*** TEXANS 2016 SEASON THREAD ***

137,814 Views | 1614 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Farmer1906
Ryan34
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
People talk about wasting JJ Watt, but how about Indy wasting Andrew Luck? Kinda blows my mind how bad they are, and he looks like the hits are taking a big toll.
Ryan34
AG
Colts fall to 1-3
Mr.Bond
AG
Couldn't happen to a better franchise or group of fans. The Colts fans that have come about in Houston the last 15 years have been unbearable
AG@RICE
AG
This seems relevant:

http://www.todayspigskin.com/afc/denver-broncos/brock-osweiler-inconsistency-shouldnt-surprising/

It's an old Broncos article from December of last year after two consecutive losses (Oak,Pitt). In the Pitt game Osweiler would throw 3 TDs in the first half and then just fizzled out.
Quote:

It was a massively inconsistent game where the offense spent part of the game looking like it could win the Super Bowl and then spent the rest of the game looking like it'd be lucky to make it into the postseason at all.

Ag_07
AG
I'm withholding judgement on Brock until...

A) He has more than 4 games in this offense
B) He has more than a season's worth of games period in the NFL
C) The Texan's improve the OL. They're not good and provide Brock little to no protection
W
AG
the interceptions are the chief concern at the moment.

NFL interception leaders after 4 weeks:

10 -- Fitzpatrick
8 --- Winston
6 --- Osweiler, Bortles
shano0603
AG
Ag_07 said:

I'm withholding judgement on Brock until...

A) He has more than 4 games in this offense
B) He has more than a season's worth of games period in the NFL
C) The Texan's improve the OL. They're not good and provide Brock little to no protection
this
Ryan34
AG
Brock's accuracy went to **** when Tennessee started bringing pressure.
W
AG
one positive...Marcus Mariota...if I didn't know better I'd say he played in a spread offense in college where the receivers were always wide open due to scheme...

the Titans are going to be bad for a few more years
CFTXAG10
AG
W said:

one positive...Marcus Mariota...if I didn't know better I'd say he played in a spread offense in college where the receivers were always wide open due to scheme...

the Titans are going to be bad for a few more years
The Titans, specifically Mularkey, don't run an offense that Mariota can thrive in. He said he wanted to introduce "exotic smashmouth" with Murray and Henry, but he consistently lines up with two wide even on pass plays. At the game yesterday they were down 7 the entire 4th quarter and were still lining up in I-formation and running between the tackles on 1st and 2nd down. I know you can't completely abandon the run, but it obviously wasn't working. Either the scheme is bad or they don't trust Mariota, I think its the former.
CFTXAG10
AG
Texans-Vikings line opens up at Vikings -6
Mr.Bond
AG
I'd be all over Minnesota at - 6
Buck Compton
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

Texans-Vikings line opens up at Vikings -6
That's about right, assuming 2.5-3 points for home field. Vikings have won games by 9, 12, 3, and 13 so far this year and will be playing on a short week. They aren't going to blow anyone out and 6 is an above average line for the NFL.

Average spread is around 4.2 in the NFL this year. There have been 15 lines of 6 points or more (all 15 have been home games for the favorite) at closing time and the favorite has won 11 of those 15 games (73.3%). Not that we needed Vegas to tell us this, but prepare for a loss this week.
Buck Compton
AG
Mr.Bond said:

I'd be all over Minnesota at - 6
Favorite has only covered in 8 of the 15 games though - it basically becomes a 50/50 proposition. I try to stay away from lines of 6 or more, but this one has me interested with no JJ and a turnover-prone QB against a turnover-forcing defense. I expect this will move towards the Vikings after a big Monday night win.
Pahdz
I'll be at the game, I'm 2-0 on my last two Texans road trips, against 7-2 CLE in 2015 and 9-0 CIN last year (at least I think those were the records)
Buck Compton
AG
Pahdz said:

I'll be at the game, I'm 2-0 on my last two Texans road trips, against 7-2 CLE in 2015 and 9-0 CIN last year (at least I think those were the records)
The Browns won like 3 games in 2015... Must mean 2014, I think I remember playing them there and starting the beginning of their collapse.
Pahdz
Yeah 2014, my bad, CIN was 2015. Yes we did start CLE demise, Hoyer was under 50% completion I think and we all thought Mallett was the future
Diggity
AG
Hoyer was never under 50%
Buck Compton
AG
Diggity said:

