*** SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY ***

256,197 Views | 1959 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ol_Ag_02
MrPlow2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I read on Reddit that one of the pirate/rebel aliens was also in Rogue One in a scene transporting Jynn. I'll have to try and catch it on another viewing.
The Collective
AG
Well, the anti-kathleen OT fans already drummed up the idea that L3 was a SJW droid. So, that is the level of intellect we are dealing with when you see the movie getting a terrible audience reviews immediately.

The Collective
AG
MrPlow2010 said:

I read on Reddit that one of the pirate/rebel aliens was also in Rogue One in a scene transporting Jynn. I'll have to try and catch it on another viewing.

The dude with the breathing tubes?
allycakes
Saw Solo last night with my son and his friend. We all enjoyed it, and we had a good post movie discussion about Darth Maul..
"SW Rebels spoiler": Now that Maul has shown up post Ep. I in a movie, and with story arcs in both Clone Wars and Rebels, any chance we get some other Rebels characters in a future movie? Would be interesting to see Ashoka, Ezra, Zeb, and Sabine show up in Ep. IX
MrPlow2010
AG
Yeah, that guy. I think his name is Two tubes or something.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I knew that guy looked familiar. Good catch.
The Collective
AG
I have zero doubt they have something up their sleeve with Ezra & Thrawn.
Farmer1906
AG
allycakes said:

Saw Solo last night with my son and his friend. We all enjoyed it, and we had a good post movie discussion about Darth Maul..
"SW Rebels spoiler": Now that Maul has shown up post Ep. I in a movie, and with story arcs in both Clone Wars and Rebels, any chance we get some other Rebels characters in a future movie? Would be interesting to see Ashoka, Ezra, Zeb, and Sabine show up in Ep. IX
That doesn't make a lot of sense to me since they're not in any of the OT.
Flashdiaz
AG
Spoilers obviously,which we shouldn't even need to do in this thread anymore anyways. Regardless....

I wonder what their endgame is with Maul. He was given great treatment in rebels but now he's been reintroduced to the films only crowd as someone significant who will have to be dealt with. If he is in the obiwan movies, are they going to reenact rebels?

Oh and I liked the throw away line that Beck pushed Aura Sing off a cliff.
Farmer1906
AG
Is Kira going to be a force user?
boogieman
AG
MrPlow2010 said:

This guy, Benthic I think is his name.
The Collective
AG
Farmer1906 said:

We found Rey's mom /clol
Farmer1906
AG
CJS4715 said:

Farmer1906 said:

We found Rey's mom /clol
Grandma?

She's going to fall in love with Obi on Tatooine. I can see it now.
TajMaballer
AG
Paul Bettany was my personal favorite part of this movie. He played a pretty good Bond villain.
The Collective
AG
Might be a little too young. Don't want to work out the math.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
They also mentioned when they are arguing whether Han and Chewie should go on the train raid at the beginning that they should have contacted Bossk.

Also, regarding L3, I thought it was a nice twist to have a female voice for a droid, since I'm not sure I remember ever hearing one. I thought her character just seemed a little try-hard for comic relief though.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Farmer1906 said:

What would make you think that?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
TajMaballer said:

Paul Bettany was my personal favorite part of this movie. He played a pretty good Bond villain.

Looks like Thanos really did a number on him.
Simplebay
AG
ooook.... so it's very obvious TC out-hypes himself.

There is noooo way this is the 3rd best SW movie ever haha, pump the brakes on the blue milk kool aid. Tracking at 6.9 on imdb. Avg of what... 7.5 tops in this thread?

I mean... it was fun. Acting was great. Plot was decent. Stakes were so low though it was VERY cookie cutter when you strip it away.

Fun spoiler:

Beckett killing Aurra Sing (was that her daughter who was the pirate in the end?)
TajMaballer
AG
14.1 million Thursday. 130-150 million 4-day estimate from this article. I've seen as low as sub 100 million which would be Justice League level bad. Going to need good legs if we want to see a Solo 2. That's not to say that Disney wouldn't shell out the money if they are happy with the movie.

http://deadline.com/2018/05/solo-a-star-wars-weekend-box-office-1202397848/
Farmer1906
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Farmer1906 said:

What would make you think that?
Because she's going to be working closely with Maul.

I don't think that she will, but I think its a possibility and want to get the pulse of everyone else.
Farmer1906
AG
I figured out why Solo wasn't off the charts for me. At the heart of it it is a heist movie, right? The train heist is solid. We have sacrifice, we have a crazy ass train with tons of action, we have pirates, we have Han taking over the piloting, and then we have the call back to A New Hope when Han drops his cargo. Great scene.

Well the Kessel run and main heist of the movie falls flat for me. It was entirely too easy. L3 freeing everyone was fine, but then they kind of went over the top with it. There just happen to be Wookies there and Chewy ditches Han to save them which basically screws Han and the job until they come back and save him. Then you have L3 getting shot and Lando going crazy to save his droid. That was a nice touch. It also set up Han to fly again. Once they leave, running into the empire was awesome. The fly through the clouds, run into a space monster, and escape with some gravity reminded me of...

Once they land things were awesome again. I loved the final act.
The Collective
AG
birdman
Any negative review is preposterous. Anybody that says "too predictable" is trying too hard. This was a really fun movie. Not at the level of ESB, but what is?

The only thing that fell flat was the opening 'car chase' through the streets of Correlia. It was just okay for me.

Kessel Run part was good, had the potential to be even better.
Another Doug
AG
A couple funny moments..

Lando complaining about hating mining colonies

"I hate you!"
"I know"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

It was entirely too easy.
I agree, but I actually felt this throughout the whole movie. It didn't ruin the movie for me, but I definitely felt a lot of things were way too easy for them.

Han and Chewie escape fairly easily from the dungeon. The crew gets Lando and the Falcon to join the mission with basically zero resistance. And then all the contrivances you mentioned in the Kessel mines.

But the biggest one was the entire ending. Han is one step ahead of Beckett. Beckett takes out all of Vos' guards easily. Qi'ra kills Vos. I don't know, it just felt a little too "neat".
double aught
AG
LOL at Lando freaking out when Qira uses his cape to put out the fire.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
"That's a custom piece!"
AR_Ag95
AG
Beware of Doug said:

A couple funny moments..

Lando complaining about hating mining colonies

"I hate you!"
"I know"

"I have a really good feeling about this!"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

Also, Lando's wardrobe at the end
Ag Since 83
AG
Thank you for posting that
Ag Since 83
AG
What exactly was the solid stuff that was closing shut as they were escaping the Maw? Is this some weird physics thing I don't know about black holes?
3rd and 2
AG
I didn't catch any pansexual stuff in the movie. I was a hair away from not seeing this movie, because I usually don't want to support liberal *******s that peddle identity politics. However I had off today and decided to see it on a whim.

I thought it was great!

Was that identity politics stuff that came out about the movie pushed by the studio? If so, they really shot themselves in the foot. The movie is rated 55% on rotten tomatoes. This is not a 55% movie, it's way better.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I think they were trying to say that Lando was attracted to his droid.

Then of course everyone freaked out, drummed up the most radical possible scenario, and propagated that Lando was a flaming gay social justice warrior.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I think that was just two massive asteroids or planets slowly colliding. They mentioned earlier that they could hear the sounds of planets colliding into each other, or something like that.
Thanks and gig'em

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.