Daily Charts

595,249 Views | 2786 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AggieUSMC
buffalo chip
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
80sGeorge said:

As much as I've enjoyed the (logical) push back on the vax nazis, can we maybe just stick to the charts?
This is, after all, the charts thread!!!
buffalo chip
S
buffalo chip said:

80sGeorge said:

As much as I've enjoyed the (logical) push back on the vax nazis, can we maybe just stick to the charts?
This is, after all, the charts thread!!!
Page 69 is for charts, please...
cone
AG
it's insanity to conflate mask effectiveness with vax effectiveness
Fitch
AG
Lol, well that all went sideways in a hurry. Go get your shots folks.

Statewide Trends

Regional Trends

Trauma Service Area Hospitalizations

Same charts just two different scales:

beerad12man
AG
buffalo chip
S
Fitch and Beerad!!!
Thank you.
Squadron7
AG
beerad12man said:

It's over now for anyone who wants it to be over.
flyingaggie12
AG
Israel reported 0 cases yesterday. Encouraging since they've had an aggressive vaccine rollout. Hopefully that bodes well for us as well.
Hincemm
AG
flyingaggie12 said:

Israel reported 0 cases yesterday. Encouraging since they've had an aggressive vaccine rollout. Hopefully that bodes well for us as well.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/israel/

142 cases, it seems. still good, though.
Gordo14
Hincemm said:

flyingaggie12 said:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/israel/

142 cases, it seems. still good, though.

Israel should be the goal, and I think we'll get there in June as long as people keep getting the shots.
Teslag
AG
The goal was never 0 cases. That mindset is what's perpetuating the insanity. It was always supposed to be about hospitalizations.
amercer
AG
Well I think Fauci said 10.000 cases a day would be a sign that we had it under control, if that makes you feel better.

The good thing about getting to numbers like the ones in Israel, is that there would be no debate.
beerad12man
AG
Squadron7 said:

beerad12man said:

It's over now for anyone who wants it to be over.
Of course. But more and more businesses will reduce restrictions, and more and more people will live as normal as numbers get better. You can already have moved on as an individual(and nearly a year ago in my case with living life as I see fit), but still want numbers as low as possible to see more and more living as normal, too.
riverrataggie
AG
amercer said:

The good thing about getting to numbers like the ones in Israel, is that there would be no debate.

I disagree. I still think there will be a debate and this won't be over.
Keegan99
AG
amercer said:

Well I think Fauci said 10.000 cases a day would be a sign that we had it under control, if that makes you feel better.

What is the operational false positive rate of the test?

It's 10k "cases" per day reasonable when running 1.5MM+ tests per day?
beerad12man
AG
Why are we still talking cases, anyways? If ICUs and deaths fall while cases remain steady, that should tell you all you need to know about what's happening. That we turned it into the common cold for the vast majority of Americans.

All that said, I absolutely believe cases will decline steadily too. Just saying, they aren't as big of a factor.
Hincemm
AG
amercer said:

Didnt he recently change that number?!
BiochemAg97
AG
Keegan99 said:

amercer said:

A 0.6% false positive would give an expectation of 10k cases per day on 1.5 MM tests. That would be an incredibly low false positive rate.

We might get there if we change protocol to require a confirmation test to confirm a positive result.
amercer
AG
Keegan99 said:

amercer said:

The false positive rate with the PCR test is very low. Plus I expect asymptomatic testing to be greatly reduced as things continue to improve.(for example, my office stopped a couple weeks ago)

If Israel can hit zero, I don't think it will be a problem for us to hit 10k. I'm not saying that 10k is some sort of well thought out scientifically based number, but I am saying we should hit that number soon if vaccinations continue apace.
Keegan99
AG
How low is "very low"?

Quote:

The current rate of operational false-positive swab tests in the UK is unknown; preliminary estimates show it could be somewhere between 0.8% and 4.0%.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30453-7/fulltext

This rate seems like an important figure to know if liberties and livelihoods are at stake.
BiochemAg97
AG
Keegan99 said:

How low is "very low"?

