Daily Charts

595,253 Views | 2786 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AggieUSMC
Skillet Shot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
80sGeorge said:

So has Cali just not experienced the Delta spike yet or what?

I hope they have already peaked due to vaccine and natural immunity. Although I wouldn't be at all surprised if they see a winter spike from delta or another variant.
ORAggieFan
Skillet Shot said:

80sGeorge said:

So has Cali just not experienced the Delta spike yet or what?

I hope they have already peaked due to vaccine and natural immunity. Although I wouldn't be at all surprised if they see a winter spike from delta or another variant.

If we are measuring positive tests, doubtful CA has peaked. If we go off sickness and needing care, likely has. Israel is showing this will be with us forever as an endemic virus like all other coronaviruses that have infected as many as this one.
Not a Bot
AG
Two days worth of data hit the dashboard today. 7 day average still frustratingly flat.
Aust Ag
AG
Austin cases and hospitalizations are going down for like a week now, if we're looking for something.
Not a Bot
AG
Aust Ag said:

Austin cases and hospitalizations are going down for like a week now, if we're looking for something.

Yep. Houston also looking flat and apparently according to TMC the R0 has been less than one for several days. Will likely see a drop off and hospitalizations there soon.

Texas is so big it's almost useless talking about statewide trends. Some areas are getting absolutely hammered. Tyler/Longview RAC region is getting hammered and it is getting worse. Community spread far higher than at any other point in the pandemic. New hospitalization records seven days in a row.
Bird Poo
AG
Captain Positivity said:

Aust Ag said:

Yep. Houston also looking flat and apparently according to TMC the R0 has been less than one for several days. Will likely see a drop off and hospitalizations there soon.

Texas is so big it's almost useless talking about statewide trends. Some areas are getting absolutely hammered. Tyler/Longview RAC region is getting hammered and it is getting worse. Community spread far higher than at any other point in the pandemic. New hospitalization records seven days in a row.

East Texas could be overwhelmed due to vax hesitancy and the fats. Could get dicey.
CDub06
AG
Interesting. I've mainly been following some of the more populated areas: Montgomery, Harris, Travis, Nueces (their R0 plummeted btw) and they're all trending in the right direction. Pending any school effect of course.

Sounds like the variant burned through the more populated areas quickly and the more rural areas are lagging behind. Pulled charts for areas around Midland, Lubbock and Smith counties and that seems to be the case. (Not around Potter, Taylor, or Tom Green surprisingly).
Old Buffalo
AG
They could also be increasing due to Louisiana transferring or referring patients in as they recover from Ida.....
Not a Bot
AG
Has nothing to do with Louisiana. This is mostly homegrown obese people who refused the vaccines. Smith and Gregg counties each had massive vaccine initiatives, but could only get about 40% of the eligible population vaccinated. I worked at one of those vaccine sites for a while and we probably hit most of the upper middle class white people and a majority of the old folks. The people who didn't show up are the people currently in the hospital. Lower middle class, overweight, younger.
Old Buffalo
AG
Your hatred and negativity is very apparent.

FTAG 2000
AG
CDub06 said:

Interesting. I've mainly been following some of the more populated areas: Montgomery, Harris, Travis, Nueces (their R0 plummeted btw) and they're all trending in the right direction. Pending any school effect of course.

Sounds like the variant burned through the more populated areas quickly and the more rural areas are lagging behind. Pulled charts for areas around Midland, Lubbock and Smith counties and that seems to be the case. (Not around Potter, Taylor, or Tom Green surprisingly).
The same thing happened with our peak in Texas last year (rural lagging metro areas).
buffalo chip
S
Old Buffalo said:

Your hatred and negativity is very apparent.

You need to turn on your joke or sarcasm meter for me. If not joking, what is up?
AgsMyDude
AG
Bexar county Hospitalizations on the way down

buffalo chip
S
charts for other texas big cities?
Not a Bot
AG
Not a Bot
AG
Texas numbers updated. Only showing about 4,000 newly confirmed+likely cases. Had been averaging over 20,000 per day. Holiday weekend. We will see what tomorrow holds.

The good news is that hospitalizations continue to decline. Covid dashboard reporting 13,545. A few days ago we were sitting above 13,800 iirc.
Fitch
AG
Statewide Trends

Regional Trends

Hospital (TSA) Trends

Source Data: https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/additionaldata/
AgsMyDude
AG

buffalo chip
S
Thanks.

