*** TEXANS 2016 SEASON THREAD ***

137,819 Views | 1614 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Farmer1906
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He's being facetious.
Ag_07
AG
So Brock looks pretty good so far and I think he's going to be a nice QB for this team. Not all world, but certainly enough to make some playoffs runs with a good defense. I think he'll end up being a second tier Jay Cutler, Matt Stafford, Carson Palmer type QB.

However, his press conferences and his cheesy company lines and media smooging is already driving me nuts. He just comes off as an ass kisser, Eddie Haskel type every time I hear him talk.

I know...We finally have a QB now stop beetching. Just curious if anyone else gets this weird vibe from the guy?
BustUpAChiffarobe
AG
Just Win Baby
k20dub
AG
I noticed that when he was interviewed by Erin Andrews yesterday. Just kept talking about the team and how the team has gotten better each preseason game. Better than him mouthing off about how great he is or sitting during the National Anthem though.
rbcs_2
AG
quote:
However, his press conferences and his cheesy company lines and media smooging is already driving me nuts. He just comes off as an ass kisser, Eddie Haskel type every time I hear him talk.
He sat behind Peyton Manning for years. He learned from the best. The smart ones don't give anything to the media because it will be twisted into something it's not.

Some Denver Broncos writer already did that to him once the preseason when Brock was asked to comment on Elway's "getting bent out of shape for being benched" remark.
lunchbox
Cuts are starting to leak out...

KidDoc
AG
quote:
I noticed that when he was interviewed by Erin Andrews yesterday. Just kept talking about the team and how the team has gotten better each preseason game. Better than him mouthing off about how great he is or sitting during the National Anthem though.
Yeah I think he is just trying to do what he learned from Payton as far as media intereaction.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bilbobag
Looks like Watt and Newton will be back for week 1.. If no set backs of course
byfLuger41
gougler08
lunchbox
lunchbox
gougler08
AG
We IR'ed a kicker?
bilbobag
On the kicker, you should have seen that coming.. Didn't want him to get away.
lunchbox
nvm
bdgol07
AG
Fat Randy got the same treatment
gougler08
AG
Good points...I guess I a) didn't realize he was hurt that bad (or we embellished it some) and b) he was that good
Ryan34
AG
quote:
We IR'ed a kicker?

Basically a redshirt.
shano0603
AG
Just was looking at his wikipedia... It shows this as his full name. John Christian Ka'iminoeauloameka'ikeokekumupa'a Fairbairn
bdgol07
AG
http://www.battleredblog.com/2016/8/29/12700438/two-teams-seeking-to-trade-veteran-centers

Looking at Vikings center, John Sullivan, and Patrick Lewis from Seattle as possible trades.

What's the reality Smith actually makes a trade?
W
AG
he did last year. Traded for the OL from the Broncos during the preseason
E
AG
Patrick Lewis was just waived
Frok
AG
quote:
http://www.battleredblog.com/2016/8/29/12700438/two-teams-seeking-to-trade-veteran-centers

Looking at Vikings center, John Sullivan, and Patrick Lewis from Seattle as possible trades.

What's the reality Smith actually makes a trade?

Depends on whether the deal is worth it or not.
Mr.Bond
AG
quote:
Patrick Lewis was just waived
bdgol07
AG
Lewis has to be on a short list right? He started nine games last year for a contender. Is there an injury I'm not aware of?
shano0603
AG
I think Justin Britt was named their starter... Patrick signed a 1.2 million dollar contract with no dead money, so they can release him without penalty.. We are very lower on the waiver list, but I'm not sure other teams will move on him... If he's available to us, I'd be shocked if we didn't bring him in and give him a look.
bdgol07
AG
Yea...he just got beat and had a team friendly contract......Any word on any replacements?

I figure that a few "starters" on the o-line will have to play today due to being thin
suburban cowboy
AG
Most excited I've ever been for a Texans season
gougler08
AG
I've been trying to avoid the Texans/Aggie kool aid all summer, but it just can't be avoided any longer. I'm pumped up for this season
Frok
AG
Lewis claimed by the Bills. Bummer.
LilSebastian13
AG
quote:
Lewis claimed by the Bills. Bummer.
Sucks for him.
Mr.Bond
AG
Why didn't they just straight up release him
BMX Bandit
quote:
Why didn't they just straight up release him
not an option. it is based on years accrued in the league
gambochaman
AG
Thats so texans
byfLuger41
AG
How bout them Texans?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.