*** TEXANS 2016 SEASON THREAD ***

137,774 Views | 1614 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Farmer1906
mAgnoliAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

mAgnoliAg said:

Buck Compton said:

W said:

huge win today.

Texas (7-6) control their destiny. Can clinch the division at home the next 2 weeks vs. the Jags and Bengals (Christmas Eve)
That doesn't clinch anything if the Titans win their next two games. Then it goes to winner-take-all in Nashville.

No we have the tiebreaker no matter what
If we both win the next 2 and then Tennessee beats us, they'd be 10-6 and we'd be 9-7
W
AG
I was figuring in a Kansas City win next week
Frok
AG
9-7 seems likely now. At least the Texans can take care of their division foes.
Ag12thman
AG
Texans D.
MelvinUdall
Can we at least stop the narrative that Elway was some genius on not going after Brock aggressively. Semien is garbage and Lynch is worse, I know Brock is an abortion at QB, but what Denver has is no better.
AG@RICE
AG
I know that this thread is a weekly complainfest about Brock, but I have one more:

Having more time to throw the ball doesn't really seem to help Brock.

Anytime he extends the play and doesn't run it seems like a catastrophe. He doesn't seem capable of throwing an accurate pass unless he is perfectly aligned, which he only does after his initial drop. Once the initial play breaks down, he squares his hips and dances (or runs)...before eventually unleashing an uncontrolled rocket somewhere in the vicinity of his receiver.

There is certainly an issue with his footwork, but I am also questioning his grip and wrist strength. Sometimes it seem like he does not have good control of the football.

gougler08
AG
AG@RICE said:

I know that this thread is a weekly complainfest about Brock, but I have one more:

Anytime he extends the play and doesn't run it seems like a catastrophe. He doesn't seem capable of throwing an accurate pass unless he is perfectly aligned, which he only does after his initial drop. Once the initial play breaks down, he squares his hips and dances (or runs)...before eventually unleashing an uncontrolled rocket somewhere in the vicinity of his receiver.

There is certainly an issue with his footwork, but I am also questioning his grip and wrist strength. Sometimes it seem like he does not have good control of the football.

His lack of seeing the defense is more concerning to me. The pick on the CJ crossing route and what should have been a pick in the end zone were just not recognizing the coverage. He's good for 3-4 of those per game
MelvinUdall
I wish they run more hurry up with Brock during the game, he seems to thrive in that style of offense.
Ags #1
AG
Trevor has 2765 yards 16 tds and 7 ints
Brock has 2656 yards 13tds and 13 ints and us played in 2 more games that Trevor.

If Trevor is garbage Then Brock is a dumpster fire.
gougler08
AG
Ags #1 said:

Brock has 2656 yards 13tds and 13 ints and us played in 2 more games that Trevor.

Thats a fair assessment of both I'd say
MelvinUdall
Ags #1 said:

I am not saying Brock is good, point is that Elway pat himself on the back and they will not make the playoffs because of their QB play, Elway is no genius.
Ags #1
AG
True tht
rosco511
AG
gougler08 said:

AG@RICE said:

His lack of seeing the defense is more concerning to me. The pick on the CJ crossing route and what should have been a pick in the end zone were just not recognizing the coverage. He's good for 3-4 of those per game
This. You can tell he is just not very good at recognizing coverage and working through his progressions and that is why O'Brien has to be so limited in his play calling. He has to really limit what they do offensively because of Brock's slow and bad recognition skills, and then to make matters worse, Brock is not very accurate.
TrillOBrien
AG
Does anyone else think we need a major overhaul on the O-line? The national media and announcers are always saying it's a great offensive line, but it's just a few big names like Duane Brown or Derek Newton (who I find to be ridiculously overrated). Unless we somehow find a player we can't pass up in the draft, I see no reason to not take an O-lineman in the 1st round next offseason
KidDoc
AG
THeir run blocking yesterday was VERY good overall. Pass protection they do seem to make frequent errors for some reason.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
rosco511
AG
Assuming Martin comes back healthy next year, we should immediately get better with his addition, but we do still need upgrades at both the guard and tackle positions. Brown likely only has a couple of productive years left, and Newton and the guards are average at best. I think one of the worst moves the Texans made this past offseason was not retaining Brandon Brooks. Maybe he was always going to test the free agency waters and there was nothing we could do about it, but replacing him with Allen has been a net loss for sure.
LilSebastian13
AG
Brooks battled injuries most of his time here and is doing the same thing right now in Philly.
rosco511
AG
Brooks has started 1 less game than Allen, and I know that Allen has left at least 1 game because of injury. I have not seen the most recent grades but believe Brooks was being graded very high among guards by Pro Football Focus.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Jeff fisher finally got fired so I guess there's hope that the same will happen with one of ours rick smith
Frok
AG
As frustrating as this year has been, it's pretty awesome that we finally swept the Colts. Only took 14 years!
bilbobag
Brooks isn't fighting injury, he's been sick.
W
AG
looking at a few mock drafts...there are only 2 or 3 o-linemen projected to be 1st round caliber. One is the Bama OT that should be top 10.

