*** TEXANS 2016 SEASON THREAD ***

137,793 Views | 1614 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Farmer1906
Ryan34
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Frok said:

AG@RICE said:

I've always thought Savage was some sort of low budget clone of Matt Schaub. He is tubby, immobile, injury prone and they both even make the same dopey dumbass face. What better way to cement that reputation than to get injured on a qb sneak...

I really don't want to lose BOB. He really does seem like the most competent football mind in that group. That being said, he makes a ton of dumbass decision and really owes Romeo and the D a round of bjs for constantly bailing out his poorly coached offense.

Romeo is the real reason they've been able to win 9 games every year. The defense has been pretty good no matter how many injuries they have.

Aggies in particular should be quite familiar with how a good DC won't thrive without the right HC.
ac
Ryan34 said:

Frok said:

AG@RICE said:

I've always thought Savage was some sort of low budget clone of Matt Schaub. He is tubby, immobile, injury prone and they both even make the same dopey dumbass face. What better way to cement that reputation than to get injured on a qb sneak...

I really don't want to lose BOB. He really does seem like the most competent football mind in that group. That being said, he makes a ton of dumbass decision and really owes Romeo and the D a round of bjs for constantly bailing out his poorly coached offense.

Romeo is the real reason they've been able to win 9 games every year. The defense has been pretty good no matter how many injuries they have.

Aggies in particular should be quite familiar with how a good DC won't thrive without the right HC.
It probably depends on how much control the HC lets the DC have. Kubiak was only successful when he had Wade Phillips as DC. Maybe BoB lets Crennel have a free hand.
oh no
AG
shano0603 said:

So are we in agreement that we need to let OB do whatever he needs to get 1, if not 2 QB's in the offseason?
is this even possible? what are the available options given Brock's contract?

I think Savage as a guy in year 3 of his rookie contract, heading into final year next season, can remain as a long-term serviceable backup to stay in the system under BOB if they can sign him cheap. No other teams are going to pay big FA money for Savage after next year, are they?

but how in the wide world of sports can the Texans get a real starting QB with the $72 million man sitting over there?
herb96
AG
Long-time Texans fan, and for some reason, I'm not fired up for playoffs. What time is our game on?
AgsMyDude
AG
shano0603 said:

So are we in agreement that we need to let OB do whatever he needs to get 1, if not 2 QB's in the offseason?
Yes. I say draft 2 OL and 2 QBs in the first 4. why the hell not?
TrillOBrien
AG
shano0603 said:

With the rumors flying around, it doesn't look like OB will be around for the offseason. If that's the case, I (along with thousands of other fans) will be pissed and not spending a dime in support of this organization
bilbobag
Like I said earlier, I think OB is safe.. however, you have this Rick/Brock vs. OB power struggle going on
shano0603
AG
oh no said:

shano0603 said:

I think Savage as a guy in year 3 of his rookie contract, heading into final year next season, can remain as a long-term serviceable backup to stay in the system under BOB if they can sign him cheap. No other teams are going to pay big FA money for Savage after next year, are they?

but how in the wide world of sports can the Texans get a real starting QB with the $72 million man sitting over there?
What options do we have? I'd spend one of our first 2 picks on a qb... and then take one in the late rounds.

The Redskins spend a ton to have the 2nd pick to draft RG3 and then spent a 4th round pick on Cousins...

Brock is only on the books for one more season and I know we currently have like 10 million in cap space, no idea about next season.
TrillOBrien
AG
shano0603 said:

oh no said:

shano0603 said:

What options do we have? I'd spend one of our first 2 picks on a qb... and then take one in the late rounds.

The Redskins spend a ton to have the 2nd pick to draft RG3 and then spent a 4th round pick on Cousins...

Brock is only on the books for one more season and I know we currently have like 10 million in cap space, no idea about next season.
We need to be aggressive in rebuilding the Oline this offseason. Newton is always hurt, Duane is getting old, etc. I don't see how we avoid going that route with a high draft pick, but I wouldn't be surprised if Rick Smith screwed up
chjoak
AG
shano0603 said:

oh no said:

shano0603 said:

That was because Shanahan didn't want RG3 but ownership did. He picked Cousins in the 4th because he had no faith in RG3 panning out.
shano0603
AG
samin23 said:

shano0603 said:

oh no said:

shano0603 said:

We need to be aggressive in rebuilding the Oline this offseason. Newton is always hurt, Duane is getting old, etc. I don't see how we avoid going that route with a high draft pick, but I wouldn't be surprised if Rick Smith screwed up
I don't disagree. The other of our first 2 picks should be o-line.

