*** TEXANS 2016 SEASON THREAD ***

137,791 Views | 1614 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Farmer1906
Ryan34
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Definitely frustrated with our offensive struggles but I haven't lost faith in O'Brien yet. He was able to scrap playoff teams immediately after selecting #1 overall and basically not having a QB. Now we're 4-2 with, as of now, the hardest SOS of any team with 4 or more wins.

What I was most encouraged about last night was Duane Brown. He looked like his old self. We had huge holes on the left side and he was very good in pass protection. XSF seemed to play better with Duane in there as well. If the rest of the OL can get healthy, it should help all facets off the offense immensely. The pass protection later in the game was very good and it seemed to help Brock's confidence quite a bit.
KidDoc
AG
Pahdz said:

Damn, snakebit.

Go figure, the one guy who hasn't got hurt is Clowney. Huge props to him, he's getting better with each game. Dude was explosive last night. Loved the play where he had him start off the line standing up and delay blitz to the opposite side. Damn near got there too
Clowney is looking better. He looks significantly more bulky this year to me. I guess having time to hit the weights and not be on IR helps!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ryan34
AG
Collinsworth mentioned it last night, but Clowney is tied for the league lead in tackles for loss. He's still better against the run than as a pass rusher, but he's showing promise.
Ag_07
AG
Clowney has been a beast so far.

He was all over the place last night. He showed his quickness on getting off the ball, he showed his strength in a couple of those bull rushes, and he showed a few pass rush moves besides just running straight upfield.

He doesn't have the sacks yet, but he is pressuring the QB and causing trouble along the line.

I'd say he's playing to the potential of a 1st rounder. Still work to be done to reach that upper echelon but he's made some huge strides and playing some damn good football.
gougler08
AG
He was everywhere last night, him and Mercilus look quite good so far
Pahdz
The sack numbers will come, not worried about that at all, he's disrupting both the opposing passing game and run game.

Ag_07
AG
Bump

Just cause I'm getting tired of seeing all the Dak/Romo/Cowboy threads at the top
AG@RICE
AG
Are we going to have any health corners for the game against Denver? Seems like there is a possibility that our #1 corner in that game might be AJ Bouye...yikes!

bdgol07
AG
Pretty sure I saw JJo will be back, maybe not fully healthy but should be back
bilbobag
After watching the film, Man Kevin Johnson played a great game against the Colts.. losing him is going to sting
Pahdz
bilbobag said:

After watching the film, Man Kevin Johnson played a great game against the Colts.. losing him is going to sting

No doubt, that was his best game as a Texan
MelvinUdall
bilbobag said:

He is the best corner on the team right now and that is not a slight on Joseph or Kareem, he has played damn good this season.
W
AG
the Colts (3-4) help out the cause today by beating the Titans (3-4). Win or lose the Texans will come back home in 1st place
Ags #1
AG
Brock and texnanoffense is putrid again
Ags #1
AG
Just tank already. And fire Rick smith
Buck Compton
AG
BOB has to be the most conservative play caller I've ever seen. When he's going against a defense with a pulse. No game planning, no scheming, just giving up from the opening whistle.
W
AG
Texas are 4-0 at home; 0-3 on the road.

will make the playoffs along as they keep winning their home games and AFC South games.

next up the Lions (4-3) at NRG
mAgnoliAg
AG
If Brock looks like **** next week then that's really embarrassing. Home against the worst or 2nd worst pass defense in the NFL
Ags #1
AG
Oh he will but we are stuck with him and bob and Rick for this year and next
Frok
AG
He looked terrible for all but 3 minutes against the Colts crappy defense.

Same ol, same ol.

Rick Smith will never lose his job.
Ozamataz Buckshank 01
AG
The Texans are a terrible team to watch. I should have checked on my brisket.
Ags #1
AG
Brock and roll
Olsen
AG
Let's put Braxton Miller at QB. I would like to see what he can do.
W
AG
Texans are last in the AFC in points scored with 117 in 7 games --- an average of 17 points per game
agdaddy04
AG
I know he's not making as much but I wish they'd give Savage a shot.
Ags #1
AG
Not going to happen, no way. That is admitting a 72 milllion dollar mistake.
. . .
Asschin & Assweiler - two peas in a pod. Terrible head coach, terrible QB.

"Starts with me. Gotta do a better job."
Ags #1
AG
Is that quote from kubs or bob?
nickstro66
AG
Just start cleaning house and build a new team with a GM who actually knows what he's doing
PhatMack19
AG
http://dailysnark.com/houston-man-accused-robbing-local-football-team-72-million-dollars/
TexasAggies06
AG
W
AG
the Lions defense ranks #23 in passing yards allowed per game and #28 in yards per attempt. They were shredded by Luck in their season opener for almost 400 yards (and 39 points).

But vs. the Bears, Titans, and Redskins; the Lions D held their opponent to 17 points or less
KidDoc
AG
I've been a Texans fan since they started and replaced the Oilers but I am really sick of the horrible GM decisions over the last 10 years. Extremely frustrating and now we are stuck with Brock for better or worse for another 5 dang years. Just insanely Browns level bad!

I think I'm about done with them until they clean up the house. Maybe root for Cowboys or Broncos or something.

Thank God I'm only an Aggie season ticket holder.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BMX Bandit
They aren't stuck with him at least 5 more years

He got a "2 years, and then we'll see" deal. He can be cut with little pain after next season if he keeps sucking.
KidDoc
AG
BMX Bandit said:

They aren't stuck with him at least 5 more years

He got a "2 years, and then we'll see" deal. He can be cut with little pain after next season if he keeps sucking.
Thanks for the details! That is a bit better.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.