*** TEXANS 2016 SEASON THREAD ***

137,809 Views | 1614 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Farmer1906
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LilSebastian13 said:

LA would give a position coach with no DC or HC experience their job.
bdgol07
AG
aggie1906 said:

She gunna show them to him?

Doubt it. She's due with our second kid in 6 weeks, I just hope she makes it through the while set
Farmer1906
AG
I fail to see the correlation.
AgsMyDude
AG
bdgol07 said:

Gay, taking the wife to Rodney Carrington on Saturday

MelvinUdall
Ag_07 said:

LilSebastian13 said:

LA would give a position coach with no DC or HC experience their job.

John Harbaugh was hired by the Ravens when all he had been was a ST coordinator.
agproducer
AG
Your Texans Tomato Cans

This article is downright brutal. But, how can you blame Patriots writers and fans for being overconfident?
JJxvi
AG
Title is troll...

link is Boston Globe...

Conclusion....must be a Dan Shaughnessy article....Do not click.
Pahdz
Vrabel would be a great hire for anyone
agproducer
AG
JJxvi said:

Title is troll...

link is Boston Globe...

Conclusion....must be a Dan Shaughnessy article....Do not click.
Oh, yeah. It is a total troll article. I just can't believe this kind of garbage passes as sports "journalism."

Olsen
AG
Mike Vrabel is a good friend of Tom Herman...
LilSebastian13
AG
Herman has already hired a DC. What position at Texas would Vrabel leave the NFL for?
suburban cowboy
AG
Who wins the butt chin v. Rick battle?
aTm2004
AG
Hopefully Ass Chin. McNair needs to find a new fluffer and kick Rick Smith to the curb.
Furlock Bones
AG
IceCream14 said:

Who wins the butt chin v. Rick battle?
Rick Smith needs to be gone. Big time. We need someone in the spot that will tell McNair he doesn't know what he's doing so stop getting involved in personnel decisions.
suburban cowboy
AG
I think we all agree Rick Smith needs to be gone, but that doesn't answer my question.

Bilboag, could you provide insight as to who may have the upper hand with McNair to win what may be the final turf war?
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

I just can't believe this kind of garbage passes as sports "journalism."
Looks like an opinion article to me. Does the Baylor dude at the Chronicle do any better?
Farmer1906
AG
The rumors weren't made up. BOB would be the odd man out.
thann07
AG
aggie1906 said:

The rumors weren't made up. BOB would be the odd man out.

Bilbo has said the opposite.
aTm2004
AG
Bilbo has stated many times that BoB isn't going anywhere.
Ag_07
AG
And he's indicated that Rick won't be fired but likely reassigned within the organization.

From what I've gathered from his posts I don't think either one goes anywhere.
Furlock Bones
AG
Ag_07 said:

And he's indicated that Rick won't be fired but likely reassigned within the organization.

From what I've gathered from his posts I don't think either one goes anywhere.
so, does that mean we are getting a new GM or what?
mAgnoliAg
AG
BOB wants more control of the roster from rick smith so it looks like he may leave unless he gets that. If rick were reassigned I would assume BOB would get more control of the roster.
ac
If McNair has to choose between BoB & Rick, then it should be a no-brainer. But if this is the case and BoB goes, it may finally answer my question of Rick having incriminating evidence against McNair.
bilbobag
From what I can say, OB isn't going anywhere unless he opts out of his contract at which he would be giving up at least $10 million or there could be a mutual decision by the Texans and OB to just go their separate ways. If the latter happens, McNair has a decision to make on to just blow up the whole thing and either reassigned Rick or fire him.

OB controls the 53, that's not the issue. The issue is promises made to him when hired as to having more control than just the 53. This all started with Mallett and the Miami trip. Rick doesn't want OB to have the control Kubiak had even though Rick made it unscathed after firing of Kubiak.

