*** TEXANS 2016 SEASON THREAD ***

137,778 Views | 1614 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Farmer1906
Nuke LaLoosh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Excuse me?

Agreeing with you about the team doc...
bilbobag
From what I know this morning is he reinjured the back in the Pats game.. This is a new back injury meaning new disc issue in back. Seems to be separate from the original.. doesn't seem to be a reaggrevation
Ag_07
AG
Now that's even more worrisome.

This could affect his long term career outlook. Back issues ain't nothin fck with.
bilbobag
I will be interest to see how in depth the Texans go into his injury at the presser this morning.
bilbobag
Cush practiced today.. fwiw

He is further along than most realize. Was doing some heavy work the Monday after his knee Injury. This had been his plan all along
bilbobag
Possibility of Brown seeing action also..snap count would be my guess
Ag_07
AG
quote:
He is further along than most realize.

This really a good thing??
Mr.Bond
AG
Is a snap count a good thing for the cohesion of an offensive line
suburban cowboy
AG
Could JJ's back injuries be due to post-roid affects?

He doesn't look as defined and now his body may be showing signs of deterioration.
Ryan34
AG
quote:
Could JJ's back injuries be due to post-roid affects?

He doesn't look as defined and now his body may be showing signs of deterioration.

He's not as defined because he's coming off back surgery.
bilbobag
So it's not a new injury to back, re-aggravation of the original injury.
thann07
AG
quote:
So it's not a new injury to back, re-aggravation of the original injury.
Probably good news.
Frok
AG
I agree with the articles stating now is the time for O'Brien to execute better on offense. Too often it seems like our game plan is to play it conservative on offense and hope our defense holds.

. . .
bilbobag
Now that it's out.

Surgery early this morning. Not as bad as first thought. Should make a full recovery.. went better than expected.
agdaddy04
AG
So BOB taking over play calling...
Enviroag02
AG
Wonder what this means for Lamar Miller. His usage was already substantial.
MelvinUdall
For me, I am glad that JJ is shutdown for the season, it will force him to recover and take his time. Hopefully is training regimen will be modified and not so strenuous during the offseason.
W
AG
sounds like BoB is feeling the heat
MelvinUdall
W said:

sounds like BoB is feeling the heat

Probably more along the lines of watching tape and the play calling and disagreeing with the OC, Bob has no heat on him.
W
AG
not heat from the standpoint of being fired.

but yes heat from the standpoint of justifying the QB & RB free agent signings and also for being a so-called offensive "guru / genius"
MelvinUdall
That's fair, but I will add they are working with an OL, due to injuries, is hot garbage. Certainly Xavier is/was his call, but the Martin and Brown being out has killed that offense, plus they are working with I think 8 new players on O, that takes time.
Ryan34
AG
W said:

but yes heat from the standpoint of justifying the QB & RB free agent signings and also for being a so-called offensive "guru / genius"

I think you're projecting.
MelvinUdall
W said:

I will add one more point since you quoted guru/genius, he took 5 quarterbacks last year with Arian done and won 9 games, if that is not the definition of guru/genius, I am not sure. Can you tell me that wasn't a great job?
Bobby Jimbo
AG
JJ Watt confirmed out for the season
aTm2004
AG
WTF is this?

https://www.facebook.com/BillBalleza/posts/1280263335339917
MelvinUdall
aTm2004 said:

WTF is this?

https://www.facebook.com/BillBalleza/posts/1280263335339917

I have no idea of Watts return, but I am not taking Bills word for it because he had a surgery on his back in the 80's.
bilbobag
Please don't listen to A news anchor..

Everything I have heard is the surgery went great and there is no concern for him not playing in 2017..
bilbobag
The issue with Miller is Miller is being to timid instead of making a cut and going.. I think OB calling plays will give the offense a better rhythm
MelvinUdall
bilbobag said:

Please don't listen to A news anchor..

Everything I have heard is the surgery went great and there is no concern for him not playing in 2017..

Yeah but Bill Balleza said he had back surgery in the 80's and it is totally similar and JJ's career is done even though Bill's d*** can't get hard when he sees Dominique naked.
bilbobag
Bill has his own issues.. He needs to keep with reporting news and getting his own plastic surgery and Botox.

Surprised he posted something like. Maybe he wants to be able to say I told you so.

I know Watts's dad had has some concern about his son playing in the future so maybe that's where his speculation is coming from but that was pre-surgery
MelvinUdall
Totally tongue and cheek with what I posted about Bill, I am a firm believer of let the process play out and then let's see where he is out. I am glad he is shutdown so we don't have constant updtates if he is coming back, plus if I was a player it would be easier to move forward.
agdaddy04
AG
Man, Bill sure sounds like a dick in his press conference today.
Ag_07
AG
agdaddy04 said:

I remember my first BoB press conference.

MelvinUdall
agdaddy04 said:

He has been like hat since he got here, and quite frankly the same questions asked 10 different ways is dumb by the reporters, constantly trying to get him or anyone they interview in a gotcha situation.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.