*** SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY ***

258,262 Views | 1959 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ol_Ag_02
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For better or worse, I'm now convinced that by 2021/'22 or so we're going to start getting two Star Wars movies per year. It sounds like this is definitely launching a new spin-off franchise, and when you also factor in Johnson's new trilogy, Benioff & Weiss' new trilogy, plus the other spin-offs (whatever they might be), there's simply going to be too much Star Wars to release only one movie per year.
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
And with that, it's time to hit the sack. Seems like at the very least we've got a solid, fun Star Wars movie hitting theaters two weeks from tonight.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Well isn't this how it went before TLJ?

At least here they can't screw things up that badly since this is origin. ( although I guess that is what the prequels did.)

I just hope the life debt is something worthwhile and not cheesy.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
When this movie was first announced, I was highly skeptical and was afraid they'd screw the pooch on Han. Badly.

I've never been more glad to be wrong.
twilly
AG
I'm still taking all these reviews with a grain of salt. TLJ got a lot of good pub and glowing reviews too. This is definitely a Missouri movie for me...show me, then I'll believe.

However I am optimistic that it will deliver.
Farmer1906
AG
TLJ has a 91% on RT.

I really feel like so many people expected this not to be good so the fact that it is (to those who've seen it) is a nice surprise so it's getting positive feedback even if it is potentially not that great.

I am trying to keep my expectations tempered still.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

TLJ got a lot of good pub and glowing reviews too.

twilly
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

TLJ got a lot of good pub and glowing reviews too.

I didn't think TLJ was as good as the reviews made it sound. Some disagree with this stance. Others agree with me. Shall we rehash that tired debate?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Btw, Frank Oz was at the TLJ premiere, and nobody knew Yoda was in the movie.

Ewan McGregor was at the Solo premiere.

Make of that information what you will.
redline248
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

When this movie was first announced, I was highly skeptical and was afraid they'd screw the pooch on Han. Badly.

I've never been more glad to be wrong.

How do you know you're wrong?
TCTTS
AG
There IS chatter of a "twist" on some level...
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Btw, Frank Oz was at the TLJ premiere, and nobody knew Yoda was in the movie.

Ewan McGregor was at the Solo premiere.

Make of that information what you will.
I actually don't know how I will feel if say Obi-wan knows Chewie ( before Episode IV) already. If we just see Obi-wan behind the scenes setting things up, it is great.
Ag Since 83
AG
Ugh it would take something really clever for me to not hate Obi-Wan showing up in this movie
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I haven't seen any complaints about Alden yet. So, I'm giving the benefit of the doubt.
The Collective
AG
TCTTS said:

I tend to agree with Perri's SW views, so I'm still managing my expectations. The thing with these one off films is that I think it is easy to just take a breath and enjoy a 2 hour movie. The saga just comes with a ridiculous-level of expectation and then dissection.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Regarding this rumored "twist" or unexpected event, what do people think it'll be?

Jabba
Boba Fett
Obi-Wan
Farmer1906
AG
Jabba doesn't seem like much of a twist to me.

I would think it'll be a force user so Obi, Yoda, someone from Rebels, Maul, Palps, or Vader.
Hagen95
AG
Quote:

Yousa should follow me now, okeeday? My warning yous: Gungans no like outsiders. Don't 'spect a warm welcome.
512Ag
AG
I like the way the early twitter response is going. Mostly positive, yet still measured. Leads me to believe it'll at least be an entertaining movie experience.

On the subject of a possible Obi Wan cameo, doesn't Yoda escape Order 66 at least partially with with Chewbacca's help in Ep III? Stands to reason he could've told Obi wan about Chewie if the two of them could communicate while in exile. Not sure how I feel about that idea, but I suppose it could be a good tie-in with the Kenobi movie.

MandoArms
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Regarding this rumored "twist" or unexpected event, what do people think it'll be?

Jabba
Boba Fett
Obi-Wan
I would like to see a clip of Han seeing Leia for the first time, something quick and in passing. Like walking through the market and seeing a clip of her speaking To the junior senate and him making a comment about her to Chewie or Lando.
IG: mando_arms
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I mean, she'd be like 9, but sure.
Sex Panther
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Belton Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Subway Jared: A Star Wars Story
ottc777
Well that would be quite the twist and explain why it appears he's in jail in the trailers
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
I actually wish they would have just had Harrison Ford come back and play a 50 year younger version of himself. It totally could have worked.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.