*** SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY ***

255,756 Views | 1959 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ol_Ag_02
powerbelly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hope there isn't even a mention of Boba Fett in this movie.

But otherwise I like the ending.
AliasMan02
AG
If Kenobi shows up I like the previous idea given of him just being in the background in Most Eisley, and then show the same scene in Kenobi from the opposite perspective where you can see Han and Chewie in the background.
jackie childs
i loved it...

do we know for sure they aren't going to try to milk this for a 2nd Solo movie?
Flashdiaz
AG
jackie childs said:

i loved it...

always in motion, the future is.
The Collective
AG
jackie childs said:

i loved it...

Hook it up.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
BernArnold said:

wangus12 said:

Any word on a possible Jabba appearance

maybe a slimmer younger Jabba....lol.
He's a wonderful human being.
caleblyn
Who is the team and is there any background for each? Is that Maz?
TCTTS
AG
Definitely isn't Maz. It's a monkey-looking alien with four arms.
TCTTS
AG
maca1028
It's so awesome that we only have to wait just 3.5 months for this!
TCTTS
AG
But then a 19-month wait for Episode IX. Though, honestly, at this point, I'm looking forward to the break.
AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS said:

But then a 19-month wait for Episode IX. Though, honestly, at this point, I'm looking forward to the break.
I was wondering the other day if this isn't a better model. A short wait for the anthology film, followed by a long wait for a saga film.
TCTTS
AG
Would love to see a switch to that model.
YouBet
AG
So, am I the only Star Wars nerd that has no idea what's going on with these dice? I've seen it mentioned in other SW threads and wrote it off as an internet joke.

Were these dice actually in ANH? What is the significance here? I literally had zero knowledge of these dice existing until the last few weeks.

I'm not sure if I should turn in my SW man card or what.....
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
YouBet said:

So, am I the only Star Wars nerd that has no idea what's going on with these dice? I've seen it mentioned in other SW threads and wrote it off as an internet joke.

Were these dice actually in ANH? What is the significance here? I literally had zero knowledge of these dice existing until the last few weeks.

do you watch SW movies? jk.... kinda.

the dice were hanging in the Falcon during TFA.... and apparently JJ filmed a scene but it was cut where Han hung them back up there when he got the Falcon back.

and in TLJ Luke noticed we he got on the Falcon for the first time in 30+ years, and then later handed them to Leia (although it turned out thy were a projection)

now way back in SW :ANH the dice were there too but never mentioned... seen in only one shot actually.

what they actually mean or how he got them we have no idea.

but now they've been spotted in theSolo trailer in the little speeder he was driving.
YouBet
AG
BernArnold said:

YouBet said:

do you watch SW movies? jk.... kinda.

the dice were hanging in the Falcon during TFA.... and apparently JJ filmed a scene but it was cut where Han hung them back up there when he got the Falcon back.

and in TLJ Luke noticed we he got on the Falcon for the first time in 30+ years, and then later handed them to Leia (although it turned out thy were a projection)

now way back in SW :ANH the dice were there too but never mentioned... seen in only one shot actually.

what they actually mean or how he got them we have no idea.

but now they've been spotted in theSolo trailer in the little speeder he was driving.

Thanks. Yes, I now recall the bold above and remember thinking back to TexAgs while watching the movie that I had seen commentary on these dice.

At least no one else knows the backstory here. I was thinking it was some major plot device I had somehow missed over the years with my 1000+ viewings.
FTACO97
AG
caleblyn said:

Who is the team and is there any background for each? Is that Maz?
I thought this too....
AliasMan02
AG
The dice were used in the Sabaac game that won Han the Falcon. There is a random component to the wild cards at play with the dice.

At least, that has previously been the explanation. They'll certainly factor into Solo and the winning of the Falcon from Lando.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What is Han's best line?
redline248
AG
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

What is Han's best line?

"I know"

AliasMan02
AG
Fake/impersonated Gambino track about Lando. NSFW language but it's really good. Passable as a Gambino track.

YouBet
AG
More and more I'm realizing how out of touch I am with pop culture. I had no idea that Donald Glover was Childish Gambino until right now. On that note, I had never heard of Childish Gambino until I happened to see his performance at the Grammy's this year which was the only redeeming quality of that show this year.

GD I'm old.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Underrated:

"Shut him up or shut him down!"
boogieman
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

What is Han's best line?
Han: "Keep your distance Chewie but don't look like you're trying to keep your distance."
Chewbacca: "Ngyargh yargh."
Han: "I don't know...fly casual."

I don't know if it's the best, but this always gets a chuckle outta me.

That and from Empire:

"Then I'll see you in hell!"
TCTTS
AG
Reading all these quotes, something I just realized... what made Harrison Ford so good was his ability to leave you with no doubt that Han himself was thinking up those lines right then and there. And yes, in some instances, Ford was doing just that. But sometimes even with the best actors, in the back of your mind, you can tell on a subconscious level that they've memorized whatever it is they're saying. That they're *performing*. But Han never once felt like that. It wasn't a performance, and he wasn't even a character. He was a real dude, just from a galaxy far, far away.
YouBet
AG
Im going to nominate this exchange with Leia as my favorite because it hits home in real life so hard:

Solo:. No time to discuss this as a committee.
Leia:. I AM NOT A COMMITTEE!!
TCTTS
AG
I've watched The Phantom Menace trailer so many times that even all these years later all I can think when I hear the words "comitee" and "Star Wars" is Queen Amidala yelling, "I was not elected to watch my people suffer and die while you discuss this invasion in a committee!"
Laser Wolf
What's with the big luxurious fur coats that Han and Lando wear?

jokershady
AG
Leia: I'd just as soon kiss a Wookiee.

Han: *pointy finger* I can arrange that! YOU COULD USE A GOOD KISS!
jokershady
AG
Entertaining and touches on a few things mentioned here...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Madmarttigan
AG
Am I the only one completely uninterested in this movie? Particularly since no one will ever live up to Harrison Ford as solo?

Only one direction to go with the character imo, and I think his absence was pretty glaring from TLJ.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

What is Han's best line?

Leia: Why you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking...nerfherder!
Han: Who's scruffy looking?
Thanks and gig'em
Belton Ag
AG
YouBet said:

More and more I'm realizing how out of touch I am with pop culture. I had no idea that Donald Glover was Childish Gambino until right now. On that note, I had never heard of Childish Gambino until I happened to see his performance at the Grammy's this year which was the only redeeming quality of that show this year.

GD I'm old.
I'm so old that I still don't have a clue what that is nor do I have any desire to find out.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.