*** TEXANS 2016 SEASON THREAD ***

137,847 Views | 1614 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Farmer1906
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here is the video from the Miller first down that was marked 4th and inches. This was our second offensive drive in the first quarter. We punted after a measurement.

shano0603
AG
aTm2004 said:

The first pic, ESPN showed a different angle as well and it was clear to everybody but Asschin.

The 2nd pic is him already on the ground. You need to see something similar to the first pic to know where the ball was when he was down by contact.
The 2nd pick is right where the spot should have been.. On that play he extends the ball further when he's already on the ground.

i also agree the first one was more obvious and I can't believe he didn't challenge.
W
AG
all right, the Steelers helped out the cause tonight. Dropped the Colts to 5-6.

really looks like 9-7 will be good enough to win the division
k20dub
AG
Appreciate the weekly updates.

(Not sarcastic)
W
AG
it's life in the AFC South...a team doesn't have to win that much to make the playoffs
W
AG
AFC South race tightened up today:

Texas 6-5
Titans 6-6
Colts 5-6
Jaguars 3-9

Tennessee is on the bye next week. Texans at Green Bay. Colts at NYJ
W
AG
Brock with 12 TD's and 13 INT's thru 11 games
bilbobag
I felt this was the important game of the season because of where it fell on the schedule.

My thoughts from what I know.

Brock's insufficiecies are greatly limiting what OB and Godsey want to do with the offense. They have scaled it back and Brock still doesn't read his progressions. Mentally, he is all over the place. It's time to run with Savage and let Brock see the offense run from the sidelines and or upstairs. Did it with Fitz and when he came back from that he was a better QB. It's just a matter of OB giving Rick and McNair the finger on a guy they really like. OB and and Brock have a strained relationship. If you want to make anything from this season, you give Savage a shot. I promise the offense scheme would be more productive and creative.

Lastly, on Hop, he is losing the line of scrimmage battle and I am not the only one who can see it. He is struggling to get off the line. Just not the same player as last year.
J. Walter Weatherman
It's becoming clearer every week that OB is a terrible NFL coach. He thinks he's the smartest guy in the building when he's actually in way over his head, which is a terrible combination. We need to lose out so McNair will be forced to make a change.
Ozamataz Buckshank 01
AG
And the Raiders continue to win with Khalil Mack and Derek Carr leading the way. Two players that OB passed on to draft Clowney and a bunch of spares.
MelvinUdall
J. Walter Weatherman said:

It's becoming clearer every week that OB is a terrible NFL coach. He thinks he's the smartest guy in the building when he's actually in way over his head, which is a terrible combination. We need to lose out so McNair will be forced to make a change.

I am having a hard time not questioning your intelligence, and it has nothing to do with your comment about Bob's coaching ability, but that you actually believe he will be fired if the Texans lose out, think about it, Rick Smith got an extension.
bilbobag
You keep OB and either can Rick or reassign him
BMX Bandit
bilbobag said:

Who is picking the players?
bilbobag
This last year it has been more Rick including Brock. OB has given some control back due to things I can't mention. Still involved in telling what he wants.
maca1028
bilbobag said:

Please just can him
BMX Bandit
Thanks
AgsMyDude
AG
WWC2001 said:

And the Raiders continue to win with Khalil Mack and Derek Carr leading the way. Two players that OB passed on to draft Clowney and a bunch of spares.

They have a fantastic nucleus with them
AggieTFA06
AG
Another fine loss due to the incompetence of Bill O'Brien and Rick Smith
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
maca1028
I know I'm a newcomer to this thread but is anyone else in here just about done with football for the year and tired of feeling this way as Aggies and Texans fans just about every single damn November?
Ags #1
AG
If rick is behind the Brock signing then fire his ass today! He has to have pictures of McNair in women's clothing. No other explanation how that guy still
Has a job
LilSebastian13
AG
Bilbo - would OB take the Notre Dame job if they offered? I saw Zierlein saying on twitter OB would be interested. Not that Lance knows all the details but I thought it was at least interesting.
ac
LilSebastian13 said:

Bilbo - would OB take the Notre Dame job if they offered? I saw Zierlein saying on twitter OB would be interested. Not that Lance knows all the details but I thought it was at least interesting.
Given the way that BoB bailed out on Penn State, he doesn't seem like someone that would want to go back to the college ranks.
TrillOBrien
AG
Ags #1 said:

If rick is behind the Brock signing then fire his ass today! He has to have pictures of McNair in women's clothing. No other explanation how that guy still
Has a job
I saw a report before the season began that going after Osweiler was a decision made by the front office and Bob McNair. Part of me feels like BoB wants to put Savage in the game but McNair and company don't want to deal with the embarrassment of benching a $72 million player
Mr.Bond
AG
Ironically enough, brocks qb rating is 72.2..........same as his atrocious contract
Ag_07
AG
The 72mil is so misleading. Only 36mil is guaranteed and if it doesn't work the Texans will be out of it after next year.

IIRC the contract is actually pretty good in terms of the team being able to get out easily.
Diggity
AG
The problem isn't how much he is paid at this point. It's that he's one of the worst starting QB's in the NFL and doesn't appear to be improving.
CFTXAG10
AG
My question is where do you go from here? Apparently BOB is saying he won't change starting QB's. Fine. Lets say Brock finishes the year at the same pace he is currently on and doesn't improve much, if at all, next season. Will the organization be willing to wait that long to make a move for another QB? I think Savage is a good backup but when will we see the organization take another chance like this again?
AgsMyDude
AG
Have to draft a QB early this year.
maca1028
I'd bet a paycheck that won't happen!
Psych
AG
Whose paycheck?
maca1028
Brock's
AggieTFA06
AG
Hennessy11 said:

Have to draft a QB early this year.
Rick Smith is allergic to drafting franchise QBs
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
AG@RICE
AG
bilbobag said:

Lastly, on Hop, he is losing the line of scrimmage battle and I am not the only one who can see it. He is struggling to get off the line. Just not the same player as last year.

I didn't really pay attention to how well Hop got off the line the last few years, so I can't tell if he is worse this year. I know he isn't Andre Johnson on the line, who was unjammable. Hop isn't nearly as big or strong as Andre and he could always be jammed. The real blame still needs to sit on the QB and coach. Hop is still freakishly good at catching contested footballs and he has proved that many times this year. He may not generate acres of separation, but he is getting open. If Brock makes better decisions and is more accurate Hop still has a big game.

If the Texans organization judges Hopkins' value based upon his performance with Brock as QB and they let him walk, they will regret it. With a real QB Hop will be back where he was last year.
W
AG
uh-oh, the Packers actually played a good game tonight at Philadelphia. Will be a very tough game on Sunday
Ags #1
AG
Every game is tough when Brock is the qb, except against the afc south

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.