playon software.

Not for live event auto recording, but good on the show time shifting, especially since i don't always have time to watch before they leave streaming availability.
goose91
AG
More Apps - including Fox Sports Go

https://help.directvnow.com/hc/en-us/articles/215395423

Use your DIRECTV NOW account to access network sites and mobile apps

DIRECTV NOW subscribers can use their account username and password to access the following network websites and their respective mobile apps:

ABC
BTN2GO (Big Ten Network)
BET
Bravo Now
CMT
CNBC
CSN BayArea
CSN California
CSN Chicago
CSN Mid-Atlantic
CSN New England
Comedy Central
Disney
Disney Jr.
Disney XD
E! Now
ESPN (WatchESPN)
FOX Now
FOX Sports Go
Freeform
FX Now
HBO GO (Requires subscription to HBO)
LOGO
MAX GO (Requires subscription to Cinemax)
MSNBC Now
MTV
NatGeo
NBC
NBC Golf
NBC Universo Now
NBC Sports
Nick
Nick Jr.
Oxygen Now
Spike
Sprout Now
Syfy Now
Telemundo Now
TV Land
USA NOW
VH1

txag2k
AG
goose91 said:

More Apps - including Fox Sports Go

https://help.directvnow.com/hc/en-us/articles/215395423

Use your DIRECTV NOW account to access network sites and mobile apps

DIRECTV NOW subscribers can use their account username and password to access the following network websites and their respective mobile apps:

ABC
BTN2GO (Big Ten Network)
BET
Bravo Now
CMT
CNBC
CSN BayArea
CSN California
CSN Chicago
CSN Mid-Atlantic
CSN New England
Comedy Central
Disney
Disney Jr.
Disney XD
E! Now
ESPN (WatchESPN)
FOX Now
FOX Sports Go
Freeform
FX Now
HBO GO (Requires subscription to HBO)
LOGO
MAX GO (Requires subscription to Cinemax)
MSNBC Now
MTV
NatGeo
NBC
NBC Golf
NBC Universo Now
NBC Sports
Nick
Nick Jr.
Oxygen Now
Spike
Sprout Now
Syfy Now
Telemundo Now
TV Land
USA NOW
VH1
if I am logged into one of the apps above, does that count as one of my two concurrent streams?
tamusc
AG
I know it does for ESPN and I would assume the others would as well.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.