Quote:

The current rate of operational false-positive swab tests in the UK is unknown; preliminary estimates show it could be somewhere between 0.8% and 4.0%.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30453-7/fulltext

This rate seems like an important figure to know if liberties and livelihoods are at stake.
So more than 0.6%, and more than 10k on 1.5 MM tests.

We can hit less than 10K, but it may take targeting testing to where it actually makes sense. People with flu like symptoms as part of a broad testing strategy to determine flu, COVID, cold, ??? Presumably, the testing should drop off as more people are vaccinated and less people are testing positive. Fore example, It doesn't make any sense to randomly test individuals who don't have any symptoms without something more like contact with a positive case. As the number of positives drop, testing under a rational protocol would drop too.
Gordo14
Salute The Marines said:

The goal was never 0 cases. That mindset is what's perpetuating the insanity. It was always supposed to be about hospitalizations.

It should be, as protection for the people that can't be vaccinated. I never said we should lock ourselves in our homes until we reach those numbers (which would still be on the scale of a couple thousand a day here in America by the way), but we shouldn't be satsified with a casual 70,000 people a day catching COVID in this country. Some of y'all are so ridiculous. I want us to reach true herd immunity by June and appearantly that is controversial.
beerad12man
AG
It's just as ridiculous to say the goal should be zero(at least, act like that way publicly even if behind the scenes we want that), because like it or not, what comes with that are the irrational people who demand it for eternity no matter how low numbers are until absolute zero. Which is unlikely to ever occur unless immunity lasts forever for every human being.

It's great if we end up with 0 due to durable immunity. I'd love it. But..... There's also a wide gap between 0 and 70k, so no need for the hyperbole. I'm sure that poster realizes we'd like less than 70k.
Squadron7
AG
Quote:

Why are we still talking cases, anyways?

Because the other numbers are not alarming?
Squadron7
AG
Working in the yard yesterday. Saw a guy my age (an old...so he's undoubtedly had the vax) riding his bike down the street....alone. With a mask.

How do you combat that?

What are this guy's personal metrics for "normal"?

cone
AG
Quote:

How do you combat that?
you can't

damage has been done

a not insignificant part of the population has been completely traumatized by the last year
hoosierAG
AG
cone said:

Quote:

How do you combat that?
you can't

damage has been done

a not insignificant part of the population has been completely traumatized by the last year

Agree with this completely. A good portion of society is permanently changed. Maybe in time (years?) some will come back in varying degrees.
GAC06
AG
You combat it by not wearing a mask. Once they realize they stick out by wearing a mask, they'll stop.
Proposition Joe
I've seen grown men wearing jean shorts at Kyle Field for decades... You can't combat it, you just let the people make their own mistakes.
Aston94
AG
Proposition Joe said:

I've seen grown men wearing jean shorts at Kyle Field for decades... You can't combat it, you just let the people make their own mistakes.
That is 1000% correct.

A large portion of our population thrives on the negative of stories, they look for areas of concern and latch onto the. I don't operate like that, I look for hope and positivity, but there is a large portion that looks for reasons to be scared.
cone
AG
media seems to think it can program and then de-program the population at will

program yes, de-program lol i don't think so

you break you buy
beerad12man
AG
Not a "Chart", but cool to see:

ORAggieFan

I created this from CDC. All excess deaths by a percent from 2020 to present.
culdeus
AG
Squadron7 said:

Working in the yard yesterday. Saw a guy my age (an old...so he's undoubtedly had the vax) riding his bike down the street....alone. With a mask.

How do you combat that?

People have reactions against people riding bikes in spandex as lance wannabees. Conformity to norms is a trigger point. I choose to live my life not worrying about what people on bikes wear or don't wear.
Squadron7
AG
culdeus said:

Squadron7 said:

How do you combat that?

People have reactions against people riding bikes in spandex as lance wannabees. Conformity to norms is a trigger point. I choose to live my life not worrying about what people on bikes wear or don't wear.

No spandex on this guy. I sort of know him. He's at least 70 and rides for exercise only. Rides in jeans.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.