*** TEXANS 2016 SEASON THREAD ***

137,833 Views | 1614 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Farmer1906
bilbobag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am just going by what I know and see about Hop. I am also not alone. Hop has never created a lot of space, you are correct. However, he doesn't like to be physical which doesn't bode well with the difficulty getting off the line and increased physicalness of the corners this year, he is struggling. He's always in the refs ear. Brock has been an issue to with his ball placement and them not being on the same page.

Hop isn't going anywhere as they picked up his 5th year option, so he won't be UFA until 2018.
TrillOBrien
AG
W said:

uh-oh, the Packers actually played a good game tonight at Philadelphia. Will be a very tough game on Sunday
tough for who? Packers will breeze to a W. Our passing game will be non-existent, and the defense will give up big plays to Rodgers
AG@RICE
AG
bilbobag said:

I am just going by what I know and see about Hop. I am also not alone. Hop has never created a lot of space, you are correct. However, he doesn't like to be physical which doesn't bode well with the difficulty getting off the line and increased physicalness of the corners this year, he is struggling. He's always in the refs ear. Brock has been an issue to with his ball placement and them not being on the same page.

Hop isn't going anywhere as they picked up his 5th year option, so he won't be UFA until 2018.
Has there been a change in the way that defenses are playing Hop? If I was a DC, I would jam Hop everytime and run bump/run coverage. Brock is incapable of "throwing him open", so all a DC needs to do is keep a defender in the area of Hop. Brock has basically proven that in tight coverage he will throw it directly to the DB 50% of the time.

Last year all of our cruddy QBs managed to put the ball in spots where only Hop could come down with it. Most professional QBs should be able to do the same.

Its tough for me to evaluate the quality of our receivers and TE right now...
TexasAggie008
AG
Asked in the survivor league thread too, but how do Texans fans feel about the odds of GB beating Houston straight up on Sunday? I'm one of 5 left so lots of $ riding on it!
W
AG
I always comment from the Texans point of view
AG@RICE
AG
No Clowney on Sunday. Bet the Packers(-6.5)...
Ags #1
AG
What happened to clowns??
Ag_07
AG
Ags #1 said:

What happened to clowns??

Elbow and wrist injuries more serious than initially thought.

Joy...
Ag_07
AG
Simon out too

Think Mercilus is the only OLB they have active today.
Vernada
AG
This game will be all kinds of brutal. I can't believe spread is only 6.5.
TrillOBrien
AG
If weather didn't play a factor, we would have been blown out.

But hey, at least BoB and Osweiler's postgame pressers were predictable
. . .
Quote:

McNair said he thought Osweiler played well and he still has confidence in Osweiler as Texans QB.

McNair said he believes O'Brien has done a good job this season, especially considering Texans' injuries.

Bob McNair on Brock Osweiler 'you can't be critical of him he played well'

Bill O'Brien 'Our guys played hard, it wasn't enough'

Quote:

Brock Osweiler 'We're tired of being close. We're so close to turning the corner.'

Brock Osweiler on lack of scoring 'It's very frustrating. We can't get discouraged. There's no time to get discouraged'

Brock Osweiler 'Every single game is a playoff game moving forward'

Brock Osweiler 'I believe the NFL is all about how you bounce back from adversity. There's so much to play for'
W
AG
probably looking at 8-8 now (unless the Texans can win at Tenn or at Indy).

However the division tiebreaker is solidly in favor of the Texans. 8-8 might still win the AFC South.

Tennessee still has to play the Chiefs and Broncos. The Colts still have the Raiders and Vikings.

this will go down to week 17
Mr.Bond
AG
Honestly who gives a **** at this point? You go 9-7 and still get ****ing waxed at home by Denver or KC. You go 8-8 and probably stay home and avoid the embarrassment
ElCheAg
AG
The Texans suck the big one. And I agree with Mr. Bond. Who the f..k cares if they make the playoffs if they're gonna get waxed. I guess McNair and Co. care since they make more money. But I sure as hell don't.
redag06
But at least Brock didn't throw an int, progress right?
titanmaster_race
McNair will point to the playoff appearance as justification for keeping rick and bob
maca1028
I'm souring on BoB pretty quick but I've been wanting limp Rick fired for a long time
Frok
AG
If it weren't for TD's during prevent defense the offensive numbers would be much worse.
bilbobag
Savage has a Staph infection near is elbow. Treating it aggressively
Ag_07
AG
bilbobag said:

Treating it aggressively

So he can play soon?
Pahdz
I would think so he could throw a football in the future

What's up with staph infections and this team? First Watt now Savage? They not doing the laundry enough around there?
phdag
How Rick Smith is still employed is beyond me. Except Watt have an of his picks really payed off?

His free agency acumen is pretty pathetic as well.

maca1028
Other than the 2011 season when he brought in Manning, A. Smith, and J Jo, has he gotten a FA signing right? Also, all this talk from the media about how complicated BoB's offense is , has he ever stopped to think that his guys simply aren't smart enough to figure it out?

Just get rid of everybody, I hate this team.
Ag_07
AG
At first I thought it would suck, but at this point I'd be all for the Cowboys winning a SB here.

Maybe that'll be the punch in the face that makes this franchise realize it needs to clean house and start over.
maca1028
That would be the silver lining but I work with too many displaced obnoxious cowboy fans that would never shut up about it so I really hope it doesn't happen.
TrillOBrien
AG
titanmaster_race said:

McNair will point to the playoff appearance as justification for keeping rick and bob
BoB has done a decent job with what Smith has given him to work with. Keep in mind that getting Osweiller was mainly a decision made by McNair and Rick. Also, keep in mind the lack of depth we have right now is due to Rick Smith's terrible draft execution...which goes back to before BoB even got to town.
TrillOBrien
AG
Ag_07 said:

At first I thought it would suck, but at this point I'd be all for the Cowboys winning a SB here.

Maybe that'll be the punch in the face that makes this franchise realize it needs to clean house and start over.
The last thing we need is Dallas winning a Super Bowl....in our house
nickstro66
AG
I was at the game. I was surprised how many Texans fans were there. Our offense is pathetic. The Packer fans were worried before the game because of how bad their defense is, and we made them look like all-pros.
bilbobag
Charles James released. The slip was the nail in the coffin..
Pahdz
13 weeks too late

As far as Miller's vision goes...imagine if he did have vision, he's got the physical skills. Goes to show how important vision is for a RB.
bilbobag
James was meant to be a special teams player. Has been forced into every down role with injuries. You can see why he's a special teams guy..

I think Miami was onto something with Miller. Miller is playing with 3 different injuries thiugh
W
AG
let's check in with Lamar after 12 weeks...

225 carries for 980 rushing yards & 3 TD's. 4.0 ypc.

28 receptions for 147 yards & 1 TD.

like I posted a while back...he's been good, okay, decent, solid, and so forth. But other than the OT game vs. the Colts and maybe the games vs. the Raiders and Titans; he's been somewhat underwhelming
gougler08
AG
Miller looks like he's trying to be Leveon Bell and wait for holes to open...except they either never open or he doesn't see it so he just ends up not doing much productive
MelvinUdall
To Miller's defense he is playing behind a subpar OL.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.