Hoyer was never under 50%
Just looked up the game and he was 20/50 while Mallett was like 20/30.... Sooooo.....
MelvinUdall
If I am the Texans, I would play as much no huddle/uptempo offense as possible to keep the Vikings on their heels. I like the Texans D vs the Vikes O, Bradford is bound to throw a pick and this is as good of D as he has faced. I will add on caveat that I went to the first game in the Vikings stadium against Green Bay, that is by far the loudest stadium I have ever been in, which concerns me for the offense. I do believe a sped up O will neutralize that crowd a bit.
Diggity
AG
my mistake...thought he was talking about the season.
bilbobag
Still to IR. Dunn to roster
AG@RICE
AG
Apparently Duane Brown and Cj Fiedorowicz are ready for the game on Sunday. I hope they aren't rushing these guys back to soon. Medical staff is under a bunch of fan scrutiny and it will get WAY worse if either of these two guys gets a major injury on Sunday.
bilbobag
Well Brown has been practicing for two weeks now. CJ came out of the game Sunday only to return. He's had no swelling with the knee, no set backs, and practiced all week
MelvinUdall
AG@RICE said:

Apparently Duane Brown and Cj Fiedorowicz are ready for the game on Sunday. I hope they aren't rushing these guys back to soon. Medical staff is under a bunch of fan scrutiny and it will get WAY worse if either of these two guys gets a major injury on Sunday.

Fans are morons, as a fan I don't pretend to be a doctor, but maybe some do.
AG@RICE
AG
Doctors can be morons too.
MelvinUdall
AG@RICE said:

True, but using fans as a means as to how the doctors should handle injured makes no sense.
AG@RICE
AG
nhayden said:

AG@RICE said:

True, but using fans as a means as to how the doctors should handle injured makes no sense.
I'm not sure that was my point. The team doctors need to make decisions that are in the best long term interest of the team and player. If they think Duane and CJ are ready to go then they should play. My point is that if this goes wrong expect a huge backlash. Even if they made the "correct" decision and an unlucky situation causes an injury they are going to get some serious heat. The response by the fans may be unfair, but as you say fans are morons.

I'm hoping the doctors have this one right though. CJ had a fantastic game last week...basically the player I've been waiting to see since they drafted him. I've also always been a huge Duane Brown fan (that was an amazing draft pick by the way). I'm excited to see him on the field again...just nervous.
bilbobag
Unless you have some concrete intel on the doctors, why do you keep bringing the concern up?
MelvinUdall
AG@RICE said:

nhayden said:

AG@RICE said:

I'm not sure that was my point. The team doctors need to make decisions that are in the best long term interest of the team and player. If they think Duane and CJ are ready to go then they should play. My point is that if this goes wrong expect a huge backlash. Even if they made the "correct" decision and an unlucky situation causes an injury they are going to get some serious heat. The response by the fans may be unfair, but as you say fans are morons.

I'm hoping the doctors have this one right though. CJ had a fantastic game last week...basically the player I've been waiting to see since they drafted him. I've also always been a huge Duane Brown fan (that was an amazing draft pick by the way). I'm excited to see him on the field again...just nervous.

That's fair, I just believe that fans overreact one way or the other. For instance let's say the doctors held out JJ till week 6 all the while he is practicing, but the doctors wanted to wait, for whatever reason, fans would hav been pissed about that as well. I guess in the end if I am running a team, I am not gnashing my teeth over what the fans may think.
Ag_07
AG
bilbobag said:

Unless you have some concrete intel on the doctors, why do you keep bringing the concern up?

Ummm...Because it's a concern. Just because we do't have inside info doesn't mean we can't discuss our concerns.
bilbobag
That wasn't my point.. I guess I should have said what makes you think the doctors/trainers aren't doing their jobs?
AG@RICE
AG
bilbobag said:

Go 7 forums up on the list, read all of the posts on that board and then ask why I bring up random concerns. Its texags dude, a place where aggies go to talk about their teams. I don't really come here for concrete intel, just to shoot the ***** In fact, I take everything with a grain of salt on texags. There is really no definitive way for me to validate that people with "concrete intel" actually have concrete intel. I simply just like to talk about the Texans with my fellow ags. I bring this up because it's what some of my fellow Texans fans have been talking about all week. It seemed relevant to the conversation so I posted it here to see what my Aggie internet acquaintances thought.

I don't have any inside info other than what I can see from my seats every sunday at reliant. If you are looking for concrete intel here is the best I have: on that close third down play against the Titans that everyone wanted BOB to challenge, he was actually struggling to find the challenge flag in his back pocket. One of the suits behind him noticed, ran up to him to show him where his flag was and right at that moment Brock snapped the ball and got stuffed. Im not sure if BOB was going to challenge, but it sure didn't look like he was ready for that play to happen.

There, that is all the inside intel I have.

Oh ya, Will Fuller is a bad ass. That's my other piece of intel.

bilbobag
You mad, bro?? Haha.

I re asked my question if you didn't see.
AG@RICE
AG
bilbobag said:

That wasn't my point.. I guess I should have said what makes you think the doctors/trainers aren't doing their jobs?

Just saw this. I never questioned if they were doing their jobs. I just have Houston fan expectations.

Im worried about the Vikings very big line going up against guys with lower leg injuries. Seems like a bad mix.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.