DirecTV Now

164,097 Views | 1288 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Nobody Knows My Name
Turf-Ag02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mine did the same thing.
gougler08
AG
jaggiemaggie said:

Had to DVR the game tonight.... kept reseting to beginning... total POS

Just watch the replay on the watch Espn app
Charpie
AG
watched via the ESPN app until I realized that it was significantly behind direct tv now.
Nobody Knows My Name
AG
Mine recorded fine with the exception of some audio issues throughout. Not sure if it was the broadcast or recording though.
texag06ish
AG
I am about 95% sure we are making the switch to YouTube TV. Much more user friendly.
WoMD
jaggiemaggie said:

Had to DVR the game tonight.... kept reseting to beginning... total POS

Its funny, mine kept jumping to the end.

DVR still useless. But why didn't you watch through the espn app? It is available to stream after the game ends, assuming you didn't start watching while it was still going. That's what I did last year when I worked Saturdays and didn't have DVR on DIRECTV now (which I arguably still don't).
Cloud
texag06ish said:

I am about 95% sure we are making the switch to YouTube TV. Much more user friendly.

We did this and haven't looked back. VERY pleased with their service. Can't really think of something I don't like about YouTube TV. It does all things very well.
gougler08
AG
Cloud said:

texag06ish said:

We did this and haven't looked back. VERY pleased with their service. Can't really think of something I don't like about YouTube TV. It does all things very well.

Only reason I haven't switched is because I have the $35/mo price still grandfathered in...what's the pricing points for YouTube TV?
agdaddy04
AG
You sure about that price? All the rest of us are at $40 now.
gougler08
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Ah you're right, hadn't checked my bill in a few months clearly

Well I may be looking around this week then as you all have mentioned, the service isn't that great
WoMD
gougler08 said:

agdaddy04 said:

Well I may be looking around this week then as you all have mentioned, the service isn't that great

So the question comes down to, even at $40 does any other service offer the same channel lineup (grandfathered in at the highest package without premium channels) for a similar price point? For that scenario it seems that DTN is the best bang for buck. Thats the primary reason im sticking with it, unless other options exist that have all channels for around $40...
gougler08
AG
WoMD said:

gougler08 said:

agdaddy04 said:

So the question comes down to, even at $40 does any other service offer the same channel lineup (grandfathered in at the highest package without premium channels) for a similar price point? For that scenario it seems that DTN is the best bang for buck. Thats the primary reason im sticking with it, unless other options exist that have all channels for around $40...

I glanced around today and didn't see anything, especially when you factor in hbo is $5/month or free if you have a qualifying AT&T plan
texag06ish
AG
YouTube TV is $40. A lot less channels but it seems to work a lot better.

Also, before I cancelled I chat with AT&T and they confirmed that the log in with HBO go should continue to work after my subscription is over.
jaggiemaggie
AG
Honesty. Didn't even think about using the ESPN app. I don't really watch a lot of TV anymore due to work and kids. The one other times we had used the DVR option this summer, it worked just fine so I figured the kinks were straightened by now, I guess I was wrong. Oh well, still on the 35/month grandfathered plan so can't complain too much.
AgsWin2011
AG
Can you pause AND rewind live tv with YouTube TV? The only reason I haven't switched is because DTV Now offers so many more channels.
texag06ish
AG
Heismenberg said:

Can you pause AND rewind live tv with YouTube TV? The only reason I haven't switched is because DTV Now offers so many more channels.

Yes you can.
agdaddy04
AG
It looks like the reverse mirrors for the CFB games don't work? Guess in those cases you have to use ESPN app?
The Collective
AG
So, I just noticed that all of my locals are now Houston stations. I am in DFW and confirmed on Directv's website that I should be getting Dallas stations. I talked with customer service last night, and they opened a ticket. I guess I am now in the blackhole that is Directv customer service. Any experienced this issue? I don't watch local TV that often, but I do like catching the local news from time to time.

edit: Online elsewhere I found they are using geolocation, so I'm betting that is causing all kinds of issues. I wonder if it violates FCC regs to have people receiving incorrect programming for their area.
agdaddy04
AG
The nfl won't like it.
texag06ish
AG
texag06ish said:

Heismenberg said:

Yes you can.

So after a month of YouTube TV we are very glad we made the change. The interface is so much better and the DVR experience is very close to cable.
agdaddy04
AG
Keeps on freezing but audio still heard. Change channel and come back and it's fine. Been doing this since last update. Very frustrating.
jaggiemaggie
AG
With all the issues, is the grandfathered plan even worth clinging on to anymore ?
Bregxit
AG
Mine has been fine. Haven't used the DVR in a while but otherwise it has been good.
dave99ag
AG
I'm sticking with it and the grandfathered plan until another provider (YouTube TV??) offers all the channels I want. Right now, no one does for the price of the grandfathered plan. Plus, I never use the DTV app and stick to the native apps (ESPN, History, etc).
jaggiemaggie
AG
What do you do for the local channels ?
dave99ag
AG
I do use the DTV Now app for locals in B/CS (CBS, NBC, and Fox). We don't watch a lot of TV outside of sports, so network programming really isn't an issue for our family. I'm fairly certain we could survive if we had the ESPNs for Aggie Sports and Disney for the kids.
AgsWin2011
AG
Geez DTV Now has been sucking major balls lately.

So many issues with DVR recording nature series including reruns even though I specifically request new episodes only. And only 20 hours of storage is pure garbage.

Video feed has been freezing while the sound keeps going.

I don't want to give up all the channels (at least my wife doesn't) for YouTube TV, but from what I've heard YTV is far superior.
goose91
AG
Directv Now sucks today. Channels won't load or they freeze up. Astros game is about to start and no way to watch. DTVN users dont have access to watch the TBS app. Not happy at all right now.
AgsWin2011
AG
Ah yes forgot to mention that pretty much the entire DTV Now server is down.

About to pull the plug on them.
Bregxit
AG
goose91 said:

Directv Now sucks today. Channels won't load or they freeze up. Astros game is about to start and no way to watch. DTVN users dont have access to watch the TBS app. Not happy at all right now.

Right there with you at the moment. TBS came on for about 30 seconds, now it is just spinning.
Charpie
AG
looking to jump to something else now. Think its gonna be either hulu or youtube
klsmith89
AG
What is the most comparable/best option out there? I've heard good things on YouTube tv.

Can't watch the game either. I'm pissed.
Bregxit
AG
What is infuriating is it is managing to loop an Uber and Target commercial over and over. W. T. F. How can it stream me commercials but no actual content?!?!?
texag06ish
AG
YouTube TV has been great for sports watching. On the other hand, it's missing a lot of channels my wife likes.
Forum Troll
AG
I've tried all of them over the last 2 years except Hulu.

Went from Sling, to PS vue, to DirecTV Now, to YouTubeTV.

YoutubeTV is easily the best imo. Never a signal problem with any channels. Linked to google account so easy log in on any device.

I missed Altuve's HR in game 5 WS last year due to DirecTV NOW cutting out. Then a few months later they had a nationwide outage during primetime hours for like 3 or 4 hours one night and I signed up for youtubeTV then.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.