DirecTV Now

162,417 Views | 1288 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Nobody Knows My Name
Pman17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Formerly DirecTV Now

Now AT&T TV Now
As of 7/30/2019

- Live a Little - $35 / month (60+ channels)..........$10 (AT&T Unlimited)
- Just Right - $50 / month (80+ channels) ...........$25 (AT&T Unlimited)
- Go Big - $60 / month (100+ channels)...............$35 (AT&T Unlimited)
- Gotta Have it - $70 / month (120+ channels) ....$45 (AT&T Unlimited)

March 13, 2019 Packages Renamed with Emphasis on the First Two

-AT&T TV Now Plus - $50 / month (40+ channels).....................$25 (AT&T Unlimited)
-AT&T TV Now Max - $70 / month (50+ channels).....................$45 (AT&T Unlimited)
-AT&T TV Now Entertainment - $93 / mo (65+ channels).........$68 (AT&T Unlimited)
-AT&T TV Now Choice - $110 / mo (85+ channels)....................$85 (AT&T Unlimited)
-AT&T TV Now Xtra - $124 / mo (105+ channels).......................$99 (AT&T Unlimited)
-AT&T TV Now Ultimate - $135 / mo (125+ channels)...............$110 (AT&T Unlimited)
-AT&T TV Now Optimo Mas - $86 / mo (90+ channels).............$61 (AT&T Unlimited)

HBO is Free with the first two saving you $15/mo.
Package Comparisons

Grandfathered folks receive a $10 increase per month effective March 13th.
If grandfathered folks were to compare to the new packages...
Live a Little (Entertainment) saves $43/mo
Just Right (Choice) saves $45/mo
Go Big (Xtra) saves $49/mo
Go Big Early Bird Promo (Xtra) saves $74/mo
Gotta Have It! (Ultimate) saves $50/mo
Todo Y Mas (Optimo Mas) saves $31/mo

Add-ons increase for those not subscribed to add-ons.
HBO $5 -------> $15!
Cinemax $5 --------> $11
Starz $8 ---------> $11

$5 extra for three streams at once

Features:
OnDemand
72 hour time slot skip back on channels
True Cloud DVR (20 Hours)
4K HDR (TBD)
No Data Drain for AT&T Customers

Supported Devices:
Apple TV
FireTV
Roku
Google Chrome
iOS
Android
Xbox One (Like Never)

Jasomania
AG
Here are some of the channels, though there isn't a complete list yet

No DVR functions yet though they said they will be adding that in 2017. No roku support yet, but again will be adding in 2017. If you buy in for the "Go Big" package during the "introductory period" it will be 35 a month instead of 60, and as long as you are subscribed you will be grandfathered in to the 35 a month price point.
YouBet
AG
Extremely intrigued. I may do that intro Go Big + HBO just to lock it in at $35. There is also a free 7 day trial period. I already have Uverse Gigabit internet, I only need two streams as there are only two of us and I'm currently paying $180 per month to DTV.

Hell, the base package has every channel we watch already which is really surprising. I don't really care about 4k right now and the only thing that would hold me back is lack of DVR right now and you know that will be an add on cost. Would still be way under what I'm currently paying though.
RangerRick9211
AG
Quote:

No DVR functions yet though they said they will be adding that in 2017.
I read on Reddit that you can 'rewind' up to 72 hrs. So, pseudo DVR.
ktownag08
AG
Assuming you have access to WatchESPN and other apps, I'll make the switch from Vue. For the same $35 I'm paying now, I'll get more channels. The DVR isn't a huge issue for me if network shows we watch are On-Demand. Plus $5 HBO is pretty good.

Certainly worth trying for 7 days free or paying a month and if wife/I don't like it we just go back to Vue. That's a huge draw with these types of services to simply bounce around.
Jasomania
AG
I'm using Playstation Vue right now and my first thought was to get in on the go big package while I could be grandfathered in but looking at the channels it does have listed, everything i generally watch is in the live a little package anyway. The SEC networks are necessary for football season but i can just add that package from Sept to Nov. and drop it the rest of the year. Also that HBO is just 5 dollars more is incredible, hopefully that isn't an intro pricing deal and stays that way long term.

I think i might hold off entirely until the DVR function is added and then get it in order to get the viacom shows that PS Vue lost. Apparently they made it very clear during the press conference that prices would go up as they added more channels and features which is concerning. I'm a worried this is all intro pricing for the first year as people get used to it and by next year they jack the prices up across the board.
jagouar1
AG
Its interesting but I will be curious if that promo $35 pricing is permeant or just for 6 months or something. The normal pricing is way too high.

Always good to have more competition in this space... I am curious to see how hulu and amazon will offer their services.
Pman17
AG
I think that intro price would be grandfathered later. AT&T is pretty good about grandfathering other than the unlimited cell data. My family is grandfathered in the 30gig/mo data plan for AT&T mobile. It was a summer promo deal two years ago, I immediately switched because it was actually the same price as what we were paying for less data. Then that rollover kicked in for free and I was like THANKYOU AT&T!

