*** TEXANS 2016 SEASON THREAD ***

137,788 Views | 1614 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Farmer1906
Frok
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
More of the same from this franchise. Probably finish 9-7 thanks to the AFC South being garbage.
Diggity
AG
This is really going to drop us in the polls
nickstro66
AG
It looked like the Texans went into the game thinking it would be a cakewalk because they were playing a 3rd string QB with no experience and a hurt offense. This is the least prepared I've seen the Texans look in awhile.
6-4-3
AG
Like last year's Miami game? The 30-0 playoff game? The good news is the division is horrible. 9-7 is a floor with all of those crappy teams in the AFC South. The Texans defense is solid.
Ag Since 83
AG
The really frustrating part is that as bad as the offense played, if kick return team hadn't fumbled the ball 33% of the time they were on the field, we still would have had a chance to steal the game in the 4th quarter. Just maddening special teams
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
We crapped the bed in every aspect of the game; how the hell can you not run against 3 down linemen when all of the linebackers are dropping back into coverage? XSF and Newton got pushed back in Osweiler and Miller every damn play.
Ag_07
AG
quote:
It looked like the Texans went into the game thinking it would be a cakewalk because they were playing a 3rd string QB with no experience and a hurt offense. This is the least prepared I've seen the Texans look in awhile.

You mean since last year in Miami when we were trounced 44-26 including being down 41-0 at halftime?
TajMaballer
AG
https://theringer.com/j-j-watt-american-e0491bbbea16#.se8t85u3q
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
on behalf of the Jones family i have been authorized to offer the Texans a 1st round pick in exchange for JJ Watt. you guys should go ahead and dump him he looks like his best days are behind him
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
on behalf of the Jones family i have been authorized to offer the Texans a 1st round pick in exchange for JJ Watt. you guys should go ahead and dump him he looks like his best days are behind him
Ha!

Interestingly enough, Dallas could have taken Watt (we picked 2 spots in front of Houston). The pick was between Watt and Tyron Smith and we opted for the LT who is also a stud! Win-Win for both teams!
Ryan34
AG
Turnovers and field position killed us. We had more first downs and were slightly better on 3rd down as well. Consistently starting at the 10 is brutal against any defense with a pulse.
W
AG
in one month the Texans will get another chance in the national spotlight ---- Sunday night at Denver 10/24
redag06
That defense is EVEN BETTER!
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
in one month the Texans will get another chance in the national spotlight ---- Sunday night at Denver 10/24
Bronco's game is a Monday night game.
they have a Sunday night game the week before against the Colts.

unless the networks decide the boring, no scoring Texans should be relegated to regional coverage and put them on at noon on Sunday.
Pahdz
The biggest WTF for me was the fact that NE was able to stop the run with 4 guys. They didn't allow us to beat them deep and the OL couldn't manage anything against a simple 4 man front.

But hey, 100 yards rushing, free chicken McNuggets for everyone! (see @HoustonTexans twitter lol)
W
AG
also that Ryan Tannehill threw for 387 yards vs. the Patriots
W
AG
that's right...

Sunday night 10/16 the Colts visit NRG for the NBC telecast.

and

Monday night 10/24 the Texans travel to Denver for the ESPN broadcast
Ryan34
AG
quote:
also that Ryan Tannehill threw for 387 yards vs. the Patriots

After falling behind 31-0...
W
AG
the Texans were down 20-0 after the 3rd quarter...still couldn't move the ball and score
mAgnoliAg
AG
quote:
the Texans were down 20-0 after the 3rd quarter...still couldn't move the ball and score
W
AG
good news...the Titans (1-2) and Jaguars (0-3) lost again today.

bad news...the Vikings looked good again
Flogi
And of course the colts pull some bullcrap out at the 11th hour
Ag_07
AG
I see it being reported JJ has reinjured the back and is out for an extended period and maybe the season.
Diggity
AG
Just saw that
W
AG
if true...I'm going to take an I-told-you-so on the Texans front office. May have wasted the best 5 years of his career (2011-2015) already with terrible drafts and mismanagement of the QB position
Ag_07
AG
quote:
if true...I'm going to take an I-told-you-so on the Texans front office. May have wasted the best 5 years of his career (2011-2015) already with terrible drafts and mismanagement of the QB position

Congrats??

What a take! No one has ever mentioned that the Texans have shlt the bed with their QB situation and that Rick Smith has had questionable drafts. Very nice.
shano0603
AG
So we rushed him back just for him to injure himself. Awesome.
Ag_07
AG
Don't act like he didn't have a say in how his rehab went and how he felt when coming back.
bilbobag
Fwiw, I haven't heard he's re-injured himself. Does have some tightness. He did pass the physical but that didn't mean much because it's basic agilityand conditioning tests.

However, he isn't himself and the coaches can see it, want to shut him down for some time. Meet with doctors today to determine course of action. Jj realized in Pats game he ain't helping because he didn't trust his back.
bilbobag
Not that I don't like Rapport but he also said Watt would miss the first six games.. So don't jump yet. He's dialed in but not as much as McClain. The Texans give the go ahead on what McClain can report. Where there is smoke, there is fire.
MelvinUdall
quote:

Thanks for whatever one else knew, John McClain, I look forward to your article in the Chronicle on Sunday.
bilbobag
Watt will go injured reserve.. I just don't know if for 6 weeks or the year.
bilbobag
Done for the year
Buck Compton
AG
Fan-****ing-tastic...
CFTXAG10
AG
Probably best to shut him down for the season and let him get his body right

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.