*** TEXANS 2016 SEASON THREAD ***

137,798 Views | 1614 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Farmer1906
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yea I am thinking heavy dosage of Blount with an occasional pass here and there if they get into a 3rd and long situation. Would be interesting if Edelman got in at QB, didn't realize he played the position in college.
bodaciousbood14
AG
quote:
Schefter reporting they aren't signing a backup to the roster. Brissett QB1 Edelman QB2
Just picked him up on waivers, Edelman, not Brissett. Fundamentally against any and all people named Jacoby
RC_57
AG
Just heard on PFT Brock has a back injury. Really? Any truth in that?
Ag_07
AG
quote:
Just heard on PFT Brock has a back injury. Really? Any truth in that?

PFT is click baiting

Their headline reads...Brock Osweiler pops up on Texans injury report. Then in the article it says he was a full participant in practice.

They're the worst at this kinda shlt. Nothing to worry about.
bilbobag
He has a sore back. The injury is a projection since they didn't practice yesterday. Just walk through
AG@RICE
AG
Im actually worried about Clowneys foot/ankle. He got back in the game, but he was hobbling around a bit on the sidelines. Hopefully this isn't something that will plague him all year.
AG@RICE
AG
This is a classic No-Win Game. Even if we win, we just beat up a wounded team on a short week.

That being said, I fully expect Belichick to have that team ready to go tonight. I think they will gouge us with runs and misdirections all night long and force Brock to beat them in tight windows. I've never been confident about playing the Pats, and today is no different. Never bet against a Sith Lord.

Ag_07
AG
quote:
This is a classic No-Win Game. Even if we win, we just beat up a wounded team on a short week.

I disagree.

I think people have learned that it's essentially it's essentially the New England Bill Belicheks. They've gone through Aaron Hernandez, losing Welker, deflategate, now a Brady suspension and never missed a beat.

If Garropalo was sucking it up then it'd be different, but to see them come out and go 2-0 people are realizing that no matter what it is Bill will be ready and have his team ready.

I think generally people are seeing this as a tough game and would be an excellent win.
Buck Compton
AG
Never sleep on a Bill Belicheck coached team. I'm sure our guys aren't. Defense better come ready to compete to win us the game, cause I guarantee their D will be on.

Plus, I hate Thursday games. They're ALWAYS sloppy and generally play to a close game - not ideal against Bill.
Olsen
AG
Texans best chance of beating the Patriots is tonight. Texans defense can't let the ball go to Gronk.
Pahdz
Severe case of BTS right now. I see this game going like any time the Astros face a pitcher making his MLB debut
Buck Compton
AG
quote:
Severe case of BTS right now. I see this game going like any time the Astros face a pitcher making his MLB debut
I've been getting the same dumb feeling. Like it's set up as well as it could be, but something will happen like Brissett getting hurt and Edelman lighting us up.

Thankfully I put my faith in that defensive front... Who don't seem intimidated by anyone.
PhatMack19
AG
The line doesn't make sense. I don't get how NE is favored by 1 with no QB.
Buck Compton
AG
Not everyone picked the Texans on the pre-game show. I think everyone is just taking the we will believe it when we see it.

Also, our wins haven't exactly been blow outs - and Chicago looked dreadful last week - so people are betting against Osweiler as much as anything. Maybe even counting on a ST TD for NE after our coverage (or lack of) last week.
bodaciousbood14
AG
Somebody tell me when it's over
RC_57
AG
So Newton was beat badly twice on that 1st series
Texags is garbage
Braxton Miller gets a Kick Interference when he's not even active tonight. WAY TO GO MAN...
MosesHallRAB04
AG
i think he's short
Texags is garbage
Houston called a TO there?
MosesHallRAB04
AG
why is houston taking a timeout there? I hope the ref was wrong and it was NE taking that TO
Texags is garbage
That was a PI? HAHAHAHA
kmac30
Iced-T14
AG
Cut the special teams. The entire unit
kmac30
AG
wow! how do the texans just **** the bed so damn easily!?
kmac30
AG
whats his dick needs to be cut the second this game is over.
bodaciousbood14
W
AG
time to bring in savage Tom.

27-0 Patriots
nickstro66
AG
I hate conservative play-calling.
W
AG
no more touches for Lamar tonight --- save his body. This one is over
Ags #1
AG
They always seem to **** the bed on national tv. But this is pathetic. Facing a 3rd sting qb and can't play d and can't score
W
AG
Godsey has been completely depantsed
CFTXAG10
AG
Godsey has always been trash. His inadequacies have always been masked by a good defense. Winning games makes a lot of **** go by the wayside
W
AG
quote:
the Texans are 0-3 all-time at Foxborough.

and the Patriots have scored a minimum of 40 points in each game there
make it 0-4. What a pathetic effort.

at least the Texans dropped the minimum points scored to 27
Olsen
AG
Horrible team tonight
W
AG
Texans have scored 1 TD in the past 2 games.

and for the season...Osweiler has 3 TD's & 4 INT's in 3 games

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.