Timing disconnect between urban and rural numbers? Seems to muddle the totals for Texas...
AggieFactor
AG
I will be very interested in seeing what happens with RSV. This has driven the vast majority of the <18 hospitalizations with kids positive for both COVID and RSV. Was the this year's RSV season just moved forward 3 months and we see this continue to decline and thus the hospitalizations decline or was it completely independent of the normal cycle and we are going to move right on into normal RSV season and the pediatric hospitalizations are about to spike even worse? I really hope it is the former because if its the latter, I am afraid all these school districts would definitely hit the panic button and we see them move back to virtual in mid-October through the end of semester.

Not a Bot
AG
The disconnect between most border areas and the rest of the state is unreal. Any theories on why El Paso and others are just hanging out with few cases? Seems like they got hit so bad earlier in the pandemic that they may have significant herd immunity.

Looks like the smaller cities and non-border rural areas are getting hit really bad this time around. DFW probably won't surpass their winter peak of hospitalizations. Smaller cities like Midland, Tyler, Longview etc. are surging way past.

Fitch
AG
-Relatively sparsely populated counties
-Got smoked last year, worse per capita than other parts of the state
-Some of the highest vaccination rates in the state
supersonic
AG
Spreading pretty rapidly out here in East Texas. Friend went to emergency room for non covid issue in Tyler and said people were on vents in the hallways of the ER. The wife and I are school teachers in two small districts. Attendance is falling rapidly with students getting it. Several area schools have shut down.
Duncan Idaho
Old Buffalo
AG
supersonic said:

Spreading pretty rapidly out here in East Texas. Friend went to emergency room for non covid issue in Tyler and said people were on vents in the hallways of the ER. The wife and I are school teachers in two small districts. Attendance is falling rapidly with students getting it. Several area schools have shut down.
Not a Bot
AG
Tyler hospitals have, at times, been holding vent patients in the ER. However, they won't be in hallways due to the connections necessary to make the vents work. It's possible they were in some sort of open ward without private rooms, but a non-Covid patient shouldn't have been in access to that area.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
Some of my personal plots for the Houston area

and my rough estimate at where we might be towards population level immunity (assumptions included):
Not a Bot
AG
I'm not good at making charts, but hospitalizations in Texas are down by about 800 over the last week. Peaked around 13,850, now just barely over 13,000.
AgsMyDude
AG
Captain Positivity said:

I'm not good at making charts, but hospitalizations in Texas are down by about 800 over the last week. Peaked around 13,850, now just barely over 13,000.

Not a Bot
AG
Texas hospitalizations dip below 13,000 for the first time since August 20. Hospitalizations are down about 1,000 patients from the peak on August 25.
PJYoung
AG

Good thread explaining the Florida deaths per day plunge.
AgLA06
AG
PJYoung said:

Good thread explaining the Florida deaths per day plunge.

Everyone should have reported that way from beginning.
SwigAg11
AG
Can someone please explain the Florida death numbers to me? Is it moving to 0, or is what I see on what pops up on Google correct where it looks like a plateau?
Joe Boudain
SwigAg11 said:

Can someone please explain the Florida death numbers to me? Is it moving to 0, or is what I see on what pops up on Google correct where it looks like a plateau?

I love Florida, but they've changed the way they report. It is more accurate but lagging. They're now reporting deaths on the day the person died, but they don't know for sure a death is from covid until a little bit later
AgLA06
AG
Joe Boudain said:

SwigAg11 said:

I love Florida, but they've changed the way they report. It is more accurate but lagging. They're now reporting deaths on the day the person died, but they don't know for sure a death is from covid until a little bit later
This make deaths trackable overall (date tied to an actual death certificate), but data to lag a bit.

Previously by tracking them based on reporting date it gave the illusion data was more up to date, but the actual data (deaths) didn't mean much, because it wasn't tied to anything other than when they decided to post it. So all you knew is how many deaths were reported, but not when the person actually died. That meant large data dumps gave the illusion of something happening that in reality might have happened days or weeks before. And yet "leaders" were making decisions based on it.

Now there still is a little wait for the data, but at least its tangible.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.