Outdoors
Sponsored by

2019 Western States Draw Deadlines

142,575 Views | 1407 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cupofjoe04
stdeb11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
47min on hold and I hung up to go to a meeting. Try again after.
AgEng06
AG
Log said:

Got my AZ elk and pronghorn points. I'll probably be 65 before I get to use them though.
That's actually another thing that worries me. I got in so late in the game (relatively) that I don't know if it's even worth building points.
DG96
AG
Call a local office. I got mine in minutes just had to give them my cc info.
LEJ
https://s3.amazonaws.com/azgfd-portal-wordpress/PortalImages/files/hunting/draw/applicationForm/paperDrawAppl.pdf

Worst case scenario... they still accept paper apps. If you get it postmarked today, maybe you'll be okay.

I can't find (remember) my username for my online portal account. If I just create a new one I'm sure that'll screw things up.

Deer app/points aren't till this summer so I may just blow this off. I'm def too far behind the points curve in AZ for elk anyway
aggie0959
Called and got a license. Now to try and apply for draw.
stdeb11
AG
What office is everyone calling? I got thru at the Mesa office and could have smacked the person thru the phone. Claimed nothing is wrong with the website and nobody has complained so far. Then followed with "have you restarted your computer?"
aggie0959
I called Tuscon
DG96
AG
The guy at Mesa did mine. He told me the website is fine too. But i just had him enter mine since it worked for him. Shelly at kingsman was no bueno.
BullSprig07
AG
You guys all doom and gloom about AZ elk odds need to look into the late rifle hunts. That's my plan for elk in AZ. Pronghorn is a different story, may as well be applying for a sheep with those odds.
LEJ
AZ actually has OTC rifle tags. You can rifle hunt elk almost (maybe literally) any month of the year (not on any one tag). ..... BUT
BullSprig07
AG
FYI for anyone still getting points/applying today, I looked went to lookup my license# from last year and it said "expired- purchased 2/12/2018". I punched in the license number anyway though and was still able to process my application. So if you bought your license the day of the deadline last year you should still be able to use it today and save $165.
stdeb11
AG
Candice in Tucson is a damn Saint. Got my license and on to the draw!
DG96
AG
Correct. That is why it's such a cluster on the last day to apply. You have the procrastinators and the people who want to apply twice on one license. You have to have a valid license on the LAST day of the application period in order for your draw application to be valid. Next year will be feb 11. It's the second Tuesday in February.
44mAG
AG
AgEng06 said:

Log said:

Got my AZ elk and pronghorn points. I'll probably be 65 before I get to use them though.
That's actually another thing that worries me. I got in so late in the game (relatively) that I don't know if it's even worth building points.
Yea I am not even going to play the Arizona game. Especially since it's one of the more expensive states to build points in. I am focusing on Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana. I probably won't even use some of those points until I am an old man. Seems like most states offer some form of private land owner tag anyways, so I may end up going that route even if I have a lot of points built up for that state.
LEJ
Candice in Tucson IS a saint, and now she gonna be an OB lurker. Lol
shaynew1
AG
LEJ said:

Welcome, Candice
stdeb11
AG
Haha. I referred another friend to her as well....I also said I'd buy her dinner if I was in Tucson
AgEng06
AG
shaynew1 said:

LEJ said:

Welcome, Candice
LEJ
Damn, that was an asswhip but I finally got the deal to go through and received a confirmation for my elk point.

Thanks again Candice in Tucson.

agingcowboy
AG
I know the manager of a large ranch in southern Colorado (west of Trinidad). It is 40k private acres that has been hunted only by family historically. They have recently started offering hunts to the public. The archery season and one of the rifle seasons are over the counter, I believe. It's a little spendy but half the price of adjacent outfits offering hunts with opportunities for legitimate trophy elk. Meals, lodging and guiding provided. It's a good hunt for someone who wants to get their feet wet with western hunting and again opportunity for some huge bulls. I passed on several legit 330's holding out for a "big one". Never happened but lots of fun. Let me know if anyone is interested and I can pass on the manager's email.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PFG
AG
Cowboy,

I'd be interested in that contact info.
schmellba99: Hard to believe people are looking at what is happening and thinking this is something other than a flu like bug
agingcowboy
AG
You have an email you can post for a minute and I'll send you his info? They are careful how they advertise so I'd rather not post it.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PFG
AG
schmellba99: Hard to believe people are looking at what is happening and thinking this is something other than a flu like bug
agingcowboy
AG
Got it.
44mAG
AG
agingcowboy said:

You have an email you can post for a minute and I'll send you his info? They are careful how they advertise so I'd rather not post it.
PM sent
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
trying to be cryptic here, but if the word "three" has something to do with the ranch name I have a buddy whose family has been hunting that ranch for like 20 years and can confirm that it is a special place with a lot of elk
stdeb11
AG
Interested.

Thanks!
agingcowboy
AG
Got it.
agingcowboy
AG
No "3" in this ranch name, but the place I'm talking about is sandwiched in between two even bigger ranches that are well known for huge numbers and huge elk.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
gotcha, curiosity got the best of me and I looked my buddy's family friends' place up, it's (only) 20k acres and now part of ranching for wildlife. I think I found yours though and wow! What a place! I have been on one of the adjoining ranches (the big one) as part of a field trip in college and it was outrageous. Big country, and spectacular accommodations!
agingcowboy
AG
Took me a few minutes but I found your buddy's family place. You are correct about the location (across the road). It's a pretty great area. When I get home I'll post a pic of a ridiculous shed antler I found out there last summer.
Charismatic Megafauna
AgEng06
AG
AZ antelope and elk app deadline extended to 10 p.m. tonight.
Maverick06
AG
Was laying in bed last night and forgot that I didn't get my AZ point. Woke up and did it online. No problems here. It was about 11:30 pm.
arrow
AG
agingcowboy, very interested.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.