*** SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY ***

258,553 Views | 1959 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ol_Ag_02
Chipotlemonger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tv1113 said:

I like what I see from everyone else except for Han Solo. Everything I've seen from him feels completely off.

I had the same feeling from the trailer just now. But part of me wonders whether that matters or not. No one is really going to stack up the Harrison Ford's Solo.

That being said, seems like Donald Glover is going to kill this role (as expected).
fig96
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

tv1113 said:

I like what I see from everyone else except for Han Solo. Everything I've seen from him feels completely off.

I had the same feeling from the trailer just now. But part of me wonders whether that matters or not. No one is really going to stack up the Harrison Ford's Solo.

That being said, seems like Donald Glover is going to kill this role (as expected).
I'm expecting massive fan demand for a Lando film after this.
The Collective
AG
Whoa.
Madmarttigan
AG
Yeah I'm sure it will be massively successful no matter who plays solo but he doesn't look, act, talk or do anything similar to Ford. Just don't see what they apparently saw in him.
AMW2010
AG
I've got a great feeling about this.... makes me wanna know what happened at that moment, because from there on, he always had a bad feeling about things... lol also whys the falcon look so different in the front? There is no gap
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
tv1113 said:

Yeah I'm sure it will be massively successful no matter who plays solo but he doesn't look, act, talk or do anything similar to Ford. Just don't see what they apparently saw in him.

I'm kinda glad.

I mean I think an impersonation would have been horrible. You can't pull that off either.

Now he certainly does not have the voice. I think he has the acting chops as they say, to pull off the attitude and swagger. Hopefully we just have not seen that as much in the previews. the stature and presence are another area that is almost impossible.

But if someone were just out there doing a great impersonation I think I would be annoyed as well.

We'll see. I remain hopeful.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Think this was discussed a while back on one of these threads. Something about a freight conversion or other on the front end?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Alright, this might actually be good.

I am digging the banter between Han and Chewie. "You're 190 years old? You look great."

Also, my thoughts after the first trailer are even more solidified - Lando is gonna be awesome.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I loved that as well.
Ag Since 83
AG
That actually looks really fun

The music at the beginning...wow
jokershady
AG
Big shot gangster!?

Putting together a crew!?

Jabba the Hutt PLEASE be Jabba
jokershady
AG
This. Always loved seeing Han and Chewie on screen together.

If this is any indication of how things will be between them I can't wait.

Plus I agree with everyone else, Lando looks like he'll be great in every scene he's in.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Looks fun.

You know what? Stop with the main storyline films (TFA, TLJ.....) and just make these one-off spin-off movies. A Lando film, a Kenobi film watching over Luke, etc.
Liquid Wrench
TFA is on TNT right now and I was just thinking the same thing. Let's go back to a time before they wiped out all those system planets, wiped out the fleet, and threw the whole narrative away. Rogue One was a great movie and this looks fun. Just give me more of this.
maca1028
This looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun...a Star Wars western/gangster movie of sorts.
The Collective
AG
Who is doing the droid's voice?
Belton Ag
AG
In another month I'll be going to the theater to see a Star Wars movie.

Seriously, being born in the early 70's was such a blessing; I've been able to see such cool **** in my time.
Presley OBannons Sword
Chipotlemonger said:

Think this was discussed a while back on one of these threads. Something about a freight conversion or other on the front end?

Han made a few special modifications himself.
AliasMan02
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

Looks fun.

You know what? Stop with the main storyline films (TFA, TLJ.....) and just make these one-off spin-off movies. A Lando film, a Kenobi film watching over Luke, etc.

They've literally already announced that's the plan after Ep IX.

I mean, I'm sure we'll see more saga films eventually, but it's YEARS away. Maybe decades.
AliasMan02
AG
This movie looks DOOOOOPE! Gonna see a lot more Chewie as a top billing character, it seems, which is great. And it looks like we'll see his family for the first time ever, which is double great.

I think the casting of Han will work out fine. As others have said, having someone just impersonated Ford would have been kinda lame. New kid will be fine.

Very excited for this.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

And it looks like we'll see his family for the first time ever, which is double great.
Sounds like somebody hasn't seen the Star Wars Holiday Special.
AliasMan02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

And it looks like we'll see his family for the first time ever, which is double great.
Sounds like somebody hasn't seen the Star Wars Holiday Special.

What Holiday Special? Lucas has assured us there is no such thing. Try to post or sell a copy online and you'll have men in suits show up with a letter explaining just that.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
AliasMan02 said:

This movie looks DOOOOOPE! Gonna see a lot more Chewie as a top billing character, it seems, which is great. And it looks like we'll see his family for the first time ever, which is double great.

I think the casting of Han will work out fine. As others have said, having someone just impersonated Ford would have been kinda lame. New kid will be fine.

Very excited for this.

Ummm....we've seen Chewie's family.

Lumpy lives!!!!

lol

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
jokershady said:

Big shot gangster!?

Doubtful... in fact on rewatch it very much appears that they are referring to the scarred face man that they show in close-up while that line is said and just before in full length.

MGS
tv1113 said:

He looks too short to be Han Solo.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
MGS said:

tv1113 said:

He looks too short to be Han Solo.

He is but..... Emilia Clark is really short too so..... maybe they can make him appear taller than he is.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Height talk kinda reminds me of this....this old cast photo of the OT cast always cracked me up......

Harrison is really tall but looks normal here next to Vader and Chewie.
Carrie is really really small....except next to R2D2.
Mark is hurt by depth perception but is also fairly short.

jokershady
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

jokershady said:

Big shot gangster!?

Doubtful... in fact on rewatch it very much appears that they are referring to the scarred face man that they show in close-up while that line is said and just before in full length.

oh I caught that. Wishful thinking (but doubtful) that guy is someone else and they're referring to the Hutt.

Also hopeful (and could be more likely) that the guy shown will be discovered is someone working for Jabba and ties him to the story that way.
wangus12
AG
InternetFan02
AG
Looks great. They appear to have everything right except for the Han Solo actor. I may just pretend he's a totally different person in the Star Wars universe as I watch. Maybe they won't do too much to try and tie him to the Harrison ford version.
TCTTS
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

tv1113 said:

I'm kinda glad.

I mean I think an impersonation would have been horrible. You can't pull that off either.

Now he certainly does not have the voice. I think he has the acting chops as they say, to pull off the attitude and swagger. Hopefully we just have not seen that as much in the previews. the stature and presence are another area that is almost impossible.

But if someone were just out there doing a great impersonation I think I would be annoyed as well.

We'll see. I remain hopeful.

I think I'm coming around to this. A spot-on impersonation may have been just as bad. Instead, it's just a slightly alternate take on the character, which allows Ehrenreich to hopefully make it his own.

Either way, overall, this continues to look like a ton of fun and I can't wait.
TCTTS
AG
AgMarauder04
AG
Yeah, I'm coming around. It looks pretty fun.
The Collective
AG
This movie is quietly sneaking up on us, and that trailer just looks plain fun. We might be in for a surprise.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.