*** SOLO: A STAR WARS STORY ***

258,352 Views | 1959 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ol_Ag_02
Liquid Wrench
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Have they said how far back before ANH this is set?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
10 years.
twilly
AG
I'm thinking final scene(s) is where Han first starts working for Jabba.
redline248
AG
I personally hope Jabba is not in this.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I just hope there's not a wink-wink joke about carbonite.
twilly
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I just hope there's not a wink-wink joke about carbonite.
If was to bet, Jabba makes a joke about Han being like a Hutt, which leads back to the messed up joke about Jabba as a "human being" in ANH.

Fanboy red meat!
redline248
AG
Based on Rogue One's inclusion of those criminals that harass Luke in Mos Eisley, it's a good bet Solo will have some kind of wink/nod
Liquid Wrench
If that really is Tatooine, the real questions are if we get Jawas and sand people.

Though I"m guessing the razor-hair guy and his people might substitute the sand people as our Mad Max desert warrior types.
AliasMan02
AG
Hagen95 said:

Presley OBannons Sword said:

I'd just like to find out why Evazan and Ponde Baba disliked Luke so much that they were instantly willing to escalate to murder.
It was laid out in Tales from the Cantina, but that is no longer canon.

It's in From a Certain Point of View but is pretty convoluted. They were there working with Greedo... I don't remember exactly. But the exchange with Luke is in there, I think
redline248
AG
Of course they were working with Greedo
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

I'd just like to find out why Evazan and Ponde Baba disliked Luke so much that they were instantly willing to escalate to murder.

White Privilege.
MGS
Hagen95 said:

It was laid out in Tales from the Cantina, but that is no longer canon.

Liquid Wrench
I'm not sure if this artwork is official, but the timeline could be right if we have Han on Tatooine:

jokershady
AG
Dafuq am I looking at?
The Collective
AG
I like about 50/50 on his stuff, but this is pretty good... including saying the droid sounds like Gwendoline Christie.

jr15aggie
AG
Well the trailer was well done... has me more optimistic.
Presley OBannons Sword
ChiliBeans said:

I'm not sure if this artwork is official, but the timeline could be right if we have Han on Tatooine:

i cant tell if this is a nerd joke within a nerd joke wrapped in a nerd joke, but i dont get it.

what is this?
Thomas Ford 91
AG
Looking at my kid's Lego Spring Catalog, it strongly suggests that the MF has a detachable escape craft that comes out of the front that Qi'ra uses during the during the Kessel Run

I could have lived without knowing that. Also, I think the catalog has jurassic world spoilers, revealing the new dinosaurs.
Jason Ag
AG
The following is a joke, please don't think this is real.

Thomas Ford 91 said:

Looking at my kid's Lego Spring Catalog, it strongly suggests that the MF has a vacuum toilet that reverses flow such that chewy is blown off during the reentry from light speed.

I could have lived without knowing that. Also, I think the catalog has jurassic world spoilers, revealing the new dinosaurs.

Again, this is not really what is behind the original spoiler tags. Maybe i should put my phone down, and get off the john.
jokershady
AG
Nm. That was brilliant.
jokershady
AG
Oh wait.....I see what you did there.

Nevermind.
Thomas Ford 91
tk for tu juan
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

i cant tell if this is a nerd joke within a nerd joke wrapped in a nerd joke, but i dont get it.

what is this?
It's a picture I saw on the internet and linked here. I can't tell you much about it other than I think it's beautiful.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I always get a kick out of how many acting experts we have on the board based on 2 two-minute edited trailers and a sourceless rumor from 12 months ago.
Bet you guys hated when Heath Ledger was cast as the Joker too.

If they wanted a clone of Harrison Ford they would have gotten the guy who played the younger version of him in "Age of Adaline".

It is actually possible for more than 1 person to play the same role. I know Shatner is Kirk but I think Pine kicks ass as Kirk. Baldwin was Jack Ryan, then Ford, then Affleck, then Halpert. If the story is good and the guy can act, The two Darrens on Bewtiched didn't look anything like each other either.

The gangster is definitely Paul Bettany's character. Not a bad month for Bettany - Avengers and Solo within 30 days of each other.

Would be a great final scene to have someone tell Han he's been noticed and someone wants to hire him as a smuggler; gets to the door and hears "HO HO HO HO"
fig96
AG
Why do you need to be an acting expert to think "this guy doesn't seem to have the same feel as Harrison Ford playing Solo and I'm not sure I like it"?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The trailer mentions a big-time gangster putting together a crew. I know it cuts to Paul Bettany's character in the next shot, but I am kind of assuming it's gonna be Jabba. (Unseen, probably, but mentioned by name.)
The Collective
AG
I think it is a Jabba reference too.

Maybe I am reading into this too much, but I viewed Emilia Clarke's line as a nod to concerned fans:
Quote:

You look good. A little rough around the edges but good.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I don't think it will be Jabba.

I think Jabba may be tied in during the end.
redline248
AG
Has Black Sun ever been mentioned in any of the movies or cartoons?
fig96
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

That comment clearly isn't addressed to you. Stop being a purposeful jackass.
Wow, who peed in your Cheerios?

I know it wasn't directed at me as I haven't said anything about his acting, but I've been thinking similar things. It was a dumb, arrogant comment either way.

It's only natural for folks to be comparing what we've seen to the iconic performance we all know.
tx1c
AG
As far as the Millenium Falcon, this is the image that explains the notch at the front. I thought it was canon.
But with the new images coming out now, maybe this is just fan art type stuff.

Aggie_Journalist
AG
I think they might have been mentioned in Clone Wars...
Thanks and gig'em
twilly
AG
Aggie_Journalist said:

I think they might have been mentioned in Clone Wars...
It was mentioned in Rebels and the Forces of Destiny mini-cartoons. Ketsu Onyo was a member.

redline248
AG
So there is a possibility they could be part of Solo, rather than Jabba's syndicate. Or at least as well as Jabba's.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.