Dollar is gaining against Euro. That's a small win
I regret to inform you that the discount for Canadian heavy oil has blown out again because our pipelines are essentially full, with WCS trading at almost $25 a barrel less than WTI.
— Heather Exner-Pirot (@ExnerPirot) October 6, 2026
The cost of re-exporting out of the Gulf is prohibitive due to high tanker costsβ¦
This is one of my favorite charts. π
— Chris Martz (@ChrisMartzWX) October 7, 2026
Regular gas prices in π΄ states vs. π΅ states.
Gasoline prices have risen for everyone since the Iran War started in February. There is absolutely no doubt that the blockade in the Strait of Hormuz (which, as of the time I'm writing this,β¦ pic.twitter.com/AujJLB72GD
Sq 17 said:
Jet Fuel was the first thing to spike
It wasn't just poor mgmt that pushed spirit into bankruptcy
Celebrating a rare aviation milestone: Spirit Airlinesβ 4-year-old Airbus A320neos become the youngest jets ever scrapped. What this means for fleets, resale values, and the evolving A320neo landscape. Read the full story: https://t.co/aLHBbqNzLA
— Airline Hub (@AirlineHub1) October 4, 2026
Quote:
The problem with low cost airlines isn't jet fuel, it's that eventually the pilots/crew unions make them...'same costs.'
JEDDAH'S NIGHT SKY TURNS ORANGE as THICK SMOKE CHOKES SAUDI CITY following reports of Yemeni missiles BLASTING ARAMCO OIL FACILITIES β NAYA footage pic.twitter.com/9p5pwCxLLb
— RT (@RT_com) October 6, 2026
This is in Basra, Iraq, in 2023.
— Ahmed (@Ahmed_4846) October 7, 2026
Fake news. pic.twitter.com/7aLb2yXiGg
Kansas Kid said:
I'm slightly surprised we haven't seen a drone attack on Western refineries given how cheap and plentiful they are.
GAC06 said:
Nortex critical of RT? What a world.
yippee2 said:
When USA grabbed Madura from Venezuela- didn't Trump claim all their oil was ours to?
I can't keep up

Dan Scott said:
Airfare is ridiculous. Gas will be about $50 incremental per tank, not too big a deal. But airfare is for a family is up to a 1K
Dollar is gaining against Euro. That's a small win
sts7049 said:
you pick one example of one route and use that to make a determination about trends?
sts7049 said:
you pick one example of one route and use that to make a determination about trends?

nortex97 said:
If airfare is a fair discussion here, I just looked up Dallas-DJT (Palm Beach) and it's under $250 round trip right now, in early December. Outliers/folks who don't plan well of course can always find high airfares but I don't see the 'massive' price increase some have hinted at being common.
If I fly out of McKinney to FLL on the new Avelo airline it's around $130 round trip (economy, haven't flown them but I am intrigued).
TxAG#2011 said:nortex97 said:
If airfare is a fair discussion here, I just looked up Dallas-DJT (Palm Beach) and it's under $250 round trip right now, in early December. Outliers/folks who don't plan well of course can always find high airfares but I don't see the 'massive' price increase some have hinted at being common.
If I fly out of McKinney to FLL on the new Avelo airline it's around $130 round trip (economy, haven't flown them but I am intrigued).
How about this:
RT flight to el paso today was 850
Rt flight to San fran Monday is 900
Rt flight to Virginia on Tuesday is 800
Double what it usually costs. Thanks trump
TxAG#2011 said:
DFW to Houston is cheap? Wow thanks that is a super helpful route

nortex97 said:
Well I dunno but it's still just a 200 buck flight on American in steerage class.
πͺππ₯ ππ‘ π¬ππ ππ‘: π£π₯π’-π¦ππ¨ππ ππ’π₯πππ¦ ππ‘ π§πππ π¦π¨π₯π₯ππ‘πππ₯
— ππ‘π£πππ₯ππ£ π»π£ππ€π€ (@SprinterPress) October 7, 2026
Under the terms of the surrender, the remaining forces in the city β with vehicles but without weapons β are allowed to leave and join their own side. Many have taken advantage of thisβ¦ pic.twitter.com/dacJ3Quip4