*** SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY ***

255,961 Views | 1959 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ol_Ag_02
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

jokershady said:

Duncan Idaho said:

I would love to see a Darth Vader origin story. Why haven't they done that?

The only thing that comes close is that wierd out of nowhere jump cut to Vader waking up at the end of that set of movies that follow that stereotypical caricature of a millennial through the end of the old republic who melted like a snowflake when he didn't get his way.

I don't get why you they went through all of the trouble to make those movies if they weren't going to explore the origin of Darth Vader especially when they teased it at the end.
well done
jokershady
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

jokershady said:

Duncan Idaho said:

I would love to see a Darth Vader origin story. Why haven't they done that?

The only thing that comes close is that wierd out of nowhere jump cut to Vader waking up at the end of that set of movies that follow that stereotypical caricature of a millennial through the end of the old republic who melted like a snowflake when he didn't get his way.

I don't get why you they went through all of the trouble to make those movies if they weren't going to explore the origin of Darth Vader especially when they teased it at the end.

jokershady
AG
And yes, this is why I personally want a Darth Vader movie.

Specifically centering around the early time when after becoming Vader. Hell, you can start with showing more detail on his suit and *****
AliasMan02
AG
Tough to pull off a movie where the protagonist can't emote.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Also need a solid James Earl Jones imitation. He's closing in on 90 years old, and while he managed to appear in Rogue One, it was apparent his voice was weakening even though he didn't have many lines.
ottc777
AliasMan02 said:

The Twilight movies with Kristen Stewart were successful.
AliasMan02
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Also need a solid James Earl Jones imitation. He's closing in on 90 years old, and while he managed to appear in Rogue One, it was apparent his voice was weakening even though he didn't have many lines.

Other media has done a pretty good job, I think.
TCTTS
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BiAPwqFBSmI
Living Legend
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Tom Hardy as Bane/in Dunkirk.
israeliag
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Andy holy **** now I need an Alex Garland helmed Vader movie.
Liquid Wrench
Living Legend said:

AliasMan02 said:

You could add Tom Hardy in The Drop.
redline248
AG
V for Vendetta
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AliasMan02
AG
Living Legend said:

AliasMan02 said:

There's a huge difference between this and other examples and not being able to see any part of the main character's face. Hardy, Urban in Dredd, etc. all have at least something to work with. Stallone in Dredd almost never wore the helmet.

I think you'd have to craft a story where Vader was the main character, but the audience is taken through the story by a proxy... a henchman or servant or whatever.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
As long as we get more of Rogue One hallway Vader, I'm all in.
jokershady
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Living Legend said:

AliasMan02 said:

There's a huge difference between this and other examples and not being able to see any part of the main character's face. Hardy, Urban in Dredd, etc. all have at least something to work with. Stallone in Dredd almost never wore the helmet.

I think you'd have to craft a story where Vader was the main character, but the audience is taken through the story by a proxy... a henchman or servant or whatever.
Agree with needing a proxy character.

It's not like we'd get (or want) to see Vader getting out of bed, exiting a bathroom, etc.

Every scene he'd be in he'd have to be VADER. So having an additional character would be key.

In addition, I do think it'd be possible to get his voice pretty much dead on...find someone similar and with sound editing should be able to nail it.....cause I agree James Earl Jones probably just wouldn't be up to it.
AliasMan02
AG
I see two possible ways to do the Vader Jedi hunting movie. One would be to center it on the 501st, his personal legion. I really want a movie with clones and this could be interesting as the division recruits non-clones.

Second would be to give Vader a Starkiller-style assassin or even a military officer who carries out his commands and run the film through that character. Inquisitors maybe.
TCTTS
AG
A lot of new footage...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nice.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
"You're gonna need a nickname, cause I'm not saying that every time."

A little on the nose? Do we really need an origin story for "Chewie"?
Urban Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Nice.
I haven't been this amped up since Rogue One. You?

I know you didn't want this one Spilner but it's looking better and better. Admit it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The trailer changed my mind about this movie pretty quickly.
TXAG 05
AG
TCTTS said:

A lot of new footage...

I assume everyone noticed the dice in this one
3 William 56
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

The one with Sabotage as the theme song did it for me.
jackie childs
3 William 56 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

The one with Sabotage as the theme song did it for me.
everything is better with Sabotage in the background
TCTTS
AG
Duncan Idaho
This might end up being the star wars movie I always wanted.

One thing I loved about rogue one that this movie seems to get is that it shows how horrible life under the empire would have been.

I never really got the impression in the OT of just how bad the day to day life would have been under the empire.

Edited to fix an rather important word.
AgMarauder04
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

One thing I loved about rogue one that this movie seems to get is that it shows how horrible life under the republic would have been.

I never really got the impression in the OT of just how bad the day to day life would have been under the empire.

Isn't the empire ruling in both RO and HS?
Belton Ag
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

One thing I loved about rogue one that this movie seems to get is that it shows how horrible life under the republic would have been.

I was beginning to wonder if I was just missing the joke or something. You never know if this guy is trolling, joking or serious.
The Collective
AG
I will like this movie as long as they don't use the crappy version of the force theme that they play in their trailers.
TCTTS
AG
That's been my only complaint with the marketing so far. That reworked theme is so bad.
The Collective
AG
I know I've said this, but it sounds like a midi file with a base line.
Duncan Idaho
AgMarauder04 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Yes. Which is why I said that this movie and ro got it. While the ot didn't really do a good job of showing how bad the day to day life would have been.

Life on Tatooine look like it sucked because it was life on Tatooine not because it was life under the empire.

Rogue one did a good job of showing how ****y life was under the empire. And it looks like this movie will too.

In the ot, the day to day life for most people seemed ok. As long as you kept your head down and were a human, life was tolerable.

Think a non-jew in pre-41 Nazi Germany (ot) vs Pol pot's Cambodia or life during the cultural revolution (ro/hs)

I am sure you will bring up alderon but again that doesn't show how ****y day to day life was under the empire.
AgMarauder04
AG
You said Republic...which I think it what caused the confusion.
Duncan Idaho
AgMarauder04 said:

You said Republic...which I think it what caused the confusion.

My mistake.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.