*** TEXANS 2016 SEASON THREAD ***

137,776 Views | 1614 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Farmer1906
Mr.Bond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Offensive line is so so bad
Ryan34
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Offense is so so bad

Fify
Mr.Bond
AG
I don't disagree but when the trenches are *****... Nothing else matters
LilSebastian13
AG
It's pretty sad that this team is considered near the top of their division.
Frok
AG
Colts will get at least 3, probably 7
Ags #1
AG
Brock is worse than the online. 8 picks on the year
Ags #1
AG
Biblo, any thought at all to starting savage?
KidDoc
AG
Sorry but I don't think BOB is the guy. Frustrating.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
LilSebastian13
AG
Good thing we passed on Derek Carr because we had his brother a long time ago.
Tonyperkis
AG
We won. Did everyone fall asleep?
W
AG
wow, the Texans (4-2) saved their season tonight. Still in control of the division.

and we finally saw Lamar show off his playmaking ability
Mr.Bond
AG
There is an actual game thread going on
Olsen
AG
Great win today guys!
MelvinUdall
KidDoc said:

Goodness, he may not be, but why jump on here after a come from behind OT win to let everyone know you are not a fan of BOB? Fans like you amaze me that you even watch to begin with.
MelvinUdall
Ags #1 said:

Biblo, any thought at all to starting savage?

Wow, couldn't hold off. Hahahahahaha, go to bed.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Lamar. Miller. Must. Be. A. Huge. Part. Of. The. Passing. Game. Against. Denver.
Ag_07
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

More awkward part of that intro: Eli lip syncing or Antonio Brown "dancing" next to Underwood?

See that's the problem. You're watching Eli Manning and Antonio Brown.

I didn't even notice they were in this thing until you mentioned it.
titanmaster_race
Still think BoB is a ****e coach, but he will likely take this crap team to the playoffs because the rest of the division is even worse.

Then McNair will continue to refuse to upgrade from either Rick Smith or O'Brien because "look, we keep making the playoffs!!! (and get embarrassed in the wild card game....)"
Buck Compton
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Still think BoB is a ****e coach, but he will likely take this crap team to the playoffs because the rest of the division is even worse.

Then McNair will continue to refuse to upgrade from either Rick Smith or O'Brien because "look, we keep making the playoffs!!! (and get embarrassed in the wild card game....)"
Even if all of this is true, you gotta lighten up a bit and learn to enjoy the wins (especially ones like this). Complain after a loss, sure. But if you can't even enjoy the wins, then what's the point of being a fan?
Frok
AG
BoB isn't getting fired this year unless the team just craters and finishes with 5 or 6 wins. So just keep watching and hope they figure it out. I'll say I'm not as high on BoB as I was going into this season. But maybe Brock will get out of the cellar and start being average.

Ag_07
AG
Frok said:

BoB isn't getting fired this year unless the team just craters and finishes with 5 or 6 wins. So just keep watching and hope they figure it out. I'll say I'm not as high on BoB as I was going into this season. But maybe Brock will get out of the cellar and start being average.

This. I'm unbuckling my seatbelt and preparing to bail off the BoB bandwagon.

He won't get the axe this year, but if it's a lackluster finish (which I expect) then I think he'll be on the hot seat next year.

The fact the offense that he runs and in which we've invested an uber amount of resources on (both FAs and draft picks) is near the bottom of the league is unacceptable and is on him. As bad as Brock has been it's still on BoB to figure it out. Hes the head coach and guru.

If he can't then I'm all for turning up the heat on him next year.
Ag Since 83
AG
Here's my blind optimism post. We've underwhelmed and clearly have things to work on, but we might finally have gotten Miller going, and that can help Osweiler settle down in coming weeks.

We are 4-2, have the tie breaker on Tennessee and Indianapolis currently, and our only two losses are on the road against arguably the best team in each conference.

If we had played well so far our record would probably be the same. Lots to work on, but we are in good position and have seen flashes of what the offense can do if they play well
bilbobag
Injury report:

JJo-having MRI on forearm today. Might have a fracture. Let's hope it's a muscle.

Kevin Johnson-Broken foot

KJ Dillion- torn ACL
Mr.Bond
AG
Jesus, when did KJo break his foot?
Ag_07
AG
Johnson with a broken foot is a HUGE blow. If JJo is also out then it's catastrophic.

That means more Charles James attempting to cover someone.
thann07
AG
I still just think it comes down to the OL with this team (along with some unfortunate injuries).

The OL was only fair last year, and they lost 2 starters to FA, are still rehabbing their star OL from injury (and you could argue his production had already started slipping from his prime pre-injury), lost their high-round draft pick, can't get their other tackle healthy, and are still being forced to start a very underperforming OG.

That said, I think BOB is just very vanilla as a coach. Not exciting as a personality, he doesn't win the biggest games, and he doesn't put up big points.
bilbobag
He was in a lot of pain after the game and you could tell something wasn't right.
bilbobag
Both Aj and Kevin had great games last night.
Pahdz
We are screwed if we're down to Bouye has our top CB. That's not a knock on him, but considering he's our 4th guy (and a good one) that's no bueno.
gougler08
AG
Good lord the injury bug on defense has been crazy
Diggity
AG
I don't remember, did he come out of the game at all or did he finish with a broken foot?
KidDoc
AG
nhayden said:

KidDoc said:

Goodness, he may not be, but why jump on here after a come from behind OT win to let everyone know you are not a fan of BOB? Fans like you amaze me that you even watch to begin with.
First this was before the miracle come-back. Second I am a huge fan of the team I am just very underwhelmed with BOBs coaching thus far. I would be very happy to be wrong but I just don't think he is a quality coach.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Diggity
AG
Fair or not, his job will depend on Brock. I don't envy his position.
bilbobag
He didn't come out from my knowledge.. really didn't start really bothering until afterwards. He could barely walk in the locker and was very uncomfortable. Initial reports not good. Most likely done for year.. Hoping it's not a lisfranc injury
Pahdz
Damn, snakebit.

Go figure, the one guy who hasn't got hurt is Clowney. Huge props to him, he's getting better with each game. Dude was explosive last night. Loved the play where he had him start off the line standing up and delay blitz to the opposite side. Damn near got there too

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.