appears to be a lot of WR, DE, and CB in the back half of the draft...positions where the Texans are in relatively good shape. They would need to trade up 6 or 7 spots to get the LSU safety or Vanderbilt inside LB...where the club definitely needs help for 2017
shano0603
AG
W said:

looking at a few mock drafts...there are only 2 or 3 o-linemen projected to be 1st round caliber. One is the Bama OT that should be top 10.

appears to be a lot of WR, DE, and CB in the back half of the draft...positions where the Texans are in relatively good shape. They would need to trade up 6 or 7 spots to get the LSU safety or Vanderbilt inside LB...where the club definitely needs help for 2017
Texans need to go OL and TE pretty early if you ask me. I'd be happy with OJ Howard from Bama. in the 2nd.
AgsMyDude
AG
shano0603 said:

W said:

Texans need to go OL and TE pretty early if you ask me. I'd be happy with OJ Howard from Bama. in the 2nd.
I wouldn't be upset with 2 OL in the first 4/5 rounds.
Ags #1
AG
Why the need for a TE early? Cj seems to finally be doing good and we have griffin.

I would think o-line and lb would be a need along with a QB early
LilSebastian13
AG
Anyone listen to 790 in the mornings? LZ has been trashing the Texans front office for a while now.
AG@RICE
AG
Ags #1 said:

Why the need for a TE early? Cj seems to finally be doing good and we have griffin.

I would think o-line and lb would be a need along with a QB early
I agree with this. Last year I was banging the Hunter Henry drum, but CJ has played well enough that I think we should wait for a TE.

OL is the biggest need, but if I were the Texans I'd definitely have to consider drafting a QB...

mAgnoliAg
AG
Braxton Miller to IR. Wendell Williams called up from practice squad. He ran a 4.19 at a regional combine. He also had a 45 inch vertical which would've been the best at the combine by 4 inches
MelvinUdall
mAgnoliAg said:

Braxton Miller to IR. Wendell Williams called up from practice squad. He ran a 4.19 at a regional combine. He also had a 45 inch vertical which would've been the best at the combine by 4 inches

How many players is that now on IR?

Watt
Johnson
Miller
Newton
Strong

Am I missing anyone?
mAgnoliAg
AG
Oh and that 4.19 is the best ever at any combine, NFL or regional
Ag_07
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

WGAS...

All we heard all off season was how much faster the Texans got on offense withe the speedster Fuller, the skill player Braxton, and Tyler Irvin.

However, sans a couple games starting out for Fuller these guys have sucked. How fast you run means nothing if you can't get open and catch a football.
AgsMyDude
AG
Ag_07 said:

mAgnoliAg said:

WGAS...

All we heard all off season was how much faster the Texans got on offense withe the speedster Fuller, the skill player Braxton, and Tyler Irvin.

However, sans a couple games starting out for Fuller these guys have sucked. How fast you run means nothing if you can't get open and catch a football.
and all of that means nothing if your QB can't throw any better than Uncle Rico.
CFTXAG10
AG
That's disrespectful to Uncle Rico
bilbobag
I doubt Williams will have a big role
bilbobag
Texans have 13 on IR on 1 NFI

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.