Daily Charts

595,297 Views | 2786 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AggieUSMC
ETFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Broke 10k hospitalized. 2k a month ago.
Fitch
AG
Oh? What was he saying? I honestly try to avoid the news.
PJYoung
AG
texaggie90
AG
Would love to see average length of stay. I've had a couple docs say stay length is much much shorter now.
CowtownAg06
AG
This true and certainly should be motivation to stay vigilant. However, just to be clear, total hospital census has not doubled in 10 days.

This is just SE but you can see in the last month, Covid admits are up 400%. That's scary, but realize total beds in use has only gone up 13%.
BiochemAg97
AG
PJYoung said:

BiochemAg97 said:

Tabasco said:

Not looking great for Houston.
Not all bad news. New cases appear to have leveled off and positivity rate came down before leveling off. Still a ways to go, but Houston seems to be doing better than DFW where new cases is still growing.

Yes, hospitalizations lag new cases. Hopefully the improvements in new cases will translate to stabilizing the hospitals soon.
Cheetah01
AG
Where is the improvement in new cases? Seems like we have a ton of new cases.
PJYoung
AG
PJYoung
AG
Cheetah01 said:

Maybe he means shorter hospitalizations because of a younger cohort?
BiochemAg97
AG
Cheetah01 said:

Graph of Houston new cases seems to have plateaued. To me, that is an improvement over the growth phase like occurred prior to the leveling off in Houston and continuing in DFW.

If the new cases level off, the new hospitalizations should level off after the appropriate delay (should be about there) and lead to a steady state in hospital census. At least until the numbers of new cases and then hospitalizations turn downward.
Cheetah01
AG
I see. I hope that's correct, but not sure if we have enough data points yet to confirm that Houston has plateaued.

I hope you're right.
terradactylexpress
That chart is also several days old and yesterday was the highest case count so far....
Bert315
AG
terradactylexpress said:

That chart is also several days old and yesterday was the highest case count so far....

You have to remember that the positive tests the media keeps pushing includes people retesting to see if still positive. We are seeing a plateau in the number of new cases which means this week we should see the same in admissions for Houston area hospitals. The hospital I work in believes we should see our peak in hospitalizations middle of this week at the latest in Houston. This all hangs in whether people socially distanced during the July 4th holiday.
AgsMyDude
AG
Bert315 said:

terradactylexpress said:

You have to remember that the positive tests the media keeps pushing includes people retesting to see if still positive. We are seeing a plateau in the number of new cases which means this week we should see the same in admissions for Houston area hospitals. The hospital I work in believes we should see our peak in hospitalizations middle of this week at the latest in Houston. This all hangs in whether people socially distanced during the July 4th holiday.

Narrator: They didn't

https://abc13.com/typhoon-texas-packed-crowded-water-park-waterpark/6312984/
cone
AG
remember the ozark deal that was a big bag of nothing
dragmagpuff
AG
Bert315 said:

terradactylexpress said:

Based on metrics of:
  • Apple/Google Maps requests
  • Opentable reservation requests

Texas was already increasing their social distancing once the hospitals got out there and started saying things like "Please stop being idiots", and "Please wear a mask" so we don't get overwhelmed. This was before the governor's executive orders to close bars and mandate masks.
BiochemAg97
AG
dragmagpuff said:

Bert315 said:

terradactylexpress said:

Based on metrics of:
  • Apple/Google Maps requests
  • Opentable reservation requests

Texas was already increasing their social distancing once the hospitals got out there and started saying things like "Please stop being idiots", and "Please wear a mask" so we don't get overwhelmed. This was before the governor's executive orders to close bars and mandate masks.
Wait, you mean people can think for themselves and don't have to wait for the govt to tell them what to do?
Fitch
AG

cone
AG
things aren't going to trend better until August

this is the bad month
AgsMyDude
AG
San Antonio cases and hospitalizations seem to be trying to flatten slightly?
Fitch
AG
You thinking we stole one on July 4th?
AggieUSMC
AG
Quote:

things aren't going to trend better until August

this is the bad month
True. If you look at the individual States that have had a spike in cases, this virus seems to have a predictable pattern. The spike seems to last approximately 4-5 weeks before peaking. New York started in early March and peaked in early April. Arizona started in early June and seems to have peaked last week. Texas started in mid June and will probably peak soon if not already. Florida started in late June and will probably peak next week or the week after. Rinse, repeat.
cone
AG
stole one?
Fitch
AG
Will avoid a Memorial Day-esque cause-effect.
cone
AG
we're already in a wide-spread epidemic and have been for six weeks

I don't think a one off now has the same force multiplier that it does when you're at very low prevalence starting up the geometric progression

you're getting epidemic spread every day of the week all the time with just normal economic life

only way out is through now, with a chance for a shutdown to help mitigate overshoot
Fitch
AG
Agree in part and hope you're correct w/r/t the multiplier. I could see that going either way.

Though given the state's geography I think you'll see more of a protracted trend when summarized at the state level. The larger metros may be another 6-8 weeks out from returning to May levels with rural areas trailing however long.

Was hoping we could avoid this.
cone
AG
that was a false hope
Fitch
AG
Hey, I've been watching Aggie Football for 30+ years. I don't even know what that means.
Aust Ag
AG
Austin hospitalizations flattening?
BiochemAg97
AG
Aust Ag said:

Won't be for long. They have already been asking to move RGV COVID cases up to Austin. Guess They sent all they could to SA already.
Aust Ag
AG
BiochemAg97 said:

Aust Ag said:

Won't be for long. They have already been asking to move RGV COVID cases up to Austin. Guess They sent all they could to SA already.
Well, hopefully that "backstory" will be reported in the news. If this happens, Austin deaths will also spike, correct?
Charpie
AG
Starr County is already sending them here
AgsMyDude
AG
BiochemAg97 said:

Aust Ag said:

Do you have any credible info on this? I saw a random post of reddit talking about the same idea.
AgLiving06
Question.

Are the numbers being reported the day they confirmed the positive test or the day that the test was taken?

I know a buddy of mine has been waiting at least a week for his results, but is presumptive positive.

Assuming they tell him today he's positive, will that count in today's numbers or last weeks numbers?
BowSowy
AG
I think it's a crap shoot. Not sure where Fitch pulls his data, but Harris county's tracking site does backdate positives to the test date

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.