*** TEXANS 2016 SEASON THREAD ***

137,772 Views | 1614 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Farmer1906
Pahdz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Seattle and Arizona are the road NFC West opponents right? Gotta start planning that away game trip
BMX Bandit
bilbobag said:

Why would he sit out? He is not a free agent until 2018. He makes about $2.5 mill this year and $8 mill next year?

Shhh.

He's on a roll.
bilbobag
My gut tells me that cardinals game will be here and Seattle game away.. for some reason the last time the Texans were to play Seattle there was some weird rule and instead of the Texans playing away they played home.. it could have been on Seattle end that had the conflict. Can't remember
Pahdz
You are right, we have Arizona at home, it's LA on the road
ac
bilbobag said:

My gut tells me that cardinals game will be here and Seattle game away.. for some reason the last time the Texans were to play Seattle there was some weird rule and instead of the Texans playing away they played home.. it could have been on Seattle end that had the conflict. Can't remember
The NFL adjusted the scheduling so that teams wouldn't have to make 2 west coast trips in the same year.
Pahdz
You sure about that? Maybe that screws up what the website we use to plan our trips has online. LA used to be STL so that may affect what is in there if what you say is true. Not sure how we can play NFC West without two west coast road trips though
ac
Pahdz said:

You sure about that? Maybe that screws up what the website we use to plan our trips has online. LA used to be STL so that may affect what is in there if what you say is true. Not sure how we can play NFC West without two west coast road trips though
The Rams move may have put a stop to that. But that scenario did exist before. When they play the AFC West, it's set up in that fashion.
BMX Bandit
Nm
AG@RICE
AG
I'm assuming or playoff game is going to be the Saturday 330 game, correct?

That spot is usually reserved for the worst playoff game, which is almost certainly our game.

Is there also a secret rule that will keep us out of that spot for the 2nd straight year?
gougler08
AG
AG@RICE said:

I'm assuming or playoff game is going to be the Saturday 330 game, correct?

That spot is usually reserved for the worst playoff game, which is almost certainly our game.

Is there also a secret rule that will keep us out of that spot for the 2nd straight year?

That's my assumption as well, our offense is not what I would call "exciting" for the casual fan
ac
That spot is reserved for the game that is likely to get the lowest TV ratings. If the current standings hold, 2 of the WC week matchups involve teams w/national followings (Packers, Steelers) and another would involve a NY team. I think it's a given that the Texans will be in the late afternoon slot on Saturday.
. . .

Every single year we have a surprise opening. I think the Houston Texans are that surprise. Bill O'Brien, ownership, GM just not a great fit there. If they lose in the playoffs early on, I think Bill O'Brien will end up being out and the hottest head coaching candidate on the open market.

Ryan34
AG
Texans would be stupid to part with O'Brien at this point in time.
Pahdz
Our front office is so stupid
bilbobag
This happened last year and OB was going to Mayland.. Texans would be absolutely dumb to let go OB go. However, like I said before, McNair wasn't happy about the benching of Brock.

Also if OB goes, which I highly doubt, Rick would be safe a couple of more years.. If anyone should be reassigned or let go, it would be Rick.

On another note, key personnel to watch is Vrabel and Crenell..
Pahdz
I'd take OB in College Station in a heartbeat
k20dub
AG
So how would OB be the hottest coach on the market yet we all hate him so much?
maca1028
bilbobag said:

This happened last year and OB was going to Mayland.. Texans would be absolutely dumb to let go OB go. However, like I said before, McNair wasn't happy about the benching of Brock.

Also if OB goes, which I highly doubt, Rick would be safe a couple of more years.. If anyone should be reassigned or let go, it would be Rick.

It really is crazy that Smith is the safest one of the bunch.
As far as Vrabel and Crenell go, is it expected that Crenell will retire and Vrabel take over? Or are they looking to move on?
Frok
AG
bilbobag said:

He's upset with the Brock benching? McNair is a moron, how in the world did he get rich?
Ag_07
AG
McNair is running the organization into the ground.
Mr.Bond
AG
Sell them to me, I'll bring the Oilers name back
Olsen
AG
It's going to be one and done in the playoffs again. I'm expecting this.
AustinCountyAg
Rick Smith must suck a mean dick. To still have his job for so many years and not doing crap is unreal in this day and age. Especially with the rumors of McNair possibly moving on from BoB
6-4-3
AG
McNair and Smith got too close personally and professionally. Smith is a politician who worked his way into tenure. There should be some separation there. Even how they watch games shoulder to shoulder with matching binoculars is not a good look. The whole nine yards.

Bill O'Brien (an offensive guy) has not exactly turned the offense into an unstoppable force but I would side with O'Brien 99% of the time against this management team. Even with faults, he has more football credibility.
Ryan34
AG
O'Brien took over a last place team that still doesn't have a QB and yet has had a winning record each year. He's not infallible but he's done a good job overall IMO.
aTm2004
AG
I wonder whose call it was to not draft Carr when they had the chance.
Mathguy64
AG
McGloin had been pounded into the ground twice in succession, hit his throwing hand on a helmet and doesn't look like he can raise his arm. Raiders are about to be one QB deeper than the Texans next week (assuming KC wins).
ATM9000
AG
aTm2004 said:

Come on... The fan base would have damn near burnt down NRG had a Carr been drafted as the Texans franchise QB.
aTm2004
AG
ATM9000 said:

aTm2004 said:

Come on... The fan base would have damn near burnt down NRG had a Carr been drafted as the Texans franchise QB.

As a first round pick? I'd agree. But not as a 2nd round.
CFTXAG10
AG
So whoever gets the Raiders in the playoffs might be facing Connor Cook. McGloin just went down with a shoulder injury.
Ag_07
AG
Texans are still S.O.L. if the offense can't score more than 10 points.
CFTXAG10
AG
True. A first round win would also mean a date with the Patriots in New England.

Prepare your anus.
ATM9000
AG
aTm2004 said:

ATM9000 said:

aTm2004 said:

As a first round pick? I'd agree. But not as a 2nd round.

An early 2nd rounder (which is what Carr was), there's an understanding you are drafting someone and giving them time and rope to be the franchise qb at some point. That's a big investment and fans are smart enough to get that.

Fan reaction would have been really bad at the Texans drafting another Carr as anything other than a day 3 pick.
CFTXAG10
AG
Wild Card Weekend

Texans vs. Raiders

Savage Tom (maybe) vs. Connor Cook
AgsMyDude
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

True. A first round win would also mean a date with the Patriots in New England.

Prepare your anus.

Yea but BOB won't leave as 2nd round is not "early"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.