However, and most of you won't like this, but I can imagine the Texans spending a high pick on a safety and possibly a D-linemen.
AustinCountyAg
here is my gut feeling....IF Texans win Saturday with Brock playing good/****/average/doesn't matter, BoB won't be back next year. Rick will play the "Brock can win playoff games" card and say he should've never been benched....

I am thinking deep down BoB wants Brock to implode like Hoyer did last year so he can shove that in Rick's face and hope Mcnair finally sees the light and gets ride of Rick
TrillOBrien
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

here is my gut feeling....IF Texans win Saturday with Brock playing good/****/average/doesn't matter, BoB won't be back next year. Rick will play the "Brock can win playoff games" card and say he should've never been benched....

I am thinking deep down BoB wants Brock to implode like Hoyer did last year so he can shove that in Rick's face and hope Mcnair finally sees the light and gets ride of Rick
Rick Smith is untouchable. Doesn't matter what happens on the field or what the fans say, he will NOT be fired. He will leave the team when he is ready, or he will once again be promoted to a role that forces Bob McNair to hire a new GM.
It's utterly disappointing to see how corrupt our front office has become.
TexAgs1992
Savage not available for the weekend.
Frok
AG
AustinCountyAg said:

I don't know, he talked about how well Brock played this last week. Or maybe that was all tongue in cheek.

I have a feeling we are going to lose to Conner Cook. It's hard to win when you can't score.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Frok said:

AustinCountyAg said:

I don't know, he talked about how well Brock played this last week. Or maybe that was all tongue in cheek.

I have a feeling we are going to lose to Conner Cook. It's hard to win when you can't score.

How are they gonna score? Connor Cook is awful. We should've beat this team earlier in the season and they had Derek Carr in that game and we had Brock. Also it was pretty much a road game.
Frok
AG
Brock throws a couple picks from his own 15 yard line. That's how.
TrillOBrien
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

Frok said:

AustinCountyAg said:

How are they gonna score? Connor Cook is awful. We should've beat this team earlier in the season and they had Derek Carr in that game and we had Brock. Also it was pretty much a road game.
"Connor Cook is awful"

Can we stop overlooking the opposing QB please? We made the same mistake against Jacoby Brissett and the Pats
AustinCountyAg
Savage officially ruled out. Brandon weeden will be the backup
AgsMyDude
AG
Frok said:

AustinCountyAg said:

We almost beat them at a neutral site when they had Carr. A home playoff game against Cook is completely different.
bilbobag
I think Matt McGloin starts Saturday. I think the Raiders are trying to pull a fast one
Pahdz
bilbobag said:

I think Matt McGloin starts Saturday. I think the Raiders are trying to pull a fast one

Can we start Weeden?
Ags #1
AG
How is that pulling a fast one? Is it because the Texans would plan differently for cook versus mccloin
titanmaster_race
mcnair blows
aTm2004
AG
Actually, I think it's Smith that's doing the blowing.
TrillOBrien
AG
aTm2004 said:

Actually, I think it's Smith that's doing the blowing.
McNair is allowing Smith to do the blowing which means McNair also blows
Farmer1906
AG
samin23 said:

mAgnoliAg said:

Frok said:

AustinCountyAg said:

"Connor Cook is awful"

Can we stop overlooking the opposing QB please? We made the same mistake against Jacoby Brissett and the Pats

Brissett is awful too.
AgsMyDude
AG
Raiders LT (game time decision) couldn't do walk-through today. That's good news for us.
BBQ4Me
AG
Hennessy11 said:

Raiders LT (game time decision) couldn't do walk-through today. That's good news for us.

If he can't go, OAK may be at risk for having Cook knocked out of the game. Do they even have a 4th string QB?
CFTXAG10
AG
It is either bring in the injured Matt McGloin or activate Garrett Gilbert from the practice squad
bilbobag
Brian Gaine interviewed for 49ers GM position, big loss if he leaves
oh no
AG
Hennessy11 said:

bilbobag
Expect the Raiders to be run heavy and quick passes
CFTXAG10
AG
Definitely. Front 7 need to keep Murray and the rest of the backs from having a big day.
oh no
AG
is Noplayveon Clowney going to be rushing against that backup LT?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.