Daily Charts

564,921 Views | 2786 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AggieUSMC
Joe Boudain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes absolutely, and thank you for elaborating. My point was the people going "wow deaths are zero" are missing the change.
PJYoung
AG
petebaker

AgsMyDude
AG

BlackGoldAg2011
AG
Some good news plots for the Houston Area:

zoomed out with the covidestim.org guys' estimated infection data overlaid:

and my estimated effective immunity level in Harris County:

I fiddled with my assumptions a bit but this run has Harris county reaching 80% effective immunity (herd immunity for R0 of 5) the same week the covidestim model has Rt crossing below 1, which seemed like a good supporting data point to me

edit: out of curiosity i went back to the start of this thread and it was eye opening a tad depressing too. on page 1 we were shocked when italy posted 3,500 new cases in a day... i made a model that projected total global deaths at 500k-600k... also our plots/graphs have gotten much prettier & informative on average
Not a Bot
AG

Texas hospitalizations. Lowest since 8/8 and dropping.
PJYoung
AG
PJYoung
AG
Lowest hospitalization #s in the USA since August 9th.
Skillet Shot
Shoulder months are the best time to slow transmission.
AgsMyDude
AG

SwigAg11
PJYoung
AG
I'm shocked that the Texas death #s approached the first two peaks.

Crazy.
Not a Bot
AG
7,771 inpatients reported today, marking 48.9% decline since the Delta peak on August 24.

Hospitalizations are declining at an average rate of around 5.6% per day over the last 10 days.

Tomorrow should move Texas hospitalizations below 50% of the peak.
Not a Bot
AG
7004 inpatients in Texas hospitals, a 1.59% decrease from yesterday. 49.71% below peak.

33.76% of Texas Covid inpatients are in ICU, practically unchanged from Oct 1 (33.23%).

Looking back to the winter wave, Texas Covid hospitalizations are similar to what they were on 2/21.
Not a Bot
AG
Texas hospitalizations drop to 6,462, which is 46.4% of the Delta peak. Hospitalizations today are the lowest since July 31 and match February 23 from the winter downswing.

Reported new Covid+ admissions on 10/10 were 704 compared to 945 just ten days ago.
Fitch
AG
Keep dropping. Ready to be done with this
Not a Bot
AG
Hospitalizations still dropping, down to almost 1/3 of peak. Non-ICU inpatients and pediatrics are now less than half of what they were October 1. ICU status patients down by about 40% since October 1. However, % of ICU patients as a total of all Covid hospitalizations is up from 33.28% on October 1 to 36.26% on October 18.

BlackGoldAg2011
AG
Some updates to my plots for the Houston area:

this one's new, but uses the covidestim.org model of true daily infections and looks at how many "active"/contagious cases there are currently depending on how long you assume the average case is contagious.
PJYoung
AG
PJYoung
AG
We seem to have hit the ole plateau

JP_Losman
AG
Looks like the chart for United Kingdom.

I believe 1 in 6 from United Kingdom have been confirmed infected.
An amazing %
PJYoung
AG
Aust Ag
AG
Cool graphic. What should we take away from this? Other than the SEC states seem to be over this?
petebaker
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
Aust Ag said:

Cool graphic. What should we take away from this? Other than the SEC states seem to be over this?
my take away looking at this is that it seems like none of the states that had major delta waves at the end of summer/beginning of school are seeing an uptick right now, but all of the states that avoided it are.

so as news outlets start to cry about the rising cases in the US it's helpful to remember that the US is not one monolithic block of people, and so keeping an eye on your own region is far more useful than talking about numbers across the whole country.
JP_Losman
AG
what about overall mortality rates and hospitalization rates?

anyone know the estimates for 2020 vs 2021?
PJYoung
AG
Aust Ag said:

I agree with what's been stated already - it's useful to understand this is a regional, seasonal virus. It comes and goes in waves.

I wouldn't be so quick to say the SEC states are over it. I mean, I sure hope so but I would be very surprised if there's not another wave or two in store for us, each one greatly diminishing in severity.
PJYoung
AG
PJYoung
AG
PJYoung
AG
Fitch
AG
Statewide Trends

Regional Trends

Trauma Service Areas

amercer
AG
Hospital numbers don't look good. Hopefully it's milder patients being admitted and then getting released sooner
Coates
amercer said:

Hospital numbers don't look good. Hopefully it's milder patients being admitted and then getting released sooner

If its anything like New York almost half (43%) are in WITH Covid, not because of it, they just put out the breakdown yesterday. Would be nice if all the states did the same.

SwigAg11
AG
I also think Delta is still really going around NY.
Aust Ag
AG
Looking at those Texas death numbers, to me it looks like the numbers are at their lowest point now since around July?
Is this correct?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.