Hopefully they add other platforms to stream. I really want it on the Xbox One. Wish the other services had apps on streaming TV devices. I already pay for Xfinity and I have limited streaming options away from home. My parents have DIRECTV and that's limited too.

Tempted for that Apple TV deal. If it includes on demand stuff and stuff like watch ESPN. That's the ultimate service for Apple TV with their show search feature.
TexasAggie008
AG
Don't see NFL Network or FoxSportsSW (RSN's)...any word on if they'll be included?
StickTogetherAgs
howdydamnit04
AG
I don't see anywhere where it says how many streams you can do at a time. Is is 1 or multiple? We have 4 different going at the same time in my house.

Edit:nm found that's it's 2 streams.
dummble
AG
Crud, no root sports yet and mlb.tv blackouts local team games
Ranger222
AG
I'd make the switch to this from SlingTV for the "go big" deal, but unfortunately there is no NFL Network / Redzone being offered right now which will keep me towards SlingTV. I may just get both for the month and cancel Sling in January.

Also I would like XBox One integration since thats what I run Sling on
TxAggieBand85
AG
NFL Network, Redzone, Root Sports missing. Oh well. If those channels want to be in my home, get on board. Will find other entertainment. Bye bye Lastros.

Bye to Sling Blue+Orange+Sports, hello DirecTv Now. $35 until someone gets a better deal overall.
TexasAggie008
AG
Only one more month of football season anyway, then its just a matter of hoping that by next September its straightened out

Still doesn't help with Root/FSSW if you are a NBA/MLB fan though
trueaggie2782
AG
Nevermind. According to this article, you'll be grandfathered in at lower price.
RangerRick9211
AG
I went with the pre-paid 3 mos. and Apple TV. App in iOS was hard to find. I had to dig through AT&T's app page to find it as it wouldn't result by search.
RangerRick9211
AG
Local channels:
TX_AG_10
AG
Just signed up with the Go-Big plan. Switching from PS Vue mainly because I'm an AT&T mobile customer and I can stream as much as I want via mobile. My PS Vue doens't run out till next month so I'll have both services for a few weeks.
ElectricAg13
AG
Just switched over from Sling. Never had a problem with Sling but the extensive channel list at this price is hard to pass up.

Has anyone been able to download the app to start streaming? I have been able to watch over my web browser but not mobile. My guess is they haven't released the app yet but just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.
TX_AG_10
AG
I've got the app on Android and have been streaming.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.att.tv

Edit: Here's the AppStore link https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/directv-now/id1136238277

ElectricAg13
AG
Fantastic. Thanks TX_AG. Downloading now.
gougler08
AG
RangerRick9211 said:

Local channels:

So maybe a dumb question, but does this mean I wouldn't get NBC or FOX if I'm streaming from Houston...or I'll just get the national broadcast instead of a local one?
suprafly03
AG
So if I'm in a current contract with Direct TV, what are the chances that they'll let me out of that to their streaming service???
bmc13
AG
drewser95
AG
Any DirecTV Now users tried using their credentials for access to the WatchESPN app yet?
ElectricAg13
AG
Worked like a charm on the iPhone WatchESPN app.

Edit: ABC app as well. Loaded up some on demand shows just to check and make sure it worked.
TX_AG_10
AG

Works for me on Android
RangerRick9211
AG
gougler08 said:

RangerRick9211 said:

Local channels:

So maybe a dumb question, but does this mean I wouldn't get NBC or FOX if I'm streaming from Houston...or I'll just get the national broadcast instead of a local one?
You only get the local. It doesn't offer a national stream if there isn't a local.

However, that graphic is wrong. I do have KRIV, FOX 26, in Houston as a stream. NBC is the only stream I don't have. Which I pick-up fine over-the-air.
drewser95
AG
Thank you IrishAggie & TX_AG_10!
gougler08
AG
RangerRick9211 said:

gougler08 said:

RangerRick9211 said:

Local channels:

You only get the local. It doesn't offer a national stream if there isn't a local.

However, that graphic is wrong. I do have KRIV, FOX 20, in Houston as a stream. NBC is the only stream I don't have. Which I pick-up fine over-the-air.
RangerRick9211
AG
uBlock blocks browser streaming. It took me longer than I want to admit to figure that out.
dvldog
AG
Are the Fox Sports regional channels included (FSSW)?
easttexasaggie04
AG
Interesting. I'm a 10+ year DirecTV customer. I wonder if they realize some of us are going to switch to this less expensive plan? How do you stream on TV without a Roku?
suprafly03
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

Interesting. I'm a 10+ year DirecTV customer. I wonder if they realize some of us are going to switch to this less expensive plan? How do you stream on TV without a Roku?

Apple TV is my favorite way...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.