That's all I got. Going to be interesting to see how it all really plays out. I really don't see OB going anywhere unless he wants to go. Right now, he really likes this team
Buck Compton
AG
bilbobag said:

From what I can say, OB isn't going anywhere unless he opts out of his contract at which he would be giving up at least $10 million or there could be a mutual decision by the Texans and OB to just go their separate ways. If the latter happens, McNair has a decision to make on to just blow up the whole thing and either reassigned Rick or fire him.

OB controls the 53, that's not the issue. The issue is promises made to him when hired as to having more control than just the 53. This all started with Mallett and the Miami trip. Rick doesn't want OB to have the control Kubiak had even though Rick made it unscathed after firing of Kubiak.

That's all I got. Going to be interesting to see how it all really plays out. I really don't see OB going anywhere unless he wants to go. Right now, he really likes this team
So if OB has complete control of the 53, you're saying OB signed off on Osweiler sight-unseen?
bilbobag
Btw, if you don't think Rick and his team aren't behind the leaks, then why at the most important time of the year these rumors are coming out unless you are trying to create a distraction to make a certain coach job harder
bilbobag
OB controls the roster as to whose on it after training camp to the end of season. He doesn't have much say in personnel acquisitions. Was OB consulted about the Brock signing? Yes, but if he didn't give his blessing because it didn't matter. If OB truely had a say in the Brock signing,
Brock probably wouldn't be here or OB would at least had a face to face with Brock.
Buck Compton
AG
Fair enough. Explains a lot about OB's tenure.

Professional football organizations are no different than a corporation:

• If you hired a great Head Coach, he has to be the leader of the players on and off the field. He has a vision for the tactical way he wants to execute week-to-week. You trust him to hire assistants and manage the players/gameplan on a day-to-day, and week-to-week basis. He has to have that trust. Since you hired him, I would naturally hope he agrees with the Owner/GMs overall vision for the organization.
  • The GM needs to be the CEO of anything dealing with the product on the field - do everything possible to enable the coach to execute that tactical plan, including looking at strategic things like competitive landscape, planning/budgeting/forecasting, contract negotiation, trades, amateur scouting organization, etc.
  • Owners should be more like a board - give regularly-scheduled input and involved in any decisions over a certain threshold, but not getting stuck in the weeds. The owner should also maintain a CEO-like oversight of facilities, major outside relationships, gameday operations, etc. - and be ready to make changes at the CEO level if needed.

How McNair hasn't seen the dysfunction, or hasn't publicly dealt with it at least is baffling to me given his success in business. I think he has gotten either too close to Rick Smith or isn't treating the organization like a business he owns, but rather as a toy that he likes to constantly tinker with and micromanage.
shano0603
AG
So Deshaun Watson? I'm game.
mAgnoliAg
AG
shano0603 said:

That's all I was thinking all game, but then I remind myself the Texans aren't going to do anything to get a good QB so I'm not gonna get my hopes up
AgsMyDude
AG
Was texting my brother the same thing. This mock has us taking him.

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2685146-nfl-draft-2017-updated-order-and-1st-round-mock-draft-predictions
shano0603
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

shano0603 said:

That's all I was thinking all game, but then I remind myself the Texans aren't going to do anything to get a good QB so I'm not gonna get my hopes up
You gotta take a shot at QB. There's no reason not to... O'Brien needs to tell McNair this or say he's out. When Jerry Jones out-drafts you, you know you don't draft well.
MelvinUdall
I watched VY have a tremendous career and game against a vaunted USC team, much like this Alabama team, however he ended up being a below average QB in the NFL. I am not saying that Watson will be a below average QB, but I do have my concerns with any QB coming out of a zone read or one read system, those QB's have a major learning curve coming into the NFL.
Ag12thman
AG
Watson is a much better passer than VY ever dreamed of being, IMO.
MelvinUdall
Ag12thman said:

Watson is a much better passer than VY ever dreamed of being, IMO.

Don't disagree, but my point was that he is coming from a one read system and those QB have issues transitioning into the NFL. Currently our starting QB is a one read QB and panicks if that first read is not wide open.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.