Daily Charts

595,299 Views | 2786 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AggieUSMC
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mikeyshooter said:

And I think it would be helpful to know the capacity for those hospitalizations. The whole point of flattening the curve was to make sure hospitals weren't overrun which easily succeeded in Houston. As long as we are still in a good position in that regard, increasing hospitalizations here and there isn't a problem at all.

GeographyAg
AG
Mikeyshooter said:

And I think it would be helpful to know the capacity for those hospitalizations. The whole point of flattening the curve was to make sure hospitals weren't overrun which easily succeeded in Houston. As long as we are still in a good position in that regard, increasing hospitalizations here and there isn't a problem at all.

https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/0d8bdf9be927459d9cb11b9eaef6101f
If I’m posting, it’s actually Mrs GeographyAg.
Mr. GeographyAg is a dedicated lurker.
rynning
AG
4 and 1/2 days since last update. I'll take that as a good sign!
Fitch
AG
Statewide

Houston Area

DFW Area

I-35 Corridor

Brazos Valley

Border Counties

Panhandle

Northeast Texas

Texas Medical Center ICU
KidDoc
AG
Fitch said:

Statewide

Houston Area

DFW Area

I-35 Corridor

Brazos Valley

Border Counties

Panhandle

Northeast Texas

Texas Medical Center ICU

This is some good data thanks!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BiochemAg97
AG
What is going on in Walker County with the big spike there?

McClennan county active cases seems to have gone up and down real fast. Did they get a nursing home spike and a lot of deaths? That doesn't seem like sufficient time for recovery? Comparing to other counties with spikes in daily cases, the active cases go up and stay up for much longer.
KidDoc
AG
BiochemAg97 said:

What is going on in Walker County with the big spike there?

McClennan county active cases seems to have gone up and down real fast. Did they get a nursing home spike and a lot of deaths? That doesn't seem like sufficient time for recovery? Comparing to other counties with spikes in daily cases, the active cases go up and stay up for much longer.
On KBTX last night they said almost all are inmates in Walker. At least I believe it was Walker.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Keegan99
AG
Walker is Huntsville, so that would make sense.
ramblin_ag02
AG
I'd believe it. That big spike in Tarrant County in mid-May was a jail and federal prison outbreak. My friends that work at JPS were swamped
RandyAg98
AG
Wonder if the uptick of new cases in Harris County/Houston is significant. Seems like testing is lower, which is a concern with increased new cases despite lower testing.
wessimo
AG
RandyAg98 said:

Wonder if the uptick of new cases in Harris County/Houston is significant. Seems like testing is lower, which is a concern with increased new cases despite lower testing.

Definitely concerning, hopefully not the beginning of a new trend.
PJYoung
AG
It seems impossible that we wouldn't have an uptick when opening things back up.
Fitch
AG
Reworked this one a little bit to show the growth in testing rather than the cumulative total.

wessimo
AG
TMC indicators beginning to flash yellow. Yesterday they reported the highest increase in cases since March 10.

terradactylexpress
Where did the 400 cases come from? Houston health only reported 160ish, which had been inline with the other days
dragmagpuff
AG
wessimo
AG
Maybe that was for the prior day?

Edit: TMC numbers include neighboring counties.
dragmagpuff
AG
terradactylexpress said:

Where did the 400 cases come from? Houston health only reported 160ish, which had been inline with the other days
TMC numbers are not Houston only, but the greater Houston area.
Fitch
AG
Recent uptick in Harris Co, setting aside the Walker County prison counts.

terradactylexpress
ICU capacity trend went red today
wessimo
AG
Yep, last couple of days have had a high number of new cases. Not great.

terradactylexpress
Id like to see a breakdown of ICU cases, imagine it's mostly elderly?
PJYoung
AG
terradactylexpress said:

Of course it's mostly elderly.
terradactylexpress
Of course, but I'd like to know if it's 80% old AF people or a mix etc
Complete Idiot
terradactylexpress said:

https://spotlight.kaiserpermanente.org/population-level-estimates-of-adults-covid-hospitalized/

PJYoung
AG
GAC06
AG
With less testing shouldn't Georgia's positive rate increase? Am I reading that wrong?
KidDoc
AG
PJYoung said:

I don't have any inside insight into Georgia but I imagine many of the increased positive % will be from case tracking and hotspot testing.

So you get one spot in a meat processing facility and you start testing EVERYONE. You are going to have a high percentage of + even without symptoms. At least that is what the story has been in Texas.
BiochemAg97
AG
PJYoung said:

Interesting how Fl is an upward trajectory, but GA is spiking. Rough eyeball test, the upward slope the last few days is similar. Interestingly, GA appears to have a pretty significant drop in the number of test performed which probably has something to do with the positive rate increasing.
FrioAg 00
AG
The higher it climbs, the closer we are to being down talking about this things

Whether it's heard immunity, or just the reality playing out in the data that this isnt nearly as bad as it was made out to be - either way I'm ready for it to be concluded. Most regions ICUs are nowhere close to being overrun.

Bruce Almighty
AG
I'm not concerned with an increase in cases, but what happens with mortality and ICU cases. If positive cases continue to rise but mortality does not, then that tells me that deaths was very front loaded as it ran rampant through nursing homes.
dragmagpuff
AG
TMC now saying that Current COVID-19 caseload growth trajectory suggests base ICU capacity could be exceeded in 2 weeks...
AgsMyDude
AG
10 posts up
rynning
AG
dragmagpuff said:

TMC now saying that Current COVID-19 caseload growth trajectory suggests base ICU capacity could be exceeded in 2 weeks...
Bookmarked.
BiochemAg97
AG

The caseload growth trajectory appears based on two high days this week. Worth keeping an eye on to see if it drops down again over the next few days.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.