*** TEXANS 2016 SEASON THREAD ***

137,835 Views | 1614 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Farmer1906
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aggie1906 said:

This seems like "next ex wife" territory to me when it comes to the qb position.
Farmer1906
AG
maca1028 said:

aggie1906 said:

This seems like "next ex wife" territory to me when it comes to the qb position.
If we had Cousins this year we'd have had last week off and we'd be playing the Steelers tomorrow night.
. . .
Bill: I'll be back next season. I'll be the Texans head coach. I have a 5-year contract. This is year three. I need to do a better job. We have a good football team. We need to, overall, do a better job, especially on offense.

I'm tired of answering it. You can't even have a sense of humor about it. You have a sense of humor, people run with that. I'm gonna be the head coach of the Houston Texans. I'm looking forward to working this offseason to improve the team. I enjoy coaching this team. I have great feelings about the guys I coach in the locker room.
bilbobag
Love Peterman.. watched plenty of tape on him
Farmer1906
AG
bilbobag said:

Love Peterman.. watched plenty of tape on him
Any other QBs you love?
oh no
AG
Mahommes?
bilbobag
I expect Godsey to be relieved of his duties. I could be wrong but that is where the neddle is pointing today
shano0603
AG
bilbobag said:

I expect Godsey to be relieved of his duties. I could be wrong but that is where the neddle is pointing today
Is Godsey French for Rick Smith?
Mr.Bond
AG
bilbobag said:

And replaced with another person or OB?
oh no
AG

bilbobag
Feeling is to hire someone outside the organization
bilbobag
Chip Kelly, probably new OC for the Jags
oh no
AG
take it to the off-season thread...

...wait... who's going to start it?
Ryan34
AG
bilbobag said:

Chip Kelly, probably new OC for the Jags

That makes no sense whatsoever.
oh no
AG
there is no magic that any new offensive coordinator can do to make Bortles or Brock good, IMO.
bilbobag
I don't think Brock is a Texan next year
thann07
AG
bilbobag said:

That's some dead $$
oh no
AG
that will be pretty embarrassing for the organization, especially if Slick Rick is still there.
pagerman @ work
AG
thann07 said:

bilbobag said:

That's some dead $$

That money is dead whether he is on the team or not.
Ryan34
AG
oh no said:

there is no magic that any new offensive coordinator can do to make Bortles or Brock good, IMO.

Sure, but why add an OC whose style doesn't fit Bortles at all? Unless they're going to draft Watson maybe?
oh no
AG
yeah; i know. clearly the Jags are thinking beyond Bortles.. and they had already fired their OC months ago...

just thinking about it the other way is kindof humorous though; brock sucks - fire Godsey... bortles sucks - fire Olson. These fired coordinators live and die by whomever the GMs get for them. ...and in case these GMs decide to stick it out with bad QBs like Brock and Bortles, the new OC replacements are walking into temp positions.
Ag_07
AG
Ryan34 said:

oh no said:

Sure, but why add an OC whose style doesn't fit Bortles at all? Unless they're going to draft Watson maybe?

Or Mahommes

Chip Kelly running the offense with a QB of his choosing scares me.
thann07
AG
I was going to edit my original post to say something to that effect.

That said, Brock would be at least a known quantity (albeit terrible) to have on hand. I doubt we see a rookie QB starting.
TrillOBrien
AG
bilbobag said:

How long before Izzo is out of a job
Mr.Bond
AG
bilbobag said:

Chubby in my pants
BBQ4Me
AG
If the Texans released him now vs after next season, would there be any difference in the cap hit for the 2018-19 season?
Buck Compton
AG
UMichAg said:

If the Texans released him now vs after next season, would there be any difference in the cap hit for the 2018-19 season?
There is zero cap hit for 18-19 no matter what is done. That's what everyone has been explaining. The contract was scheduled that way for a reason.
BMX Bandit
Ryan34 said:

oh no said:

People often make the mistake of thinking Chip wants a runner. Look at who he has signed when he had the choices at Philly
oh no
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Ryan34 said:

oh no said:

People often make the mistake of thinking Chip wants a runner. Look at who he has signed when he had the choices at Philly
is it really a mistake? At PHI, he had Foye and Bradford and I don't think he had much choice and at SF, he had an underweight out of shape Kaepernick coming off injury and a vegan diet so was forced to start Gabbert for a while, who is, if you can imagine it's possible right now, worse than Brock and Bortles. His starting QBs at Oregon: all runners:

Marcus Mariota
Derron Thomas
Jeremiah Masoli
Dennis Dixon
Ryan34
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Ryan34 said:

oh no said:

Bortles doesn't have any of the traits that Kelly needs/wants. Accuracy most notably. But I do think Kelly needs a mobile QB, whether he thinks so or not.
BMX Bandit
Don't follow what you mean about "choice".

He traded to get Bradford.
zgood10
AG
bilbobag said:

Agstro
AG
zgood10 said:

bilbobag said:

Yes, this is tremendously good news. If this turns out to be the case, would he be cut before or after early-March?
TrillOBrien
AG
CFTXAG10
AG
"mutually agreed"

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.