***** Formula 1 - 2023 Season *****

141,912 Views | 1755 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by tk for tu juan
jdgilberg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I like this comparison of '23 testing vs last years quali times, Aston Martin!!

La Fours
AG
I found this on Twitter. The comments are fantastic. I'm guessing it is from the new season of DTS. I just started EP1.

numetalbizkitaggie
AG

numetalbizkitaggie
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CpGafaHP9Zn
hoosier-daddy
What's Sargeant's story?
Gladiator 96
AG
Seb rumors put to rest …

Gladiator 96
AG
Gladiator 96
AG
La Fours
AG
hoosier-daddy said:

What's Sargeant's story?

Are you asking in general? Or were you asking about why he did not participate in day 3 of testing?
Goldie Wilson
La Fours said:

hoosier-daddy said:

What's Sargeant's story?

Are you asking in general? Or were you asking about why he did not participate in day 3 of testing?

I would like to ask generally
WC87
AG
Goldie Wilson said:

La Fours said:

hoosier-daddy said:

What's Sargeant's story?

I would like to ask generally

Generally? Well he is a Sargent. He was a Corporal but got promoted.

I'll show myself out.
NewOldAg
AG
https://www.planetf1.com/news/who-is-logan-sargeant-us-f1-driver/

Pretty good breakdown. He's a good talent but still raw as he's largely been self-funded and unsigned by the big development teams, until Williams picked him up last year.
jorgerr96
Sargeant could have been F3 champion but got taken out on the last race, he was a big rival of Piastri. He then lost funding until Williams signed him and helped out with his F2 seat. Out of all the US prospects in F2-F4 he is definitely the best one. Rest of the US drivers in Europe are mid (Crawford, Hunter) to absolute joke (Brad Benavides who was like P22 or 23 in F3 last year and got a $eat in F2 this year lol).
kyledr04
AG
If anyone was looking for COTA GA tickets, I just saw they will release some on 3/6. There's also a two day Sat+Sun option now.
Azariah
AG
Anyone listening to the Late Braking podcast? I'm quite enjoying it.
ac04
is there a texags F1 fantasy league?
La Fours
AG
I haven't checked that one out. I do listen to F1 Nation and the The Engine Braking Podcast.

F1 Nation is Damon Hill, Tom Clarkson, Natalie Pinkham, and now Pedro de la Rosa has joined the team. Great discussions about each race. Great access post race to interview drivers or team principals.

The Engine Braking podcast is an American and a Brit, both former Red Bull F1 employees talking F1. The American is a guy from Texas named Blake (Brrrrake on Twitter/twitch/YouTube). He was a trackside and sim performance engineer for Force India and then Red Bull. The Brit is a guy named Dan (EngineMode11 in Twitter/YouTube). He was an IT systems engineer. Their shows are pretty much them cracking jokes and being funny, with good technical info mixed in. Their guests have been other F1 team employees or former F1 team employees who are now content creators. They stream the podcast on twitch when it's being recorded. Blake is a full time content creator for F1 and video games. Dan does some content creation, and is working an IT job.

I found Blake from the Last Lap Podcast. I don't subscribe to the pod, but I do follow them on YouTube and watch some of their videos.

Lots of sh*+housery. But it is fun.
La Fours
AG
I don't remember who set it up last year. But it was fun to play.
Gladiator 96
AG
Susie Wolff to head F1 Academy

Gladiator 96
AG
La Fours
AG
Wow. That's surprising.
Gladiator 96
AG
Since Bahrain starts tomorrow....

Race Week is upon us so here is an update to my post from last 2 years

Quick Tutorial for Race Weekend (for those new to F1)

Friday
  • Free Practice 1 and Free Practice 2 - This is a time for teams to test out the cars and all associated operations, and give the driver's time to reacquaint with and get used to the race track and practice doing "hot laps" or full-speed laps. Fastest lap times are recorded and noted for the drivers for each session.

Saturday
  • Free Practice 3 - Final tuneup for the drivers to prepare for qualifying and note any remaining issues with the car. Fastest lap times are recorded and noted for the drivers for each session.

