Daily Charts

595,303 Views | 2786 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AggieUSMC
NASAg03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RandyAg98 said:

Did you compile this data?
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
zebros_95
AG
NASAg03 said:

RandyAg98 said:

Did you compile this data?

This! Where did you get this?
KidDoc
AG
RandyAg98 said:

This is amazing data thanks for posting it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
rynning
AG
It's hard to line up the headers with the columns, but was is the % column next to CASES?
RandyAg98
AG
In THIS Premium thread, Keegan99 posted a tweet by a Harvard Infectious Disease MD. Down the twitter rabbit hole was this tweet:

KidDoc
AG
rynning said:

It's hard to line up the headers with the columns, but was is the % column next to CASES?
I believe that is the percent of the population in that age range that has been positive - if you add up all those % they will be 100% of the cases. For example the 18-29 age range has been 21.74% of the confirmed cases.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
NASAg03
Compare his quote to the college plan of closing classes and going online, resulting in kids going back home and possibly spreading to their parents who are much older.

Makes total sense...
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
RandyAg98
AG
NASAg03 said:

Compare his quote to the college plan of closing classes and going online, resulting in kids going back home and possibly spreading to their parents who are much older.

Makes total sense...
That would be idiotic...so...will probably happen.
NASAg03
It's already happening with Notre Dame and UNC. What do you think college kids are going to do when they find out their classes are cancelled for 2-weeks? Stay in a cramped dorm room? What about dining halls and cafeterias?

If both in-person classes and dining closes, you really think college kids want to spend 2 weeks cramped in a dorm room, learning, eating, sleeping, etc.

No. They are going to go home, just like they do any time there isn't a football game or on a holiday weekend.
Mike Shaw - Class of '03
DadHammer
AG
I almost never went home.

These kids need to just stay and will be fine in a few days.
flyingaggie12
AG
Air travel still significantly down but slowly ticking up. Crazy (not surprising) how much it dropped off.

Fitch
AG
Agreed. Former consultant here trying to do my part to keep United afloat. Very weird flying these days.
Fitch
AG
No real change in downwards trends, which is good to see. New cases are showing resistance to downward movement in some areas, but hospitalizations continue to fall after the early summer surge.

Obligatory note - fatality curves within the trailing 2-3 weeks are not representative of the actual number as the data is being constantly revised as death certificates are compiled.

Houston Area Hospitalizations

DadHammer
AG
Great job Fitch.

Covid is dropping fast in Texas. Great news!

FB is On. Studies I have seen are showing lasting immunity so this will be over soon enough.

Diet, exercise, lose some weight and you will fair better when you get exposed to covid, and we Almost all will sooner or later.
plain_o_llama
The Friday summary for Dallas County is out

https://www.dallascounty.org/Assets/uploads/docs/hhs/2019-nCoV/COVID-19%20DCHHS%20Summary_082120.pdf

Keegan99
AG
Excellent.

The epi curve is good to see.

plain_o_llama
The latest Dallas County summary is out

https://www.dallascounty.org/Assets/uploads/docs/covid-19/hhs-summary/COVID-19-DCHHS-Summary-082820.pdf

It is kind of interesting to look at the peaks. Hospitalizations peaked in week 26. ICU in week 28. And Deaths in week 30.

AgsMyDude
AG
Phat32
AG
The day I don't have to hear about a COVID case or death count will be a great one.
Fitch
AG
**Obligatory disclaimer that fatalities data over the trailing ~3 weeks is very subject to revision as data comes in and should be read as provisional.

Generally positive trends all the way around.

Could be off base, but the correlation in the final panels above seems telling.

Regional Data

Statewide Breakdown:

County-level Data
Brazos County

Greater Houston Area

Dallas-Fort Worth Area

I-35 Corridor

Border Counties

Lubbock County

Northeast Texas

BiochemAg97
AG
You can see the students came back to Brazos county.

I'd be interested to see the increase in testing with schools essentially mandating testing for some portion of students.
GE
AG
Are the charts just not worth following anymore?
plain_o_llama
The latest Dallas County Summary came out today

https://www.dallascounty.org/Assets/uploads/docs/covid-19/hhs-summary/COVID-19-DCHHS-Summary_090420.pdf

buffalo chip
S
Week 34 running 20% to 33% of the peak for each chart. I like the trend!
74Ag1
AG
Dropping like a rock!!!!

Cepe
AG
My experience the past few days is that people have basically abandoned social distancing this weekend. Masks on but places are packed and nobody staying distant. Don't be surprised to see a swing up on the charts in the coming weeks (which isn't necessarily a bad thing and should be smaller than July)
discobrob
AG
Our school district is looking for a reason to extend virtual learning. An uptick in numbers, even if it's slight, will give them just enough reason to do it. Come on man!
Keegan99
AG
plain_o_llama
Which leads to this which adjusts for the population ratios by race

Keegan99
AG
Probably a better way of visualizing, making more clear the disparate impact.

Is this due to overall health? Vitamin D? The "white privilege" of lockdowns?
80sGeorge
AG
Total guess but over representation of black/hispanic pop in: the "essential" economy and protests, not following the lockdown guidelines with regard to gatherings, higher presence of comorbidities, lower pct of 80+ due to same comorbids.
beerad12man
AG
Cepe said:

My experience the past few days is that people have basically abandoned social distancing this weekend. Masks on but places are packed and nobody staying distant. Don't be surprised to see a swing up on the charts in the coming weeks (which isn't necessarily a bad thing and should be smaller than July)

I'd be surprised to see it swing up. We may very well be over this thing (from a spike standpoint). People have been saying f*** it for 6-8 weeks in my experience and still dropping
KlinkerAg11
AG
Agree with this.

I'm seeing the same here and have for a while now while numbers are dropping locally.
Fitch
AG
Bars in my area of Houston were sardine cans this weekend. Surprised to see a nightclub open as well.

So it goes.
Tabasco
AG
Fitch said:

Bars in my area of Houston were sardine cans this weekend. Surprised to see a nightclub open as well.

So it goes.
I thought bars were still closed. Did I miss Abbott opening them up and saving them from bankruptcy?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.