Daily Charts

564,925 Views | 2786 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AggieUSMC
BeeAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are we not doing this any longer?
plain_o_llama
Latest Dallas County summary.....

https://www.dallascounty.org/Assets/uploads/docs/hhs/2019-nCoV/C-19-risklevelmgmt/060121-DallasCounty-COVID-19-Hospitalization-Data.pdf

plain_o_llama
Fitch
AG
Statewide Statistics:

Regional Statistics:

tsuag10
AG
BeeAg said:

Are we not doing this any longer?
CowtownAg06
AG
PJYoung
AG
DripAG08
AG
Not buying it.

Seems like folks are back to driving Covid hysteria again
PJYoung
AG
AustinAg008 said:

Not buying it.

Seems like folks are back to driving Covid hysteria again

Yeah we will see how how this peak goes.

One thing that's different is it's a much younger population this time.

I expect deaths to be way, way below the last peak. Surely hospitalizations will be nowhere near where it was but I know certain states are already getting hit fairly hard in that regard.
Aston94
AG
If only there were a pill or shot that we could take to avoid this thing....
Old Buffalo
AG

80sGeorge
AG
Fitch, if you get a chance can you do an update?

With all the variant news and case count spikes and hospitalization anecdotes from the resident MDs it would be great to see your big picture.
PJYoung
AG

That graphic starts on April 7th, 2021
PJYoung
AG
cone
AG
that is pretty stunning

would like to see a similar chart for hospitalization impact

now i know understand they delayed formal re-opening until yesterday
Fitch
AG
Statewide Data

Regional Data

PJYoung
AG
Thank you Fitch!
80sGeorge
AG
Gracias!
PJYoung
AG
Old Buffalo
AG
Teslag
AG
Looks like Alabama's numbers almost directly correspond with the vaccine efficacy studies. This is now truly a disease of the unvaxxed.
Forum Troll
AG
Salute The Marines said:

This is now truly a disease of the unvaxxed.

Just maddening.
PJYoung
AG
Old Buffalo said:

Thanks for the context. Nowhere near last year but it's a concerning trend for sure.
GAC06
AG
Do you feel the same way about heart disease, lung cancer, diabetes, etc that are overwhelmingly caused by lifestyle choices? I guess the trick here is don't be fat/diabetic and unvaxxed. People make decisions and I generally don't care as long as it doesn't infringe on me.
cone
AG
wouldn't you expect each wave from here on to not be as high and also crest faster?

being more contagious but vaccinations and natural immunity shaping the outbreaks directly to the relatively smaller unvaccinated population?
Knucklesammich
GAC06 said:

Do you feel the same way about heart disease, lung cancer, diabetes, etc that are overwhelmingly caused by lifestyle choices? I guess the trick here is don't be fat/diabetic and unvaxxed. People make decisions and I generally don't care as long as it doesn't infringe on me.
Honest question if it doesn't infringe on you then why do you post on all these threads?
Fitch
AG
cone said:

wouldn't you expect each wave from here on to not be as high and also crest faster?

being more contagious but vaccinations and natural immunity shaping the outbreaks directly to the relatively smaller unvaccinated population?

That would tend to be my guess. Alternatively could ramp up faster, crest higher, and drop faster.

The spectrum of immunity and variation in symptomatic disease course post natural infection or vax-derived does add a new wrinkle from the last 2 starts of exp growth.
Forum Troll
AG
GAC06 said:

Yes, but there is so little effort required to get the vaccine compared to stopping smoking or losing a lot of weight. Absolutely don't be fat and diabetic and unvaccinated, but even for the healthy 30 year old the risk of COVID (yes its very low) far outweigh any serious risk from the vaccine by magnitudes.
GAC06
AG
Knucklesammich said:

GAC06 said:

Honest question if it doesn't infringe on you then why do you post on all these threads?

Covid enthusiasts have infringed on me and caused irreparable harm to our country.

Also I post on threads that interest me.
GAC06
AG
That cannot be said with certainty.
PJYoung
AG
Nitro Power
AG
PJYoung said:

This is so ridiculous. Yup in 7 days they are going to surprise the highest total since the entire thing started. Makes complete sense.
PJYoung
AG
Nitro Power said:

PJYoung said:

This is so ridiculous. Yup in 7 days they are going to surprise the highest total since the entire thing started. Makes complete sense.

Florida had two peaks. They are talking about the smaller one. Their big peak was last July, smaller one in January.

It's easier to see on the chart embedded in this website: https://newsnodes.com/us_state/FL
Old Buffalo
AG
If we know there has been high past infection and we believe the vaccines are highly effective, the fears of exponential increase are much lower than prior peak periods.

Easier to say, if 40% of Florida is vaccinated with 20% having prior immunity, the dry tinder is only 40% remaining. Of that 40%, social interaction with existing immunity plus some prior existing natural immunity means we shouldn't fear peaks like we used to.
PJYoung
AG
Old Buffalo said:

If we know there has been high past infection and we believe the vaccines are highly effective, the fears of exponential increase are much lower than prior peak periods.

Easier to say, if 40% of Florida is vaccinated with 20% having prior immunity, the dry tinder is only 40% remaining. Of that 40%, social interaction with existing immunity plus some prior existing natural immunity means we shouldn't fear peaks like we used to.

Yeah that's why this one will be interesting to watch.

I agree that they shouldn't even approach last July.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.