DirecTV Now

162,418 Views | 1288 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Nobody Knows My Name
aggielax48
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You can have 6 accounts per membership and 3 simultaneous streams per membership, not per account. I think their terminology is odd. I'd prefer it be 6 profiles under one account, with 3 streams per account.
Thisguy1
Yeah, the guy who talked me into doing it made it seem otherwise. I just asked him and he said "yeah we're all on it, but we're just never on it on the same time." They have 3 or 4 people splitting the $50
PincheDriller
AG
Commercials while playing on demand shows tend to be a little racist. Our DTVNow plays commercials in Spanish even though we have never watched any Spanish programming and the only thing to indicate any Latin/Hispanic roots our last name????

Edit:
I don't think racist is the correct word more like profiled.

nwspmp
PincheDriller said:

Commercials while playing on demand shows tend to be a little racist. Our DTVNow plays commercials in Spanish even though we have never watched any Spanish programming and the only thing to indicate any Latin/Hispanic roots our last name????
I see the same ads here, except my last name is "White" so, I don't think it's racially profiling your name.

Probably more of an artifact of the demographics of the area.
TxAggieBand85
AG
I get ads in French and Spanish sometimes. I figure the French ones were for Quebec.
PincheDriller
AG
Alright was hoping that was the case. Figured demographics but wanted some context or others experience to compare
PincheDriller
AG
Anyone still have their live a little package, that is looking to transfer or part with it?
agracer
AG
agracer said:

Thisguy1 said:

YouTubeTV has the SEC network in their channel lineup
Yes my mistake it's $49.99/mo. Ps Vue however allows 5 streams while YTube TV limits you too 3.

Strongly recommend new users give each service a 1 week free trial and just pick the one that you like best. I just recall thinking the guide on YouTube might have been designed by a 3yr old...
So I decided to go back to PS Vue for upcoming football season and take back what I said about the YouTube guide. The PS Vue guide jumps up/down as you scroll left/right through the channels. So instead of a nice smooth scroll, it jumps to the start time of what ever show is on the channel you scroll too.

So if the time is 7PM and you're on ESPN and the show on ESPN starts at 7PM, the "highlight" showing where you are in the guide will fill in the 7-8PM time slot...but if you scroll to the next channel and that show started at 6:30 PM, the guide will JUMP up to 6:30 PM (even though the current time is 7PM)...so it while you scroll through channels the guide jumps all over the place...it's annoying as hell.

There is also no way to turn off channels in the guide.* You can create a favorites list, but not in the guide. You have to go to each channel, watch the channel, then make about 8 clicks/selections to make it a favorite. This forces that channel to the front of the guide. So if you wanted to put 20 channels as favorites, it would take probably 15-20m to set that up. WTF you can't just go to the guide mark favorites would make to much sense I guess....who designs this stuff...it's like they design it but don't actually use the product they sell and seem to want to make the simplest tasks hard as hell.

* For some reason, there are like 10 ESPN Alt Channels and 4 BTN Alt Channels which usually have zero content so you get to scroll thru nothing until you can set your favorites.... I know, first world problem, old man yells at cloud.
Pman17
AG
$10 PRICE HIKE FOR GRANDFATHERED GO BIG CUSTOMERS.

$60/MO STARTING NOVEMBER FOR GRANDFATHERED GO BIG CUSTOMERS.

CHECK YOUR PAYMENT HISTORY!
WoMD
Pman17 said:

My most recent payment is $50 on October 13. When did yours hit?
TxAggieBand85
AG
Pman17 said:

Mine still states $50 / month for Go Big.
Pman17
AG
It was $50 before taxes I believe Oct 11.
Payment history says I will be billed $75 on Nov 11th.
But I heard AT&T was planning a $10 increase in November and the $25 increase is an error.
The confusing thing is some people got emails about the increase and some didn't. I didn't and it's a requirement to email 30 days out.
Pman17
AG
Pman17 said:

But I heard AT&T was planning a $10 increase in November and the $25 increase is an error.
The confusing thing is some people got emails about the increase and some didn't. I didn't and it's a requirement to email 30 days out.
Checked today, looks like they fixed it. I'm back to $50 for next month.
WoMD
Pman17 said:

Before taxes? Mine has been $50 flat, I'm assuming taxes are built into that.

Would you be able to provide a link or copy of the email for us? That could be helpful...
Yelling things as fact works as well, I suppose.
Raptor
AG
Quote:

Thank you for being an AT&T TV NOW customer. We hope you have been enjoying all the endless entertainment you loveanytime, anywhere, on your favorite devices.

We wanted to let you know that as programming costs continue to rise, the price of your AT&T TV NOW package will be increasing to $60 starting with your 12/1/2019 payment.

As a longtime streamer and early adopter, you'll continue to save $25/mo. on your exclusive Go Big package deal.

Email from today
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

WoMD
Raptor said:

Quote:

Thank you for being an AT&T TV NOW customer. We hope you have been enjoying all the endless entertainment you loveanytime, anywhere, on your favorite devices.

