Outdoors
Sponsored by

2019 Western States Draw Deadlines

142,597 Views | 1407 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cupofjoe04
arrow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fall weddings.

Last week, I was informed by my wife I'd have the honor of being an usher on October 20th.
arrow
AG
I got some scouting in this weekend. Well, about as much as you can do with a 4-year old. There are no elk in the San Juans. Big bucks are easy enough to find though.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Random question:

If for some awful reason I forget my CO hunting license/tag at home, is there a standard protocol for getting one replaced?

No, I don't plan on losing or forgetting it but I am curious if it's a get the wife to overnight it or can you go to a authorized location and get a replacement?
ttha_aggie_09
AG
One more thing...

I seem to remember getting a pretty good excel spreadsheet with an Hunting checklist from someone on here. I know a lot of people customize theirs but this was a rather generic one from like fish & game or something similar.

My spreadsheet from my last hunt was either deleted or hidden really well on my desktop. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it (with sharing their list, not looking for mine )
cupofjoe04
AG
Authorized retailers should be able to print replacements for a small fee
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
shaynew1 said:

Until he whacks one in a hole 4 hours before the wedding
Well then that's why God invented jewelry. It's her friends wedding anyway, right? Not like he's gonna be missing his wedding for an elk (which i agree would be crossing the line)
cc_ag92
AG
ttha_aggie_09 said:

Random question:

If for some awful reason I forget my CO hunting license/tag at home, is there a standard protocol for getting one replaced?

No, I don't plan on losing or forgetting it but I am curious if it's a get the wife to overnight it or can you go to a authorized location and get a replacement?
We had a guy in our group last year that left his tag at home. It's no problem at all go to the nearest DOW office and they will replace for a small fee.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Thanks guys! As I mentioned earlier, I have no plan on losing mine but I want to know what to do just in case.
AgEng06
AG
stdeb11
AG
SPINNING WHEELS OF DEATH!!!

GIVE ME MY TAGS DAMMIT!
AgEng06
AG
This system sucks!
arrow
AG
You are now in line!

Your estimated wait time is: 4 minutes
AgEng06
AG
I got all the way to "Add to Cart", and now it's locking up.
stdeb11
AG
I've got it in the cart and trying to check out now...

Im sure Joe Fred at the local gas station already bribed his buddy with a 6 pack to have it queued up for him so I'll lose it.
stdeb11
AG
Same... This seems eerily familiar
arrow
AG
I proceeded with my residency selection at about 15 seconds after the hour...
stdeb11
AG
Added the tag to cart and it locked up trying to get to checkout. Now I'm in line with a wait time of 9min

I clicked as soon as the clock rolled over.
AgEng06
AG
Same. I don't want to click to start over bc then I will be out. I keep getting a system error on the add to cart page.

Dammit.... I tried to click on my cart and got kicked back to the "in line" page.
stdeb11
AG
Same here....I haven't clicked in anything out of feae

Coworker clicked a couple seconds early and immediately got the 4min wait time screen. However it took him 10min to wait that 4min.
AgEng06
AG
I have an incognito browser window that is down to 2 minutes!
AgEng06
AG
Quote:

Hunt code does not have available quota.
GDit. There were 9 tags!
stdeb11
AG
Same thing for me. Tag was gone when I tried to check out...guess somebody was a bit quicker.

Now all my backups are gone too. Time to watch the list now I guess
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
stdeb you're in Denver, right? What season are you looking for an extra tag in?
shaynew1
AG
Dang did anyone scoop a sweet one?
arrow
AG
I participate in Colorado's left over system just for the exciting distraction...

My hunt code had 10 tags. When I finally got in the system...maybe 10:17, all were gone. I quickly searched a few other deer tags (all archery and muzzleloader)...all gone.

ETA:
I logged in (selected residency) at appx. 10:00:10 AM CNT according to my phone. I want to know the secret!
cupofjoe04
AG
I was able to pick up 4 tags, and will be auctioning them off for my retirement fund.

Maybe it is all a sham... there really are no leftover tags, they are just keeping people hooked and driving clicks to their site to monetize it?!?!
stdeb11
AG
Yep! I was looking to snag a unit 10 cow tag for 1st rifle since I'm already taking my dad and his buddy out there for that hunt. Also looked at some of the decent archery tags that popped up before committing to my OTC license.

Now I'm just looking for a 3rd rifle cow tag in a good unit since that's the only season I don't currently have a tag or commited to help with a hunt on...Basically on the look out for good meat hunts.
stdeb11
AG
I clicked at soon as it rolled over to 09:00:00.

I believe the secret is knowing someone who has am actual license machine (gas station, sporting goods store, etc) and having them be all setup to go at the same time...at least that's my working theory.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
gotcha...there were a lot of cow tags on the list for the unit/season Lazuras and I are going to hunt (don't know if they are gone already), but that doesn't jive with what you have going on. I've never had any success 3rd rifle so I wouldn't be able to offer any good advice there. Can you get OTC cow and go do some exploring?
stdeb11
AG
That's an option for sure. There's a few units with quite a few tags that would be my last resort just to get out. Last year I played the leftover "game" and just waited it out to scoop up something someone turned in. Got a tag for a great unit the week before that season started (2nd rifle).

Since I am in Denver, have a little flex in work schedule, and my wife is understanding/owes me (remember the stupid vegan wedding?) I'll probably try to do the same and wait it out till the bitter end to see if I can scoop up a high percentage cow hunt.... That's my current plan at least
DG96
AG
I entered a deer hunt that takes about 7 non res points to get. I showed "not available" within 90 seconds after they opened. There were 5 tags so I assume they went to people at a wildlife office with direct access to the system.
I did get two bull tags for my boys in a unit that is easy to hunt and plenty of elk. We got a nice 6X6 last year with that tag, so hopefully it works out again.
AgEng06
AG
I didn't realize the unit I was looking into was that popular for deer, but apparently so. I actually already have a deer tag, but was trying to get one for my brother as well.
stdeb11
AG
Got the new dovetail from black gold installed and got the bow back sighted in this morning! I could use more practice but can sleep a lot better knowing it's all back together.
shaynew1
AG
MBG ftw!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
CO bear tags today!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.