Note: FP sessions last 60 minutes.

• Qualifying - There are three rounds of qualifying (Q1, Q2, Q3) to determine the starting order for the race on Sunday.

Q1 - (18 minutes) All 20 drivers attempt to post their fastest hot lap. Top 15 drivers advance to Q2. Bottom 5 drivers are then slotted 16-20 for the race based on fastest lap times in Q1 session.

Q2 - (15 minutes) Top 15 remaining drivers again try to post fastest hot lap. Top 10 drivers advance to Q3. Remaining 5 drivers are then slotted 11-15 for the race based on fastest lap times in Q2 session.

Q3 - (12 minutes) Top 10 remaining drivers slotted 1-10 based on fastest lap times in Q3 session. "Pole position" awarded to fastest lap time posted in Q3 session.

Note: Drivers can attempt as many times as they are able within the time slot to record a fastest lap.

Sunday
Race - Drivers line up on starting grid based on qualifying results (and penalty times if assessed). Drivers perform a warm-up or "formation" lap to get into position. Lights out and race is underway!
  • Points are awarded only to the Top 10 finishers in the race. Points count toward both driver's and constructor's championships. Fastest driver lap time during the race is also awarded a point unless that driver finishes outside the top 10.
  • Points awarded are 25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1 for Top 10 finishers.
  • Fastest lap time and fastest track sector times are noted during the race.

Sprint Race Rules
    Friday - FP1 and Qualifying take place
  • Qualifying session determines order of Sprint Race on Saturday.
  • Top qualifier on Friday will earn a statistical Pole Position, regardless of Sprint Race results
  • Saturday - FP2 and Sprint Race
  • Sprint Race is roughly 1/3 length of full race, therefore drivers should not have to pit. Sprint Race results determine order of drivers for Sunday race.
  • Points are given for top 8 places (8 to 1).

(Note: If anyone knows of other rule changes that affect this, please provide)
Gladiator 96
AG
nai06
AG
I absolutely love how dedicated Bottas is to the mullet!
SydB92
AG
I wonder if they are going to use Friday as pre-season testing for Lance and see if his wrists/shoulders can handle it.
jdgilberg
AG
This was fun last season so I went ahead and made a Texags fantasy league:

https://fantasy.formula1.com/en/leagues/join/C8WWLFKRR03
gigem70
AG
Finished watching season 5 Drive To Survive just in time for Friday practice. Good stuff.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Gladiator 96 said:

Gladiator 96
AG
Early in FP1 on Day 1, but Alonso already posting in the Aston Martin up with the Red Bulls.
Legal Custodian
AG
Yeah I was surprised by some of those times. Albeit, I didn't watch but Ferrari looked like it struggled and Alonso continues his performance that he had at testing last week.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Gladiator 96 said:

Early in FP1 on Day 1, but Alonso already posting in the Aston Martin up with the Red Bulls.
I didn't watch, but seeing Stroll put up 6th best time is very impressive as he recovers from injury.
Legal Custodian
AG
Aston Martin giving some hope that they might be a force this year.
Gladiator 96
AG
Robert C. Christian said:

Gladiator 96 said:

I didn't watch, but seeing Stroll put up 6th best time is very impressive as he recovers from injury.
His hand issues may catch up with him by the end of the weekend. Already showing signs of it in FP2.
An Ag in CO
AG
And Merc is back to their sandbagging again after a challenging 2022. I didn't really miss that part of their race weekend prep, but they must feel 2023 is looking much better.
jorgerr96
Quali just finished and not sure how to feel about F2 this year. Pourchaire coming back for a 3rd year and then getting pole with 7 tenths over Martins on P2 gives me an idea he will dominate this year because of his experience and that ART that looks like a rocket. I get that Vasseaur wanted him to do another year of F2 but if he wins and has no F1 seat with Sauber next year then what is the point of it.

F3 was pretty cool. I knew Mini was going to be big but still very close so hoping to see a good showing between the Premas and Hitech.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.