*** SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY ***

256,180 Views | 1959 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ol_Ag_02
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Malachi Constant
AG
The Collective
AG
Blatant Disregard said:

edit for the above

Don't make me kill you.
AGGies0311
Ewen McGregor, Billy Dee, and Ray Park was at the premiere. So based off the last movie we may get a cameo of Obi wan, Maul, or a father of Lando.....
The Collective
AG
I assume we will get a fresh batch of non-spoiler reactions today.
TCTTS
AG
Saxsoon
AG
TCTTS said:

Damn that is brutal
Sex Panther
AG
So spot on
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Guess the embargo lifted today.

Koldus131
AG
Currently at a 71% on Rotten Tomatoes with 65 reviews so far. Would like to see it get in the 75-80% range
Carlo4
AG
Koldus131 said:

Currently at a 71% on Rotten Tomatoes with 65 reviews so far. Would like to see it get in the 75-80% range

Any specific reason? I'm only hoping there is some line in Vegas where you can bet on this. That would be awesome.
Carlo4
AG
Heard a little Air Force One in him when mentioning the chair.
The Collective
AG
Koldus131 said:

The Disney wall has been broken.

Expectations absolutely managed, which means I will probably have a great time.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is disappointing.
TCTTS
AG
"Fun" is all I've ever expected or cared about with this one, and it at least seams to be that. While I never thought it'd be bad, and said as much over the past year or so, I never anticipated it to be a truly great Star Wars movie either. A Han Solo prequel always had a ceiling.

With Star Wars in general I'm kind of in a state of flux anyway. It's almost a numbness. After the disappointments of both TFA and TLJ, I'm now just hoping Abrams delivers something mildly entertaining with Episode IX - something that at least ends the Skywalker Saga on a relatively high note - but I no longer have any grand expectations. Kenobi of course has the potential to be amazing - I'm still hoping for Lawrence of Arabia in space - but who knows how that one will turn out. I still know next to nothing about the filmmakers, and the lack of an official announcement by now is somewhat concerning, but maybe Lucasfilm has learned their lesson not to say anything until they're absolutely certain they have the right story/director.

At this point, the Benioff & Weiss movies are the ones I'm truly excited for. I'm willing to give Johnson another shot and see what he can do when he isn't restricted by the events/characters of a previous movie, but the B&W movies for me are the ones I'll likely get (probably too) hyped for. In other words, I'm more than ready for the current era to be over and done with - the saga films and these prequel/origin stories alike - and move onto whatever the next phase of Star Wars is going to be, one not beholden to the past.
Koldus131
AG
I think that range is probably where I'll walk out after I see it and it will have exceeded my expectations
Farmer1906
AG

Quote:

After the disappointments of both TFA and TLJ,
You mean the two movies that have a RT score of 93 & 91, a Metacritic score of 95 & 85, and are #1 & #7 in the box officer all time?
wangus12
AG
And like all other movies, I could care less what RTs said (unless of course its 93%). Movie looks like a pretty good ride so far.
Silvertaps
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Quote:

You mean the two movies that have a RT score of 93 & 91, a Metacritic score of 95 & 85, and are #1 & #7 in the box officer all time?

Agree with TCTTS...they were both just meh. Perhaps because my expectations were so high comparing them to the originals. Or perhaps it means RottenTomotes is telling me I don't like movies anymore.
FancyKetchup14
AG
I enjoyed TFA, thought it was as good of a "reboot/continuation" as it could be. But TLJ was very underwhelming.
TCTTS
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Quote:

In what way did I suggest that I was referring to popular opinion? I was clearly referring to my own personal opinion.
Hagen95
AG
You've already set yourself up for disappointment if you expect Disney to make a Lawrence of Arabia in space.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Let's be perfectly honest: did anyone really think that they would be giving this movie an "A" when they saw it? With everything stacked against this film, I've always felt that this could very well be a "C+" movie. I would hope that Howard could mold this script and the material already filmed into a "B" grade.

All that I am hoping for with this film is that my kids and I have fun.

I can't help but draw parallels with Solo and Justice League: both had troubled productions with a new director coming in late to do what he could to try and salvage it. I could tell from the trailers that Justice League was too far gone to be saved and, after watching it, that was confirmed. Try as I could to just enjoy it, I couldn't.

However, the trailers and footage from Solo leave me much more encouraged that it could have turned out to at least be fun.
twilly
AG
Donald Glover's Lando Calrissian Is Getting His Own 'Star Wars' Spinoff, Teases Kathleen Kennedy

Well, here we go...
The Collective
AG
I've said this multiple times, but Disney is going to make me hate Star Wars.
brents1975
More sources reporting the story. I hope this doesnt end up being true... Lando is a really good supporting character. I really dont care to see an entire movie about him. I guess this could change after seeing Solo

Katheleen Kennedy: "We think that the next spin-off will be dedicated to Lando Calrissian"

Link to Story
"That's a loss for our football team." - Dennis Franchione
wangus12
AG
I agree. He is a fun side character, but I don't need a story for him
GoAgs92
AG
Boba Fett Prequel sounds better.
ottc777
GoAgs92 said:

No it doesn't. The guy hardly talks unless he's a stupid kid saying 'get him, hehehehe'

At least Lando could be a character arc going from scummy scoundrel to responsible owner and proprietor of an upscale mining guild in the sky.
tamusc
AG
ottc777 said:

GoAgs92 said:

No it doesn't. The guy hardly talks unless he's a stupid kid saying 'get him, hehehehe'

At least Lando could be a character arc going from scummy scoundrel to responsible owner and proprietor of an upscale mining guild in the sky.
And being a leading droid manufacturer.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Hagen95 said:

You've already set yourself up for disappointment if you expect Disney to make a Lawrence of Arabia in space.
Alone in space, only with a spacesuit, Han sees something off in the distance. how many parsecs is that??

the "horizon" seems to shimmer as is gets closer. Wait is there a horizon in space. Closer, Closer. Is that a guy on a camel? No it is Lando in the Millennium Falcon.
brents1975
UPDATE: PREMIERE RETRACTS QUOTES SAYING KATHLEEN KENNEDY THINKS THE NEXT STAR WARS SPINOFF WILL BE ABOUT LANDO CALRISSIAN

So she was misquoted. lmao

Link lol
"That's a loss for our football team." - Dennis Franchione
twilly
AG
brents1975 said:

UPDATE: PREMIERE RETRACTS QUOTES SAYING KATHLEEN KENNEDY THINKS THE NEXT STAR WARS SPINOFF WILL BE ABOUT LANDO CALRISSIAN

So she was misquoted. lmao

Link lol
So Kennedy not only has a problem figuring out who should direct Star Wars films, she can't even make up her mind on what Star Wars films to make. Geeze Louise!
The Collective
AG
Kathleen is making $, but she needs to be fired for lack of vision. She is slowly ruining the property. It's exactly the opposite to what is happening with the Marvel brand.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
I probably only want one more Han movie. The Obi-Wan movie ( or 2 ) and that is it on "current" character.

I want Old Republic or other side stories after that. Lando can show up in the Obi-wan movies if they want to hype on him.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.