*** TEXANS 2016 SEASON THREAD ***

137,783 Views | 1614 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Farmer1906
AG@RICE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bilbobag said:

You mad, bro?? Haha.

I re asked my question if you didn't see.
Not really. I was just was looking for a platform to tell that challenge flag story.

Tell BOB to keep that flag in his front pocket.
MelvinUdall
AG@RICE said:

bilbobag said:

You mad, bro?? Haha.

I re asked my question if you didn't see.
Not really. I was just was looking for a platform to tell that challenge flag story.

Tell BOB to keep that flag in his front pocket.

Now that's funny.
Mr.Bond
AG

Oh my god,,,,,, it's like nazi Germany
Flogi
You're good as long as you protest america though.
gambochaman
AG
I would love to hear the reasoning behind this idiocy
Mr.Bond
AG
Mr.Bond said:

I'd be all over Minnesota at - 6

Certain things I don't like being right on
AG@RICE
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Mr.Bond said:

That was probably easy money for anyone who regularly watches the Texans. I can't think of the last good (non-Cincinnati) team we beat on the road. To be honest, most of them go just like that Vikings game: Plenty of Turnovers/Poor Special teams/leaky Secondary/Crap QB play.

Positive note on the day: Both Indy and Tenn won. I know that sounds crazy, but I really need the rest of the AFC south teams to gather 5-7 wins this year. My biggest fear is that one of these teams ends up with Miles Garrett in the draft.

KidDoc
AG
AG@RICE said:

Mr.Bond said:

Mr.Bond said:

That was probably easy money for anyone who regularly watches the Texans. I can't think of the last good (non-Cincinnati) team we beat on the road. To be honest, most of them go just like that Vikings game: Plenty of Turnovers/Poor Special teams/leaky Secondary/Crap QB play.

Positive note on the day: Both Indy and Tenn won. I know that sounds crazy, but I really need the rest of the AFC south teams to gather 5-7 wins this year. My biggest fear is that one of these teams ends up with Miles Garrett in the draft.

I had this exact discussion with my wife at half time. The worst outcome is to win our division and have a crappy draft pick. This team is so bad right now we should be worrying about who to pick for offensive line in the draft.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
W
AG
the Texans just need to fast forward to the next game vs. the Titans or Jaguars --- then they'll look great again
Ags #1
AG
Bob is safe this year no matter what. His wagon is hitched to Brock. Bob will get fired next year
W
AG
another mildly concerning thing that the talking heads seem to be reluctant to talk about...Lamar Miller. He's been okay, decent, good, etc.., but he hasn't been dynamic or above average. His longest run after 102 carries is just 15 yards. That's kind of Trent Richardson-esque. And of course he hasn't scored a TD yet. His so-so production at Miami was always blamed on the OC or Tannehill or the Dolphins' o-line and so forth.

in the passing game he has caught 14 balls...and his longest gain is only 11 yards. Most folks were expecting a big play RB. Haven't seen that yet
Ag_07
AG
Because the OL couldn't block well enough to win a game of Red Rover Red Rover over at the local elementary school.
Pahdz
Well that was a miserable game to be at but US Bank Stadium is freaking amazing
Wife is an Aggie
Pahdz said:

Well that was a miserable game to be at but US Bank Stadium is freaking amazing
I am a Vikings fan who has a lot of family/friends in MN but I have not had a chance to see the stadium. Would be interested to read a slightly more in-depth experience/review of the stadium from an out of towner.
bilbobag
So many injuries.. could possibly be without Fuller, KJ and Newton in addition to Brian Peters, Jeff Allen, Stephen Anderson, Quintin Demps and Jonathan Grimes.

I think Fuller plays.. 50-50 on the other two.
Ags #1
AG
Who is kj?
Ags #1
AG
Kareem Jackson?
bdgol07
AG
Kareem Jackson

Any word on why Peters was kicking off last week
bilbobag
Actually looking like Fuller will be out because of his hamstring
AG@RICE
AG
This doesn't look good: Tons of injuries, poor offensive line play and a leaky (banged up) secondary going against Andrew Luck.

If we lose this one (and then again on the road next week to Denver) the bottom could fall out of this team and tanking could become a real option.

I'd like to submit "Grin and Bear it for Garrett" as the future motto of the team.
bilbobag
In response to the report out this morning from Jason LaCanfora, some of it is true some if isn't and that's all I can say.
Mr.Bond
AG
bilbobag said:

In response to the report out this morning from Jason LaCanfora, some of it is true some if isn't and that's all I can say.

I hope OB did jump up brocks ass. Osweiler has been complete ass this season. Brock Asswater
AG@RICE
AG
bilbobag said:

Didn't even see that until you mentioned it. Here is the link

The only part of interest to me is this statement:

Quote:

Numerous league sources have maintained that the impetus to sign Osweiler to a hefty free-agent contract after a brief stint as a starter in Denver began at the ownership/management level

Im curious if BOB was actually excited about getting Brock or if he just put out positive statements because he is a good employee.

The rest of the article talks about Brock and BOB arguing. This probably needs to happen. The offense has been poorly called AND poorly executed. Both individuals have right to voice their complaints. Hopefully it was productive...
Mr.Bond
AG
Glazer just said fuller was GTD, interesting
bilbobag
It was a collective decision.. Brock still struggling with picking up playbook. OB need to scale it back. Brock has been thrown into the fire and isn't responding well. He is to quick on his reads or has tunnel vision right now. Hard Off to pick up.

It took Fitz getting benched to see how the off is suppose to run. I don't think Brock gets benched. He is going to have to work it out with himself and OB news to put him in better situations.. HAVE TO GET TGE RUNNING GAME GOING AND OL MUST PLAY BETTER.
bilbobag
Fuller is here now and feels good. Still up in air. 60-40, he sits. Will be up to trainers and how he looks when they work him out. If plays, see him as decoy.
Olsen
AG
Must win game for the Texans tonight!!!
Ryan34
AG
Frustration in the QB room isn't particularly surprising. I'd be more worried if there wasn't any frustration.

I don't understand how Jax continues to be as bad as they are. Bradley's seat is going to be really hot if they lose to Chicago today.
Mr.Bond
AG
I can't remember the giant jags fan on the board that guaranteed a playoff birth within 3 years..... I think it was 3 years ago
Pahdz
I mean, on the surface it wasn't that crazy, just shows had bad Bradley has been. The talent is there, killed them Luke didn't pan out like he should have.
Ryan34
AG
Pahdz said:

I mean, on the surface it wasn't that crazy, just shows had bad Bradley has been. The talent is there, killed them Luke didn't pan out like he should have.
Given how little talent they had at the time, yes it was that crazy. This was the first year they could realistically contend, and even then they were a dark horse.

That being said, Bradley hasn't lived up to his reputation.
Mr.Bond
AG
Per my source, fuller is active
nickstro66
AG
We could shake things up and sign Romo
Amazing Moves
Eli looks like such a tool during the Carrie Underwood intro..
Ag Since 83
AG
More awkward part of that intro: Eli lip syncing or Antonio Brown "dancing" next to Underwood?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.