DirecTV Now

164,028 Views | 1288 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Nobody Knows My Name
Snoopy03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Houston CBS was added to the beta lineup around two weeks after it was on the regular app.
dave99ag
AG
I wish I could "move" to Houston from CS like I could with traditional DirecTV. It's tied to the address on your card.
JDUB08AG
AG
Officially made the switch this week. Took advantage of the Apple TV promotion and got another with united miles. So far I'm very pleased and didn't take too long getting used to the quirks. Picture quality is excellent!

Patiently waiting for ATT sports net, but I know that may be a while. Outside of that, directv now is about everything I could ask for while saving $100/month.
goose91
AG
DIRECTV NOW Removes DVR Details From Their Website

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/directv-now-removes-dvr-details-from-their-website/
flakrat
AG
goose91 said:

DIRECTV NOW Removes DVR Details From Their Website

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/directv-now-removes-dvr-details-from-their-website/
I hope that doesn't signify a delay in their expected Spring 2018 release.
bbattbq01
AG
The betas had been coming fast and furious the last couple weeks but seems like have had the same version for a few days now. Hopefully that's a good sign for public release!

flakrat
AG
Can't wait, the guide right now is the sux!
AggieDruggist89
AG
It was time to call them to get my service fee lowered. It was up to $113 per month.

A rep from another country tried 20 minutes to convince me to convert to AT&T Cell service. I told her we have 6 lines with T-mobile at $160 and we own all the phones. She tried so hard... got it down to $220 for 5 lines. But wasted my time and hers.

She then transferred me to Kylie.. an American who spent 2 minutes getting my DirecTV rate down to $68 per month for 12 months.
agdaddy04
AG
How is that related to DTVNow?
TV Casualty
AG
dave99ag said:

I wish I could "move" to Houston from CS like I could with traditional DirecTV. It's tied to the address on your card.

I may not be understanding your situation, but wouldn't moving with traditional direct tv be more difficult? You have the actual dish that you have to install at the new place.

You just update your credit card info when you move and direct tv now will change to reflect your new location.
dave99ag
AG
Back when I had DirecTV, the issue was not having all the local networks in CS. You could change your service address to Houston, but keep your billing address, ie. "moving." Then you'd have Houston locals, which were much better than BCS / Waco locals.

The issue with DirecTV Now is that it's based solely on your billing address, which is CS in my case. I'd have to setup an account with a Houston address to get the Houston locals over DirecTV Now. I do have an address in Houston, but don't want to change my banking account to be sent there. Right now I get no locals with a CS address. The only way is with rabbit ears.
aTm2004
AG
agdaddy04 said:

How is that related to DTVNow?

It's related because DTV is losing a lot of people to streaming services. I was a DTV customer for almost 10 years who just grew tired of watching my bill slowly creep back up to above $100/mo for the same thing I'm getting right now for <$50, then having to call and negotiate a lower price.
TV Casualty
AG
Oh ok, I thought maybe it was something like that. I wish I had the option to pick a local area to get those channels as well.

I'm currently living out of Texas in a medium sized town so I don't get the local channels here. I do get the regional sports networks, but it would be cool to get the sports networks in Texas instead.

Thankfully all A&M games are on ESPN now instead of fox sports regional affiliates.
Gus
AG
any news on AT&tT sports?
Forum Troll
AG
Gus said:

any news on AT&tT sports?
Haven't seen anything.

T-Mobile customers can sign up for a free season of MLB.TV. I am probably going to try ExpressVPN and use it for my Roku and the MLB app to watch Astros.
TxAggieBand85
AG
Dropped support for Firestick 1st Gen.

Cord Cutter News - Firestick 1st Gen

Cord Cutter News - Fire TV 1st Gen
CoolaidWade
AG
And dropped support for the Fire TV (first edition) That's what I use. So I won't be able to view access DirecTV now on it? I have been using Hulu with Live TV but was thinking of switching.

That sucks... The first FireTV is great and I don't see any reason to upgrade just because I don't get DirecTV.
crowman2010
AG
I'm really getting tired of waiting on AT&T Sports to get added to the channels...or even have it as a separate +$5/month option...
klsmith89
AG
Anyone else find it really annoying that, when you view recorded shows, there is no scroll window? You have to guess how far to rewind/fast forward. Also, it cuts shows off at the exact 30 min mark/1 hr mark/ etc. So you can never see the "scenes from the next episode" portion.
rhoswen
AG
I'm curious about commercials. I know "On Demand" doesn't usually, but lately some channels have them and you can't fast forward through them. When watching CBS/NBC/History/Discovery, are there commercials and can you fast forward through them?
WoMD
My recorded items don't start recording until 15 minutes into the show. Anyone else having the first 15 minutes cut off or is that just me? On the beta, of course.
bdenby
AG
This. AT&T Sports now. I don't care what it costs.
Objective Aggie
AG
so I guess I was rather late for $25 discount.
But the $15 discount I get now with AT&T Unlimited - - is that lifetime (or at least until AT&T cancels it as it says subject to change) or is it capped at 12 months?

$15 a month is still pretty good.
howdydamnit04
AG
Att sports are probably one of the few draws to DTv anymore in urban parts of Texas. I doubt they want to make it easier to stop massively overcharging people for DTv.

Which is annoying as crap because I was trying to watch the Astros with out having to use the terrible terrible terrible MLB At Bat app with a family members log in.
Objective Aggie
AG
What is AT&T sports?
/ducks
k20dub
AG
The channel where Houston fans watch the Rockets and Astros.
trueaggie2782
AG
Is direct now unwatchable for anyone else right now?
WoMD
trueaggie2782 said:

Is direct now unwatchable for anyone else right now?

Nope. Working perfect.

They're doing some work on the beta though, if that's what you're using.
Pman17
AG
DVR Coming Today!

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/technology/2018/05/15/att-launchescloud-dvr-new-version-streaming-service-directv-now
trueaggie2782
AG
Only to a few devices though. The rest to arrive in the next few weeks.
Pman17
AG
Update is live for Apple Devices and the website has been live.

Fire TV coming later.

There's a new bookmark system so you have to redo all of your saved shows.

You can now stream local channels anywhere so they wont go away when you're in a different city.

You can add a third stream for an extra $5/mo

Guide finally allows you to filter by Sports, TV Shows, Movies, and Kids. It'll be so much easier to find where the football games are showing.

The Collective
AG
When is the update live for Roku?
goose91
AG
I hope the version they are rolling out today is better than the 'beta' version i've been using for the last few months.

• App constantly crashing during launch and while watching. I have had to exit and relaunch the app multiple times on occasion.
  • DVR hit/miss when recording series. Records one week but not the next.
  • Couldn't watch anything recorded from any of the network channels (ABC/FOX). I could watch the channels live but anything recorded would not playback. It would give me the message "The owner of this program doesn't allow it to be streamed to your location"
  • Sports channels (ESPN/Fox Sports/NBC Sports) routinely freeze/reload/freeze/ etc. I usually end up watching sporting events through each channels app since it would be unwatchable on Directv Now.

As I am using Fire TV devices it will be a few weeks before it officially rolls out to me. Those of you with Apple devices will need to let us know how it goes.

Chris '91
bbattbq01
AG
I don't use the app a ton but I haven't had issues on the lastest beta builds on iOS or tvOS. I don't dvr network shows though, do those on my ota tivo.
Bregxit
AG
Guess it isn't really live yet. Way to go DTVNow!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.