*** SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY ***

255,288 Views | 1959 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ol_Ag_02
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gomerschlep said:

Just saw it with the kid. Theater about 1/3 full. I thought it was pretty good, and all the people *****ing about the L3 stuff need to take a Xanax and turn off Fox News.

Yeah.... I loved L3...... dying.
AggieLumberjack
AG
I thought it was pretty good.
The Collective
AG
I didn't think L3 felt the least bit SJW; I just thought it was a ****ty droid. Tough act to follow though as BB-8 & K2 are both great.
Laser Wolf
I saw it. Thought it was meh. Chewy was the only good part. Lando mourning over his robot was stupid.
maca1028
Loved it! Favorite of all the new ones! Not gonna let y'all convince me otherwise!
TCTTS
AG
Interesting idea I hadn't considered. The Boba Fett movie as a Solo sequel makes a lot of sense...

agracer
AG
is Maul now part of the Obi Wan Kenobi movie and the meeting on Tantoine?

Also, someone tell Disney to let Ron Howard do more SW movies and keep Rian Johnson the hell away. This was one of the best SW movies in a long time. At least as good as R1 if not better.
SeattleAgJr
TCTTS said:

Interesting idea I hadn't considered. The Boba Fett movie as a Solo sequel makes a lot of sense...

well, according to current canon, Fett is still in the Sarlaac pit. (no Darth Maul resurrection, yet).

Could be the first Star Wars zombie movie. :-)

I would think it would have to be a sequel of sorts of Han Solo, as the only way it could work, with him running into Maul/Crimson Dawn. Wrapping up with Kenobi, if that even gets made at this point, where they could redo the final encounter of the two.
TCTTS
AG
Huh? Boba Fett dies in Return of the Jedi. A Solo sequel would still take place before A New Hope.
Jim01
AG
I think they are referring to the fact that the tweet says "or after the original Star Wars trilogy"
SeattleAgJr
TCTTS said:

Huh? Boba Fett dies in Return of the Jedi. A Solo sequel would still take place before A New Hope.
your link and the article mentions "after the original SW trilogy", which is ROTJ.
TCTTS
AG
Gotcha.
AliasMan02
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

TCTTS said:

well, according to current canon, Fett is still in the Sarlaac pit. (no Darth Maul resurrection, yet).

Could be the first Star Wars zombie movie. :-)

I would think it would have to be a sequel of sorts of Han Solo, as the only way it could work, with him running into Maul/Crimson Dawn. Wrapping up with Kenobi, if that even gets made at this point, where they could redo the final encounter of the two.

Maul's resurrection and how that came to be is canon. He and Kenobi can't encounter each other in the timeframe of a Kenobi movie, as Maul thinks Kenobi is dead for a few more years. That story has been spelled out. Their final duel would be awesome to see live action with Ewan and Park, though.
SeattleAgJr
That makes no sense. They could just recreate that scene as part of a Kenobi movie.

The Kenobi movie does not just have to be one specific story it could be one story told over several different time frames. And inserting that encounter is a pretty simple addition.
AliasMan02
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

That makes no sense. They could just recreate that scene as part of a Kenobi movie

Would be tough to do without involving Ezra, at least. Not sure they could write around him being involved. And to include Ezra, you'd have to open a whole other can of worms.

Besides, I'm sure the new team will want to create their own story, not reshoot something that exists.
AliasMan02
AG
I doubt they use the Kenobi movie to tell a bunch of short stories, but that could be pretty cool.
Flashdiaz
AG
I hope the story group has a plan for Maul and he wasn't just put in because it would be neat. After how loose the framework is for Episodes 7,8,9... I'm not very optimistic.

Regardless, Solo is a fun film. Saw it twice and think I liked it better the second time.
SeattleAgJr
That's part of the problem. The story group is there to help and to work on consistency across all the stories. But they are not the drivers of the primary stories.

That's why JJ and Ryan both got to have such a huge impact on the story. Same thing with Colin before he was fired. Each of them were allowed to have primary control of the scripts.

Personally, I wish the story group had taken on an oversight role early in the process.
SeattleAgJr
AliasMan02 said:

I doubt they use the Kenobi movie to tell a bunch of short stories, but that could be pretty cool.

It can still be one overarching story but told has several smaller vignettes. You know start with him being on Tatooine year 5 then maybe year 10 then maybe 15.

A main storyline could wind through the smaller stories.
Redstone
AG
Hopefully Leia will be in the works soon.

It is time.

wangus12
AG
I mean Rogue 1 had Jyn Erso as the lead and the new trilogy has Rey. That guy is not observant
Azariah
AG
TCTTS said:

Boba Fett falls into the Sarlacc pit on RotJ. No one said anything about him dying. If they can resurrect Darth Maul after falling down a mine shaft in two pieces, Boba Fett can crawl his way out of a stationary monster's gullet.
Azariah
AG
Redstone said:

It is time.

Leia is too well covered in the books. There isn't much else to tell about her that isn't already canon.
Azariah
AG
Flashdiaz said:

I hope the story group has a plan for Maul and he wasn't just put in because it would be neat. After how loose the framework is for Episodes 7,8,9... I'm not very optimistic.

Regardless, Solo is a fun film. Saw it twice and think I liked it better the second time.
There is a lot of story associated with Maul. It's just revealed in other media. It makes complete sense and falls in line with what is known about him.
djmeen95
AG
Finally saw Solo and I loved it. The best way I can describe it is that it was such a fun movie. I'll see it again!
Farmer1906
AG
wangus12 said:

I mean Rogue 1 had Jyn Erso as the lead and the new trilogy has Rey. That guy is not observant

Someone always takes the bait.
Farmer1906
AG
Azariah said:

TCTTS said:

Boba Fett falls into the Sarlacc pit on RotJ. No one said anything about him dying. If they can resurrect Darth Maul after falling down a mine shaft in two pieces, Boba Fett can crawl his way out of a stationary monster's gullet.

Details are fuzzy since it's been awhile but there is a novel that basically confirm his death. Someone else takes his armor.
PacoPicoPiedra
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Azariah said:

TCTTS said:

Details are fuzzy since it's been awhile but there is a novel that basically confirm his death. Someone else takes his armor.

I'm certain Boba Fett escaped the Sarlaac. If he hasn't, it'd be hard to imagine anyone would risk, literally, going into the belly of the beast to retrieve Boba Fett's armor. There is a book that tells the story of his escape, 'A Barve Like That' by JD Montgomery, and Disney/Lucasfilm have accepted the story, so it is officially canon, Boba Fett lives.
Conspiracies are the norm, not the exception.
FincAggie06
AG
Saw SOLO yesterday. Fun flick, nothing earth shattering, but helped remove the taste of TLJ out of my mouth and that counts for a lot.
YellowPot_97
AG
Redstone said:

It is time.

**** off troll
Redstone
AG
I've been thinking about Kathleen Kennedy's efforts to diversify the franchise for some time, and there's no question some progress has been made, despite the choices for director.

There's also a lot of room for improvement. Hopefully the failure of Solo to quickly cross $100 million will force a reassessment. Lots of good criticism out there about how to progress even more...
https://www.bustle.com/p/star-wars-infamous-diversity-problem-is-summed-up-in-this-one-cutting-tweet-8133415/amp
SeattleAgJr
That is not part of the new Canon.
AliasMan02
AG
Was about to say that. Fett is dead according to Aftermath. Doesn't mean they can't write around it if they wanted, but currently he's out of the picture.
jokershady
AG
Found this to be pretty interesting

MBAR
AG
It's making less money because of its release time. People only have so much to spend at the movies and the past month was full of things I'd see before Solo.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.