DirecTV Now

164,043 Views | 1288 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Nobody Knows My Name
AggieFrog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't think it's the MLB. Think they'll do it the next time the broadcast rights are negotiated.
agdaddy04
AG
Not related to Root, but blackout restrictions are absolutely the doing of MLB. I should be able to pay for MLBtv even though I live in Houston and watch the Astros.
agdaddy04
AG
Has anyone tried Amazon Channels yet for a la carte?
AggieFrog
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Not related to Root, but blackout restrictions are absolutely the doing of MLB. I should be able to pay for MLBtv even though I live in Houston and watch the Astros.

Local broadcast rights are controlled by multiple contracts with multiple providers across the country. Root Sports has exclusive rights in their area of service.
DeLaHonta
AG
Does anyone have problems with the on demand/rewind feature freezing up?

I have DirecTV Now on two different Apple TVs. When streaming live, I have no issues. When watching on demand or the rewind feature, sometimes it works fine, but most of the time, the video will freeze and the audio keeps going. Sometimes the video snaps back after a few seconds, sometimes it never does.

It's very frustrating, and I don't know if the issue is DirectTV Now or he Apple TV.
jay040
I don't mean to hijack, but does this mean the cloud dvr available for all customers, or are you in a special region?
AggieFrog
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Has anyone tried Amazon Channels yet for a la carte?

Yes - we have Starz for the summer.
DeLaHonta
AG
Not the Cloud DVR. I'm just rederring to the on demand content (old episodes of shows) and the 72 Hour Rewind feature on the few channels that have it.
gougler08
AG
DeLaHonta said:

Not the Cloud DVR. I'm just rederring to the on demand content (old episodes of shows) and the 72 Hour Rewind feature on the few channels that have it.

Haven't tried it yet because the things I'd actually want to watch on the rewind normally aren't available
Pman17
AG
This dude claims they're working on Root Sports

https://www.reddit.com/r/DirecTVNow/comments/6nmhrb/root_sportsatt_sportsnet/
SlackerAg
AG
Since AT&T owns DirecTV and Root, it's inevitable. They can offer the channel at-cost or exclusively as an advantage over other streaming competitors.

I cancelled Vue & signed up for "regular" DirecTV because I prefer machine DVRs. Their package special with Root was only about the same as Vue (October price increase) with CBS add-on, & after savings dropping back to slower internet since streaming is no longer needed.
WoMD
Directv now basically not working for anyone else this afternoon? It's been basically down for most channels the last few hours. Some channels will work for a few minutes and then have trouble loading, others are not working at all.
agdaddy04
AG
Yep, having to watch espn on the espn app on Apple TV.
gougler08
AG
Free form has been working fine this afternoon for me (Toy Story marathon so don't judge me)
GT_Aggie2015
AG
Having issues this evening too. Better be fixed by the time GoT comes on!
goose91
AG
I've been having issues all day with multiple channels. Very frustrating.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
Twitter is full of issues with error 1501 and 1502 today. Such a PITA.
Cloud
GT_Aggie2015 said:

Having issues this evening too. Better be fixed by the time GoT comes on!

Just watch via HBO Go.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
You can use your credentials from DTN for HBO Go? I could've sworn my wife said she tried and couldn't.
agdaddy04
AG
Yes
GT_Aggie2015
AG
I'm going to have to do that next time. Thanks
crowman2010
AG
Yep, happened to me as well.
Pman17
AG
I only had one issue watching Game of Thrones last night and that was when I paused and then played, it skipped through a scene and I couldn't go back but to the very beginning, so I switched to HBO GO in the middle of the episode.

AT&T still has some work to do but I'm not giving up my grandfathered $35 plan. Hopefully their monopoly over entertainment will be in my favor, mua ha ha ha! Though screw their forced Anti Net Neutrality disguised as Pro Net Neutrality trickery for normal DTV customers.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
GT_Aggie2015 said:

You can use your credentials from DTN for HBO Go? I could've sworn my wife said she tried and couldn't.
I just realized that my wife and I were not on the same page. HBO Go and HBO Now are two totally different things.
agdaddy04
AG
YouTubeTV now available in Houston
agdaddy04
AG
Wow. It has all of the networks. DVR. 6 accounts. And it's still only $35/month. I may have to make the switch.
dave99ag
AG
I may have to test it out, but it's lacking History and that may be a no go for us. I wonder how far out Houston is?
agdaddy04
AG
Houston is active now.
dave99ag
AG
Looks like the geo-locate your IP as I tried a Woodlands zip code, but am still in CS. I'll be curious to see how it compares to DTV Now, which I have grandfathered pricing.

"YouTube TV is available in your area, but unfortunately you'll have to wait until you're home to sign up."
TX_AG_10
AG
Works in Conroe. I'm doing to free trial. DirecTV now has the edge for me since I get HBO, free streaming on at&t and I'm grandfathered in. If it weren't for that, I'd be on YouTube TV in a heartbeat.
agdaddy04
AG
It's just saying that because whereever you are when you create your account is where your "home" will be.
dummble
AG
Another problem with youtubetv is chromecast only (no apple at my house). I wish chromecast had a remote. I hate using my phone or tablet, The biggest issue we have had since going to DTN is showing the grandparents how to watch foxnews. Having a harmony remote and firestick has simplified it as much as I think I can.
texag06ish
AG
dummble said:

Another problem with youtubetv is chromecast only (no apple at my house). I wish chromecast had a remote. I hate using my phone or tablet, The biggest issue we have had since going to DTN is showing the grandparents how to watch foxnews. Having a harmony remote and firestick has simplified it as much as I think I can.

Ever since switching to DTN, I find my harmony remote useless. We almost exclusively use the Apple remote now.
dummble
AG
We moved up to the harmony hub. It works really well with the firetv.
howdydamnit04
AG
I think I'm going to super through using phones and tablets as remotes till year end until I figure out what our long term setup will be. I don't want to go all in on hardware and then have it hold me back.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.