*** TEXANS 2016 SEASON THREAD ***

137,813 Views | 1614 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Farmer1906
Ryan34
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're 21st in average kickoff return allowed at 22.3.
bilbobag
Yes it's true.. Been developing for weeks.. He feels it's time.
Ag_07
AG
ST continue to be dreadful for this team.

Almost lost it when late in the game Earvin lets the punt bounce and waves everyone off, then continues to field it, and fumbles it. Luckily it went OB, but why in God's name was he even thinking of picking that up?

It's little things like that separate the above average and below average teams.
Olsen
AG
Thank you both Arian and Andre for the memories! They represented the Texans and the city of Houston well during their time here.
bilbobag
Look for the Texans to try and do something for Dre before the end of the season. Lots of moving parts though.
ac
As far as the AFC South is concerned, the Texans are an elite team. But they aren't in the same class as the Patriots or Broncos.
corleoneAg99
AG
AG@RICE said:

Now that yall finished your nerd fight about our defense, someone go find a stat that describes our cruddy kickoff coverage. Every time we score I celebrate and then immediately feel a sense of dread because I know we have to kick off. Seems like there is always a really good chance the other team could immediately answer our score. We must have the worst kickoff coverage team in the NFL or somewhere close to the bottom...

Texans were 31st in teams DVOA headed into this week.

Another reason they are below average as you've noted.
Diggity
AG
I am #1 in DGAF about your advanced stats.

Just win baby!
corleoneAg99
Frok
AG
Diggity said:

Reports out that Andre Johnson is retiring today.

A little strange that the two best skill position players in Texans history both hang it up mid-season the same year.

About time to add our first name to the ring, banner, whatever the deal will be.
aTm2004
AG
bilbobag said:

Look for the Texans to try and do something for Dre before the end of the season. Lots of moving parts though.

1 day contract to retire a Texan?
W
AG
with the current injuries at WR...Andre might suit up for a game or two by the end of the season
Furlock Bones
AG
just stopped by to say, this is one of the worst 5-3 teams i've ever seen.
MelvinUdall
Furlock Bones said:

just stopped by to say, this is one of the worst 5-3 teams i've ever seen.

Thanks?
CFTXAG10
AG
The combined record for teams we have lost to is 18-5 (New England, Denver, Minnesota). The only team we have beat that currently has a winning record is Kansas City (5-2). On one hand you can say the losses aren't that bad, and on the other you can argue the wins aren't that impressive.

Since we are at the halfway point and have a bye this coming weekend lets have a little fun. Predict the second half of our schedule and overall team record.

@ Jacksonville
@ Oakland (Mexico City)
vs. San Diego
@ Green Bay
@ Indy
vs. Jacksonville
vs. Cincinnati
@ Tennessee

Ag_07
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

@ Jacksonville - W
@ Oakland (Mexico City) - W (should be a L but for some reason I like us here)
vs. San Diego - W
@ Green Bay - L
@ Indy - L
vs. Jacksonville - W
vs. Cincinnati - L
@ Tennessee - W

Puts them at 10-6 (9-7 at worst) and hosting a playoff game in which we probably lose. Although as good as they've been at home they may win. Who knows?

k20dub
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

The combined record for teams we have lost to is 18-5 (New England, Denver, Minnesota). The only team we have beat that currently has a winning record is Kansas City (5-2). On one hand you can say the losses aren't that bad, and on the other you can argue the wins aren't that impressive.

Since we are at the halfway point and have a bye this coming weekend lets have a little fun. Predict the second half of our schedule and overall team record.

