Daily Charts

595,254 Views | 2786 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AggieUSMC
GE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Would you be able to put together a graph that shows only new infections by day, but not on a log scale?
DadHammer
AG
Did they actually slow things down or is the virus running through everyone and killing the weak the fastest?

Will be interesting to find out. At some point here won't be any weak people to infect?
Goose83
AG
From Worldometer:

Hopefully the recent uptick in new cases is due to increased testing, and not any new flareups.
Exsurge Domine
Goose61 said:

From Worldometer:

Hopefully the recent uptick in new cases is due to increased testing, and not any new flareups.

I think it is, and the CFR keeps dropping which is good
GE
AG
Goose61 said:

From Worldometer:

Either way I would have hoped that the staying at home would keep it from spreading
ETFan
I just assumed it was Easter, we're two weeks out.
tamc91
AG
We're also finally starting to see relatively poor countries in Africa and Eurasia report test results. Many of these countries have substantial Chinese presence due to infrastructure "loans" and natural resource business deals. COVID-19 has likely been in some of these countries for more than a month. I would anticipate the known cases starting to climb while the death rate hopefully is steady or decreases. However there a many other comorbidities in those developing countries.
HotardAg07
AG
Made a quick little graph showing the effect of day-of-the-week reporting. Interesting how that it has only really shown a pronounced effect in the last 3 weeks where we have more or less flattened in deaths per day.

Also, I keep updating the daily deaths graph over the WH press conference March 23 graph of the IHME report. Still stands up pretty well.

HotardAg07
AG
One bit of good news is that we appear to have broken through a plateau on daily testing capacity.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
HotardAg07 said:

Made a quick little graph showing the effect of day-of-the-week reporting. Interesting how that it has only really shown a pronounced effect in the last 3 weeks where we have more or less flattened in deaths per day.

Also, I keep updating the daily deaths graph over the WH press conference March 23 graph of the IHME report. Still stands up pretty well.

I just took this and did it on a cumulative basis and it's even more impressive:
HotardAg07
AG
NY has data where they show deaths on the day of death rather than the day of reported death. According to Nate Silver, there is a 6 day lag on average. This paints an even rosier picture in NY about the decrease in deaths, showing the peak happening sooner than the reported data.

Additionally, notice how the farther back you go, the larger proportion of deaths is confirmed versus probable. That indicates some effort to go back and confirm deaths as CV related or not.
Fitch
AG
One of these is not like the others...

Premium
AG
Fitch said:

Tarrant County got the European strain
KidDoc
AG
Fitch said:

Where did you find these? Have friends asking for this type of data and I've had a hard time finding it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Fitch
AG
Made the charts myself using data from the Texas COVID database.

https://www.dshs.state.tx.us/coronavirus/additionaldata/
Keegan99
AG
Please keep 'em coming!
wreckncrew
AG
Lubbock county is looking similar right now. We had a high of 37 cases 13 days ago, and it has been decreasing since then. The past 4 days, we have seen less than 5 new cases and more and more recoveries. Thank God for that!
Fitch
AG
Not quite a chart, but visually helped me get a sense of how different counties in TX compare in case load. Remember, counties with 5 cases or fewer enjoy "favored nation" status and get to move through the reopening phases more quickly.

Rock Too
AG
Fitch said:

Not quite a chart, but visually helped me get a sense of how different counties in TX compare in case load. Remember, counties with 5 cases or fewer enjoy "favored nation" status and get to move through the reopening phases more quickly.

Great table......does anybody know what happened in the super high percentage counties? I'm guessing retirement homes or similar facilities?
Czechs Out 03
AG
Where are you pulling your data for this table? I noticed the numbers look way off for my county. You are showing 829 cases for Ellis County, when the actual total updated yesterday is 160.

https://co.ellis.tx.us/948/2019-Novel-Coronavirus
fightingfarmer09
While Wharton has 36 historical cases over half are completely recovered at this point.

So not sure how 36 cases is relevant anymore.
Fitch
AG
You're right! Went back and checked and it was somehow swapped with El Paso, one line off. Not sure how that happened, but I've corrected it in the above post. Thank you for calling that out.
dragmagpuff
AG
Fitch said:

These plots are way nicer than the one I made for Harris/Houston. If you plan on updating these, could you include Texas as a whole? Especially since decisions are being made on the state level starting Friday.
Fitch
AG
tysker
AG
Fitch said:

Any way to present on a Texas county map?
HotardAg07
AG
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/us-map

You can view that on the Johns Hopkins tool.
tysker
AG
HotardAg07 said:

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/us-map

You can view that on the Johns Hopkins tool.
That tool has different scaling. For instance, Dallas and Collin counties are both colored red but Dallas has 3k+ cases where as Collin country has about 670. Quite a bit different presentation especially when considering standards for counties to start their reopening process.
Old Buffalo
AG
To the point above, we are past the point where tracking total cases is an effective measure. Unfortunately we are not great at tracking recoveries.

Assuming the new cases are resolved 14 days after diagnosis (with either a recovery or death) the plot looks like active cases are plateauing.

Czechs Out 03
AG
Good deal. Knowing something was incorrect made me question the accuracy of the rest of the table, so I thought you should re-check it. As others have mentioned, "Active Cases" and "deaths" would also be a stat worth thinking about noting to get a more precise measure of where things currently stand.
Pasquale Liucci
AG
Is there any info on % positive cases for Texas? I know case counts are increasing but interested to see what effect testing capacity has on it
Fitch
AG
If active cases or recovered are published Texas-wide somewhere I'd be happy to incorporate. The nice thing about the above charts/table is it's one data set published by the State, so there's not a lot of manipulation that has to happen.
dragmagpuff
AG
Lester Freamon said:

Is there any info on % positive cases for Texas? I know case counts are increasing but interested to see what effect testing capacity has on it
Abbott said in his presser that we are sub-10%. I don't know over what time frame that is, though.
Pasquale Liucci
AG
That's actually pretty incredible if true. Especially if tests are ramping up. Very good sign.
PJYoung
AG
tysker said:

Fitch said:

Any way to present on a Texas county map?
https://covidcompare.com - just click on a county for numbers. They update daily.

tysker
AG
Well that site set off my browser security warnings but even if I would have clicked thorough I'm guessing it is using a scale needed and relevant for the entirety US, not for Texas. Imo, comparing Queens, King and Suffolk counties to any county in Texas distorts the figures as it pertains to the response in Texas.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.