We wanted to let you know that as programming costs continue to rise, the price of your AT&T TV NOW package will be increasing to $60 starting with your 12/1/2019 payment.

As a longtime streamer and early adopter, you'll continue to save $25/mo. on your exclusive Go Big package deal.

Email from today

Wow. How many hikes is that in the last 6 months? 3?
DeLaHonta
AG
In July 2018, I was paying $35/month.

In August 2018, they raised it to $40/month.

In May 2019, they raised it to $50/month.

Now, I'm November 2019, they're raising it to $60/month.

With PS Vue going away, it's only going to get worse. Streaming services are now just as much as cable was. The only benefit we got out of this while experiment was the lack of contracts and the ability to stream from your phone/computer for free.
Bregxit
AG
DeLaHonta said:

In July 2018, I was paying $35/month.

In August 2018, they raised it to $40/month.

In May 2019, they raised it to $50/month.

Now, I'm November 2019, they're raising it to $60/month.

With PS Vue going away, it's only going to get worse. Streaming services are now just as much as cable was. The only benefit we got out of this while experiment was the lack of contracts and the ability to stream from your phone/computer for free.

I am still about half what my UVerse bill was even with this latest hike coming. I do agree though all the benefit to streaming is getting whittled away fairly quickly now.
TxAggieBand85
AG
Canceled DirecTVNow. Was a grandfathered subscriber and a fair evaluation of channels consumed was still best deal, but barely.

Giving YouTube TV a try. Looking very good so far.

Hallmark can be had at Friendly TV to keep the ladies happy.

Cloud
YTTV wipes the floor with it.
txaggie05
AG
TxAggieBand85 said:

Canceled DirecTVNow. Was a grandfathered subscriber and a fair evaluation of channels consumed was still best deal, but barely.

Giving YouTube TV a try. Looking very good so far.

Hallmark can be had at Friendly TV to keep the ladies happy.

Did the same today. Got my price hike e-mail from AT&T and cancelled and signed up for YouTubeTV within 10 minutes.
WGann3
AG
Just got the $60 price hike email from AT&T. Thinking about finally cancelling and moving to Hulu Live or YouTubeTV. I'm a huge sports watcher so it looks like I'm covered by either for that, wife doesn't watch a whole lot of TV mainly a show streamer. We do watch a bunch of HBO, I see an add on for Hulu of $14.99 does YouTubeTV have that same option? Looks like I'm at $44.99 a month for Hulu and $49.99 for YouTube. Seems like I've seen a lot of YouTube promoters here, that the way to go?
mmtexasace
AG
Just got the $60 price hike email from AT&T as well. The only thing that kept me from switching during all these price hikes is the ability to stream from my att phone data free (yes I still worry about data caps because I'm on an old family plan). Given that all I use it for is live sports and the wife for food network I may be looking into alternatives such as hulu tv or youtube tv. Really annoys me that "grandfathered" and "locked in price" means nothing to ATT but how does that not suprise me.
txaggie05
AG
I think $50 was the price where AT&T Now still made sense for most people who got in on the initial offer because the price was in line with other providers, plus you got the extra benefits of cheap HBO and free cellular streaming on AT&T.

Now at $60, the only people who really get more value from AT&T Now than any other provider may be those who either 1)Watch a lot of HBO 2)Stream a lot on cellular and have AT&T and/or 3)Watch a crapload of TV and there's some obscure channel combination that AT&T has that others don't.

I'm really curious to see what their subscription numbers and total decrease is after this quarter.
Bregxit
AG
I still have ATTNow. $60 is still something like $15-20 less than I was paying for PSVue before I cancelled it last year. I'd probably switch to YoutubeTV but I still have a History channel show I watch and my wife has a show on TVLand she watches. Once those shows end we'll probably/maybe switch.
Thomas Ford 91
AG
My ATTNow bumped to $55, not $60. Not sure why. Trying YouTubeTV today for watching college football. Price is $50, so no big difference. Losing HBO, but I can hook up with HBO Now for $14/mth when WestWorld starts back up.

The biggest upgrade for me is the customizable guide. I can delete all the channels I don't care about and move the ones I like to the top. My guide follows me on all devices. Family can each have their own login and guide. Can limit the youngest to PG-programming.

These things alone are worth the switch.
TexAgBolter
AG
Any long haulers still with this service from the beginning like me?

Well we've got another name change. Will soon be Directv Stream.

TV Casualty
AG
Yep, I'm still with this clunker of a service. Only thing keeping me from canceling it is that it's the only provider I can get for Bally sports southwest (formerly fox sports).

Sinclair has made it to where hardly anyone can get this channel.

dave99ag
AG
Still going here from the original service. Price has gone up and is probably on par with YouTube TV now. I rarely use the DirecTV app and just use the channel apps.
Nobody Knows My Name
AG
Still here as well on the original Go Big plan which costs twice as much!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.