@ Jacksonville W
@ Oakland (Mexico City) L
vs. San Diego L
@ Green Bay L
@ Indy W
vs. Jacksonville W
vs. Cincinnati L
@ Tennessee W

9-7. Win the division.
Buck Compton
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

@ Jacksonville - W
@ Oakland (Mexico City) - L
vs. San Diego - L
@ Green Bay - L
@ Indy - L
vs. Jacksonville - W
vs. Cincinnati - W (we always beat them somehow)
@ Tennessee - W

That puts us at 9-7. I could see us winning vs. SD, then losing to Cincy or @TEN... But 9-7 with those division results gets us a playoff game at home.
ac
CFTXAG10 said:

@ Jacksonville W
@ Oakland (Mexico City) L (could go either way but my gut feeling says L)
vs. San Diego W
@ Green Bay L
@ Indy L
vs. Jacksonville W
vs. Cincinnati W
@ Tennessee W (same as Oakland but I'm thinking W in this one)

10-6 and another AFC South title. Likely to host KC, Oakland or possibly Buffalo in the first round.
bilbobag
Dre's post:

https://instagr.am/p/BMUfy2tAwR0
bdgol07
AG
AJ.....always a class act
RC_57
AG
So I read Dre's post to mean he'll be retiring as a Texan

Correct or not?
W
AG
Andre will be in the Hall of Fame in several years.

have to wonder...are there any HoF WR's that played with a less distinguished group of QB's than Andre did?

never played with a Hall of Fame QB.
never played with an "All-Pro" QB
did play 2 years with a Pro Bowl QB (Schaub in 2009 & 2012)

perhaps only Art Monk or Tim Brown had equal or worse QB situations. Steve Largent too
W
AG
good day for the Texans. The Chargers beat the Titans.

Texans 5-3
Titans 4-5
Colts 4-5
Jaguars 2-6

and with the struggles of all the teams in the AFC North, the Texans could be the #3 overall seed
W
AG
strong showing by the Raiders tonight. Texans will have their hands full in Mexico City.

pretty good chance that the Broncos will see Brock again in Houston in the wildcard round
Ag_07
AG
For some reason I don't think the Broncos (or any other team for that matter) will mind seeing Brock anytime or anywhere.
MelvinUdall
W said:

good day for the Texans. The Chargers beat the Titans.

Texans 5-3
Titans 4-5
Colts 4-5
Jaguars 2-6

and with the struggles of all the teams in the AFC North, the Texans could be the #3 overall seed

The AFC North is not a good division at all and while the South certainly has it's issues, the North is no better.
CFTXAG10
AG
Houston Texans - ESPN Week 10 Power Rankings - #19
-30: Despite sitting 5-3 coming off their bye, the Texans have a minus-30 point differential this season, worst of any team with a winning record and eighth worst overall.
1: The Texans should have a chance to improve on that point differential. Only one of their remaining eight games is against a team that currently has a winning record (Raiders in Week 11).

Rest of the rankings....
W
AG
if the Texans beat the Jaguars and improve to 3-0 in the division, and the Titans lose to the Packers; I'd say the division race is just about over.
AG@RICE
AG
Akeem Hunt is officially my favorite running back on the team. He really impressed me last year, but he looks a bit bigger this year and is still crazy quick/fast. He even looks capable of running in between the tackles.

Every time we give him the ball there is a chance he could break a YUGE run. I think we need to give him the ball at least 10 times a game.
aTm2004
AG
Dude needs to cool it a bit, IMO. After he got a critical first down, he signaled for the first, and then got in the ear of the defender that just leveled him. You saw the ref in his ear chewing him out. He easily could have gotten a taunting penalty. It's OK to be fired up and show passion, but you also need to have situational awareness and know when to dial it back.

Other than that, he had a great game and really helped secure the W.
AG@RICE
AG
aTm2004 said:

Dude needs to cool it a bit, IMO. After he got a critical first down, he signaled for the first, and then got in the ear of the defender that just leveled him. You saw the ref in his ear chewing him out. He easily could have gotten a taunting penalty. It's OK to be fired up and show passion, but you also need to have situational awareness and know when to dial it back.

Other than that, he had a great game and really helped secure the W.
Hopefully BOB is ripping him a new one for that in the film session this week. He came so close to undoing that amazing play. With the way we were moving the ball that one penalty could have lost us the game.

W
AG
crazy to think before the season...Hopkins may not reach 1,000 yards receiving . Currently sitting on 482 after 9 games
W
AG
the Texans are dead last in the NFL in passing yards...behind the woeful Bills and 49ers
redag06
Don't think it was that crazy of a thought. Everyone should have expected a decline, due to other receiving targets, nobody expected the qb to be unable to throw for more than 270 yards.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.